The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

As reported in "Split Pin's" 75 thread, my friend just took on ownership of the earliest surviving Raver 75 in Europe.

49895457_377127469686275_7582158986015670272_n.jpg

I'd encourage him to join, but I don't want him to know what a pervert I really am - plus his daily is a Tesla Model S. (Wanker)

x

Ooft! This was on display at the NEC I think.

EDIT: Read above!

Finally got round to retrieving the ex-Ghosty R8 yesterday. Much grinnage caused by the return journey.

It does really feel like it needs an extra gear for motorway work, but that's hardly an issue as I only use motorways every 3 months or so, and it'll be even less of a problem once it's had some soundproofing sorted. The ASBO-spec exhaust is totally worth it though, just for the absolute music that results from booting it to 5.5k.

Handling feels way more sharp and planted than I was expecting tbh, and the seats are easily up there with Volvos for comfort. It's vibrating quite horrifically at idle, but tinternetz suggests that's probably something simple like a vacuum hose or loose ECU connection.

Overall score: 9.47834782/10, would spank again.

Finally got round to retrieving the ex-Ghosty R8 yesterday. Much grinnage caused by the return journey.

It does really feel like it needs an extra gear for motorway work, but that's hardly an issue as I only use motorways every 3 months or so, and it'll be even less of a problem once it's had some soundproofing sorted. The ASBO-spec exhaust is totally worth it though, just for the absolute music that results from booting it to 5.5k.

Handling feels way more sharp and planted than I was expecting tbh, and the seats are easily up there with Volvos for comfort. It's vibrating quite horrifically at idle, but tinternetz suggests that's probably something simple like a vacuum hose or loose ECU connection.

Overall score: 9.47834782/10, would spank again.

Enjoy it! They're surprisingly competent, people don't realise they're just Honda Civics in a charity shop M&S blouse. If you haven't looked in the boot it's full of spare bits I had lying about. There are 2 spare wheels.

The idle stuff might be the valve clearances or head bolts needing torquing from the recent head gasket change. Easy enough to do though.

Considering the possibility of Rover Roffle.  I've entered many roffles and never won, so perhaps the key is to host a roffle instead?

Well, yeah, that's a good way to ensure that you win one. You'd need someone equally unethical to 'buy' your ticket for you though, and you'd still need to get rid of the Rover somehow.

Considering the possibility of Rover Roffle.  Tickets would need to be £9.60 a pop if I've got my maths correct.  I've entered many roffles and never won, so perhaps the key is to host a roffle instead?

£500 isn't? That's an £8.50 ticket.

Today I put the Mazda back on its original  07 plate, it looks almost smart with the original (for me)plates on for the first time :) MOT is booked for next week , hence preparation for early disposal to cut my losses if it fails catastrophically  ;) If all is ok then it has a reprieve while I can look more seriously for something a bit newer and better at my leisure.

Well, yeah, that's a good way to ensure that you win one. You'd need someone equally unethical to 'buy' your ticket for you though, and you'd still need to get rid of the Rover somehow.

I think that should be adopted as an Autoshite rule to add a level of jeopardy to a roffle. The roffler is automatically assigned ticket 1.

I really cannot see why you'd want to do that. The BMW ones I've driven seem fine on rear drums. Extra cooling is wise for the front discs, but they were fairly over-engineered anyway. The racers just add heat-sinks.

I questioned the need, but it’s for ease of servicing during the race apparently.

Anyway, I was in London today for a meeting at Burlington house and stopped at the MG showroom on Piccadilly next door. The early mini was very nice, but rather neglected with two flat tyres! I think the showroom is very likely there just to sell branded tat to tourists. I do wonder what the residents of the Albany think of it too. Car wise, nothing of note spotted but quite a few police around the DOD and horse guards. Not much traffic about in general though.

Mrs h. has caught me off-guard.

1). She's suggested we get a Duster to replace our modern (her car, a 5 year old Tiguan.  I only drive it if we go on holiday or working shite count is zero).

2). She's suggested I acquire a van as the firewood I collected in the C15 a couple of years ago has largely been used up.

Well, that’s the Brexit vote watched, I’m off outside to sweep the drive and move the jag in preparation for more stone to arrive for the patio without risking any collateral chod casualties from the grabber.

Don’t want to be handing back Hillmans Jag in May looking like that D-Reg XJ40 in the eBay F-Me thread...

Well, that’s the Brexit vote watched, I’m off outside to sweep the drive and move the jag in preparation for more stone to arrive for the patio without risking any collateral chod casualties from the grabber.

Don’t want to be handing back Hillmans Jag in May looking like that D-Reg XJ40 in the eBay F-Me thread...

There was not a single clause in the withdrawal bill about how French barn finds on leboncoin could be imported into the UK after Brexit. The Government is truly out of touch.