The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

It's a shame you'll be 6 months too late for my camper... autoshite.com/topic/35080-2000-toyota-estima-jdm-yo-camper-nz-wide-delivery-availible/

Also top chod around here, 10-25 year old japanese imports galore!

Ah, that looks far too competent and modern. My followers will be expecting me to try and live in a kei car or something...

Scant progress on the cars of late. Progress on the MGF was halted thanks to a locking wheel nut key which dissolved on it's first deployment.

This kid on Irwin set was procured

mgfnut3.jpg

Arse duly handed to locking nuts;

mgfnut1.jpg

mgfnut2.jpg

Now I've no excuses. Plan is to clean up underside, vactan and hammerite as much as possible. Then strip down and clean brakes, give it a once over and get it in for MOT. 

What ever was inside this box stiff, so i opened it electrical contacte spray in it then dried and spray greased it and seems to of loosened up, but micro switch for poss alarm fell apart upon removal, so balls alarn still sounds...grr off to ebay i go

post-4824-0-86598300-1555928502_thumb.jpg

Today, for the first time in almost exactly 40 years, I relived part of my childhood.

Yes, I rode a bicycle! OK it was only about half a mile but it is a start.

My friends left a selection of bikes here for the family when they visit, and as today is rather nice and I really need to get fitter, I dug out one of the mountain bikes. First thought was I do not remember this much effort being required, but then noticed 2 almost completely flat tyres. Added some air and away I went, my first time on a mountain bike (they had not been invented last time I was on a bike) and I hated it. Returned home and put it away, and looked at the others, 2 other MTBs and a ladies dutch bike. Decided to take out the Dutch bike, but having learnt my lesson, added air to the tyres before trying it. Much better, so I think over the next few days I will start using it and see how I get on.

Good for you mate !

It is knackering getting back on a bike, but if you build up the distance you travel every day it soon becomes easier. I did this pre-return to car driving, and had thighs like treetrunks when I started doing 10 mile rides, when about three weeks previous I'd felt faint crossing the busy road up a slight incline.

I've got to relearn the skills soon hopefully if I'm successful in my garage application (neighbouring council)

Future sil mentioned she going through loads of oil 5 litre in 2 months or less, i said id take a look, well oil pi55ing out oil filter as it really loose to point were i can undo no effort by hand, well i tightened back up and cleaned area, told her tyres are illegaland that carry 2 children they need sorting..now.. !!

post-4824-0-35467100-1555957022_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-59898100-1555957053_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-57202000-1555957084_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-50076200-1555957116_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-20019800-1555957148_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-05508200-1555957187_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-86363400-1555957208_thumb.jpg