The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

V1 was originally rebuilt and returned to the road using the mechanical units from... Glasgow's A10.

A10 had an SCG 'box fitted when V1 was Voith, but I believe the purists have now ruined it and refitted it with a Voith now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can't beat a screaming Ailsa. Belt whine & SCG 'box make a good harmony.

I remember the Maidstone & District ones that would sometimes be on a Chatham - Gravesend route in the 80's, replacing a usual Bristol VRTs.

Remember that stolen/stripped 2cv from a year ago? Well yesterday the owner picked it up after an extensive restoration.

attachicon.gif17zzjegqwji21.jpg 

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/manchester/comments/aua59s/a_year_ago_today_i_posted_asking_if_anyone_had/

Yes Claire ecstatic.

Has anyone else been following the chap on YouTube restoring a £500 Rover P6?  It is weirdly addictive and quite amusing especially once his mate starts getting involved. Some of it is bordering on Partridge stuff but this is all totally genuine.  I am yet to find a better series on Netflix.  Here is part one

A day out in the dull Passat today, I changed the fuel filter in anticipation yesterday.

I think the old fuel filter was clogged with the cheap soya SVO I was using a month ago because it goes a lot better now and the fuel consumption is incredible, 65 MPG through the mountains with overtakes and 80MPH blasts on the motorway. It drives a lot better with new track rod ends and the tracking done and was quite fun to drive on the A85.

No pictures of the car but have some mountains.

6075238c5b6f862b1771c08a81a0b99c.jpg

Has anyone else been following the chap on YouTube restoring a £500 Rover P6?  It is weirdly addictive and quite amusing especially once his mate starts getting involved. Some of it is bordering on Partridge stuff but this is all totally genuine.  I am yet to find a better series on Netflix.  Here is part one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rudyEleDAY

Enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.

Remember that stolen/stripped 2cv from a year ago? Well yesterday the owner picked it up after an extensive restoration.

attachicon.gif17zzjegqwji21.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/manchester/comments/aua59s/a_year_ago_today_i_posted_asking_if_anyone_had/

That's good to see.

Is there a fuller story of the recovery and rebuild anywhere than the precis on Reddit?