The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

My wiper arm puller was delivered today, wee beastie it is too. Cracked both wipers off their tapers on the Audi with a bang and sealed up everything on the scuttle in sight. Hopefully that will cure the water ingress in the drivers footwell.

I thought I wouldn't use the puller again but the 172 wipers will need to come off to replace the washer bottle.

I've found that those tools only last a couple of times before the teeth on the end get out of shape. When they do, you tighten it up and you think moving but it's just taking the paint off the arm. Watch out for that!

£7.99 buys you two side repeater fittings from eBay from a random ex-Honda Civic owner.

After spending two months marvelling at the skills* of the 620 to reject it's nearside fitting for no reason whatsoever aside from looking at it in a menacing, 'seen it before, m8' way(and having to put up with neighbours saying FTFY), one of the two sent to me slid in with a satisfying click and ended with an elegant two-fingered salute to my meddlin' neighbours.

I do like cheap 2 minute fixes very muchly.

I have returned from the viewing of today’s slice of gold and the news I have to report is.... I came home alone. Sadly. I went to view this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS300-SPORT-STUNNING-CAR/254199498912?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

post-7430-0-08831300-1555685769_thumb.jpeg

Fairly bloody smashing it was but I just didn’t want it when I was there, nothing sinister at all about it but a list of little things that turned me off. Such a genuinely nice vendor too, I don’t doubt he’ll sell it to a lucky buyer very soon. Sorry folks, I think I’m clinically dead.

Here’s the closest I’m going to get to 320touring’s guess today

post-7430-0-69882400-1555686322_thumb.jpeg

BMW is getting worse again. Same symptoms as before. Attempted cutting out, difficult restarts (not all the time though, normal starts are on the dot) only today has all this become apparent.

I'll get it fixed but I'm pondering a clear out of both BMW and Vectra and buying something boring like a 320d estate in e46 form. Best of both worlds I reckon.

Most productive day for 620 fettling:

• handbrake adjustment successful, all ticketty boo, 8 clicks - perfect
  • power steering protective cover - bit snipped out to accommodate the new hose - all back in place
  • two failed rubber exhaust mounts replaced

So, with that:

post-20951-0-57093200-1555692784_thumb.png

Fingers crossed....

I went to see a mate today and got to have a smoke around in his Marina 1.8 SDL which he's just got back on the road, it's quite shabby, the arches have been welded up and still have bare filler and it's a bit rusty but it drives really nicely and it's a hell of a lot quicker than mine, quite fancy a 1800 now!442b642be0638e9f6bab22fdf20a9ba8.jpged72fd57af20d170081342efe30080dd.jpg788e67d39afb95b5bdfec4fa74ebda8e.jpg7a8e9c2884bcf0a444df17b2c6010a1f.jpg