The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

New ticket for the Metro today.

20190515_122459.thumb.jpg.e09b281d93fc416144c9e5ec4635c4c3.jpg

I noticed this morning my exhaust bodge from two years ago was leaking, so a quick bit of paste got it through the test.  That'll explain why I stank of fumes on Sunday after the drive back from the microcars.

Then a switchover occurred at my other lockup, as someone else is due some attention now.

20190515_122648.thumb.jpg.79407a1f43af508ba4063aa9b37e0c13.jpg

The bearing I'll farm out, but the lower ball joints I'll do on Saturday as I think atleast one is grumbling.

Also, I've given up wiping down the fine mist of 33 year old French seat foam that seems to cover everything...

20190515_123714.thumb.jpg.48b0b697172f357ef7129cda76d8a7b2.jpg

Fashion news : today I tried on some tan brogues.

And no, before anyone gets excited : I won't be getting any tattoos, wearing tight fitting tweed suits or using beard conditioner.

In unrelated, Japanese car news. It now has a Milltek exhaust.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Ooh.  DB6 on wires or Topolino wagon with a flat tyre.  Tough one that...

Oddly that fiat is the only car I’ve seen mistreated, by being pushed and dragged with a flat. Of the lot seen today I think I’d have to choose the Ferrari coupe.

CX going to local French car workshop Wednesday morning to have dead alternator replaced. First question from workshop boss: "It's an automatic, isn't it?" followed by a distinct groan, followed by him launching into tales of woe about what happens when a mounting bolt - the reverse mounted one - is found to have seized. Going to cost at least 200 quid in labour, as I'm supplying the new alternator.

The man has a BX 14 St. Tropez in at the moment for something or other. He says it brings back memories of when he was doing his training on BX and CX: "....they haven't got any easier with age....", etc.

I was telling sixcylinder I think it was, of a church friend of my parents ( in fact she and their son was the previous owner of my 2cv). Anyway, they were coming back from a French holiday in their cx 25gti when there was a bang, flash and smoke from the engine. Car was running fine though, apart from all the warning lights being lit, and so they pulled over on the autoroute, and a quick inspection found a mounting bracket for the alternator he said had sheered off and cut through part of the main loom.  Got back to the ferry without turning the engine off, including refuelling!