The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

You make that sound like a bad thing!

For us, it's hilarious. The ovloV does 32 and beyond MPG and the Jazz does upwards of 50. Grandmother's Rav4 is probably the worst, because she revs its nuts off every time!

Brother might* be weeping because of the fuel costs...

Saw somebody trying to parallel park into a space that wasn't there. Wondered what he was trying to do, as I drove past, until I heard the clunk as the back of his car hit the side of the one already in the space. Unfortunately I was in traffic and couldn't stop at the time, but enough people were on the pavement who would hopefully take details if he drove off.

Not very exciting, but getting nearer to finally putting the Thunder wheels on the blue Puma after some last minute arsing about at a scrap yard that's closing for good, the spare wheels off the car and dropping them off at a tyre place to change over.

51933315_1999828500313096_31934908967797

The more I look round the Thunder, the more fucked it appears. Good job it's a parts car, will strip it completely at some point, next up will (hopefully) be the leather interior. 

Oh feck.....

I think I spent £3000 on welding my cx DTR - from 2001 to 2006 and 111,000 to 174,0000. Some very intricate welding was done, but the final straw was the rear subframe parting company with the body. No solution apart from a full body off subframe repair so I sold it.

I saw that on he Thickthorn roundabout yesterday, I did wonder what it was for a second.

LEVC TX, they're the replacement for LTI TX4s. They've started appearing in Manchester quite a bit. They're PHEVs but mainly run on electricity, the engine is a 'range extender'. The idea is that they're zero emission capable.

Since I've decided to take my FE estate off the road,it was high time to see if my HC Viva was still functional,hasn't been started in about a year.

Charged up the battery and it started after about 40 seconds of cranking.

post-5543-0-33612900-1550181496_thumb.jpg

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Push in choke and it settled down to a reasonable idle

Cue lots of oil burning off various bits as it warms up.

Will chuck a bucket of water over it in the coming days,it's covered in crud.

Missus needed more seats for childrens drs appointments and off to see her sister tomos so taken my galaxy and left me her car.. macho.. watching blokes pull up to see the arm candy driving it, the see its bearded old thug assed me.. how they suddenly look away...

I still think you should fit those headlamp eyelashes to it.  :mrgreen:

Now sounding like a very exciting night on a victorian bed

https://youtu.be/jGfsVnPMvUU

The Frontera is on its way to get looked at properly this time. Everything looks as though should so no idea what's broken.

IMG_20190215_115246.jpg

IMG_20190215_115300.jpg

Not related but to add to the excitement just found yet another leak from the bathroom too but this time into the extension...

Maybe the squeak is a dried out rod seal on a shock?

Do they not use salt over there in winter? Just wondering as the Cavalier is clearly a daily yet the arches are still there.

Not really seen any gritters out here

I think they just keep on top of keeping roads clear when it does snow,plus highly recommended winter tyres are used by everyone

There are some hugely rotten cars here though.I have seen a Mazda Montrose that has a boot lid made completely of wob of various generations.....

Quite a few mk2 Cavaliers near me too which seem to be in fairly decent condition