The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I don't know them so will report back...

I go religiously to Cropredy though, it's like Christmas for me.

My grandad (rip) used to live in middleton Cheney and once took me in his allagro fandom plahs (sic) to cropredy for a quiet lunch time drink. The place was "packed with fucking hippies" no seats anywhere.

Landlord found someone prepared to sit on the grass outside to let an 85 year old sit down in a proper chair.

My grandad (rip) used to live in middleton Cheney and once took me in his allagro fandom plahs (sic) to cropredy for a quiet lunch time drink. The place was "packed with fucking hippies" no seats anywhere.

Landlord found someone prepared to sit on the grass outside to let an 85 year old sit down in a proper chair.

Yeah, sorry about that. I do cut my hair these days though.

I love festivals but I do worry about the impact on the locals - at Cropredy I salve my conscience by putting cash into every local charity bucket that comes around, and buying breakfast at the local places rather than the food vans.

I love festivals but I do worry about the impact on the locals.

I live in Castle Donington - the heavy metal capital of the known universe.

Download festival causes minimal traffic disruption in the village, if you think ahead & avoid it.

The supermarket, campsite, pubs & cafés thrive, there is no trouble and you can barely hear the music.

I find this post so offensive I think I’ll report it to a mod for offending me....

In truth the list of cars we are not allowed (including said Qashqai) is our version of a pre nup...

My wife has a Juke. It zings along at 70 and is very anonymous. Nice leather too. Never say never.

You can do it without taking off the rad but you do need to remove the air cleaner trunking and inlet manifold.

No. I removed all the bolts and pipes and hoses holding the inlet manifold in place and the expansion bottle which seems to be an integral part of the radiator stops it from being moved out of the way.

I can haz new wheels! No collection thread because the totally awesome Davehedgehog31 of this parish delivered it tonight. Not just delivered but he also insisted on giving me a massive discount on the previously agreed sale price because he found a couple of minor issues with it the other day. So the mighty Diesel Astra  "Enjoy" will shortly be taking over the duties of being "an car" from the venerable old CRV. The CRV has filled the role of white goods motoring for an incredible 6 years now but a recent change of employer and longer commute means it's eating me out of house and home with its 25mpg frugality*. 

WBAC will shortly be relieving me of the CRV because it's too shit to offer up here IMHO. (1) If you really wanted a CRV then a nice example that hasn't done 183,000 miles and been used as a van isn't that much money. (2) If you wanted cheap motoring then even if I paid you to take it away you couldn't afford it with 25mpg and £315 road tax. (3) If you can afford  £315 road tax and 25mpg there are many, many more interesting cars to try than a clapped out old Honda.

Not only a new car but buying if from the pages of Autoshite means that's another little bucket list box ticked :-)

WBAC will shortly be relieving me of the CRV because it's too shit to offer up here IMHO. (1) If you really wanted a CRV then a nice example that hasn't done 183,000 miles and been used as a van isn't that much money. (2) If you wanted cheap motoring then even if I paid you to take it away you couldn't afford it with 25mpg and £315 road tax. (3) If you can afford  £315 road tax and 25mpg there are many, many more interesting cars to try than a clapped out old Honda.

Must admit I quite liked my CRV, it fulfilled the role of 'An Car' really well and being a V reg only cost about £240 to tax.

Can also confirm DH31 is a GR9 seller. Wud By Again.

I bought this old heap off my mate at work the other week to replace the 323 being roffled as an estate is a bit more useful to me for work and general old rammel collecting duties - it's a 2005 Astra 1.8 Club estate

post-177-0-30754200-1552470773_thumb.jpg

It was a bit of a scrapyard save as it had an electrical drain that was sending it flat overnight, which was annoying him, then he happened to check its MOT and found it ran out last November :shock:  oops!

Anyways I had a look at what the scrap man would turn up and collect it for, so it became mine for £141

Did a bit of googling and apparently the radios can go king dick and cause a drain so i got the multimeter out, pulled a few fuses and that seemed to be the case so that is on the floor in the back now :D

A new dropling and the horn fixing and its now tested up :)

Sadly i'm an idiot and can't leave anything alone, so it has a new bonnet to replae the massively dented old one, some astra VXR snowflakes, and matching vxr suspension. Just need a rear spoiler and the xp pack front splitter and that will do for a budget bus.

post-177-0-71420500-1552472174_thumb.jpg