The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I reckon you solved the wheel mystery, LP, how wonderfully obscure a choice.

Checked the new CV boots I bought a while ago against the ones on the car.  They look to be the same dimensions where it matters, the new ones just have less ridges than the old ones.  I was only planning to replace the boot on the side I need to do the wheel bearing on, unfortunately the boot on the good wheel bearing side has split 3/4 of the way around, fairly recently by the look of it, so I'll have to do both now which is a bit more faff than I wanted.  Still, at least I spotted it now rather than having it be an issue at the MoT itself.

Salutations everyone

I’m still alive just rather busy as I’ve moved the family full time to Bulgaria, we are just about to come to our 1 year anniversary. I’m splitting time between working in Shetland (to fund it) and being over here working on the house.

Still got the Granada in the barn, shipped over a pallet of spares from the UK inc all 4 doors, bonnet & full leather interior. She will be being put into the garage when it’s built and then the barn converted into a huge living room. Got the Transit registered on BG plates (the MoT here is laughable) and now got a Focus CC to run about in.

Hope you’ve all been keeping well in my absence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought that particular shape of Civic was a pretty cool little car when I was a kid. I remember a really bright red one knocking round the neighbourhood back in the day. Very sharp styling.

In the days when I was Tontops I tried to buy one that has been standing on a mates neighbours drive.

I offered £100, he wanted £200. I bid him farewell.

About 3 years later the scrap man picked it up from where it had sat.

Not sure who lost out really. Probably the car.

In the days when I was Tontops I tried to buy one that has been standing on a mates neighbours drive.

I offered £100, he wanted £200. I bid him farewell.

About 3 years later the scrap man picked it up from where it had sat.

Not sure who lost out really. Probably the car.

£500 for a shagged one these days.

They do like to rot there. I found evidence of a previous repair to mine that had been left in the spare wheel well, the PO had no clue it was there so made a good haggling point (especially as I'd taken a magnet with me and knew a proper repair had been done). The evidence? The old sill end/rear arch.

I keep this to show people with '80s and '90s Hondas and Rovers what the worst grot spot on them is.8ef0ec621633ad5e80572e221b15870a.jpgd06d5ed073386a6d89b52ff5243d3296.jpge7aa50d3e5230bc37105f190bd47263c.jpg

Mrs Cade has decided she's had enough of shitering and has purchased a Fiat 500L on finance! She has a fine history with shite, highlights include a Fiat Coupe, an Alfa 146 boxer and a 190D. End of an era, and now I have to decide what to do with her wee Daihatsu Charade. I rather like it!

Will I turn into Peter Kay if I drive the Fiat anywhere?. Collect it Tuesday seemingly, it's bloody huge!

The Vito has gone, longest I've ever owned any vehicle and I really miss it. No more camping for us for the forseeable future, There will forever be a turquoise van shaped hole in my life. :(

The cup holder I bought from a vehicle Dismantlers on eBay for a 1995 vw polo arrived today. No I don’t have a VW, but I do have a plan!

Pics to follow, but an x1/9 at last year’s Brooklands meeting had a cut down one between the seats that looked smart and useful. For £10 I thought it worth a try.

Last night my wife informed me that my daughter's yellow Bini Cooper which I paid 425 for a clutch on a month ago is makibg aweful noises at motorway speeds.

Apparently she's tried to talk to me but I've fobbed her off.

Well that's because I thought it was a bit a back lash because before the clutch went she made me listen to it and it was clearly a bit worn but hey Midlands fucking gearbox circa 2001.

Anyway apparently I'm to help buy a replacement car.

I'll listen to it again today.

I wonder if it's worse after the clutch change. Maybe they did something wrong. Maybe it's not the gearbox.

I wondered if I could have the Bini and restore it to an as new state.

Get rid of the mx5. Use it at weekends.

I wonder if I should sack off the moanega which needs some Work and replace it with a 650i or an Monaro

I wonder I wonder.

Had a drive. It's worse, but I reckon there's a few miles left in it.

I took it to the place that did the clutch and they suggest a second hand gearbox in the next few months will be required.

They would charge 250 to fit it. Looking on eBay that looks like another 250 quid for the box.

We could bail out on gum tree it or we could go second hand or maybe a refurbed exchange unit?

Anyone know a decent supplier of Midlands finest gearbox???

Mrs Cade has decided she's had enough of shitering and has purchased a Fiat 500L on finance! She has a fine history with shite, highlights include a Fiat Coupe, an Alfa 146 boxer and a 190D. End of an era, and now I have to decide what to do with her wee Daihatsu Charade. I rather like it!

Will I turn into Peter Kay if I drive the Fiat anywhere?. Collect it Tuesday seemingly, it's bloody huge!

The Vito has gone, longest I've ever owned any vehicle and I really miss it. No more camping for us for the forseeable future, There will forever be a turquoise van shaped hole in my life. :(

Always liked Fiats but those 500Ls are boggin'.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

What is it with you and Honda brakes?

This is the reverse of the last problem, the Civic's were stuck ON!

Also, today I've learned it is possible to drive through Glasgow rush hour without a foot brake. It isn't however, advisable. Also, the Acclaim has a sensor for low brake fluid and illuminates a warning light on the dash, how fancy!

post-19482-0-05347900-1552066848_thumb.jpg

Always liked Fiats but those 500Ls are boggin'.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Hmm, She loves Fiats and she wanted a safe car for our Grandaughter. I stayed out of the buying process! At least I managed to get her not to buy a Diesel.

Gears in the Princess went all funny today.  Quick fix on the drive since I just needed to screw the bolt back in that a previous owner used to replace the snapped off pin on the selector ball.  Should see me good for another few years now, or I could expend some effort and actually sort out the spare selector box I've got and fit that instead.  These minor inconveniences are happening because the MoT is looming and it knows.

Christ that group is awful. I've not been on it for years. Like all Facebook pages it was okay until it got nothing but people posting 'Clarkson Scrap It' photos in anything that isn't an old Ford.