The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Been buzzing around in the Y10 today as it's been dry and relatively mild.  I bloody love that little car, despite its running issues.  It's like a proper little go-kart to drive.  Oh, and the speedo has started working again too.

Not got much else done this weekend on the fettling front - I was hoping to get the Runabout back together again, but the online purveyor of parts for elderly mopeds sent out the wrong bloody carb gasket - I messaged him and he said he'd send a correct one, but it hasn't arrived yet.  The Rover 75's Doom Box hasn't got here yet either, although I wasn't really expecting it to.  I'll just have to hope the weather next weekend is as clement as it's been today.

I did however "fix" the knackered rear seat cushion in the 75 using £5-worth of beige fleece blanket bought from eBay, with a couple of holes snipped in it for the seatbelt buckles to go through.  It looks a lot better than the ripped leather, and will do as a temporary fix until a decent seat base comes up in the right colour leather.

Other than that, I put the alloys back on the HR-V (it does look a lot better for it, even though the tyres are shagged), and repositioned the wiper arms on the Audi as the passenger side was coming off the bottom of the screen and buggering up the blade.  Other than clearing all the rubbish and tools out of the boot post-MOT pass, and spending some time staring at the injector pump and wondering whether I would dare to attempt a fix on it myself (current answer: no), that was about it for fettling this weekend.

The Perodua has gone, sold to a pleasant young woman who communicated in whole sentences, turned up when she said and paid the agreed price in cash.  She was actually upgrading from a Nippa, believe it or not.  The 207 has gone to the great scrapyard in the sky after I lost patience with the blithering fuckwits who were responding to the Gumtree ad.  Scrappy gave me 150 quid for it so I lost a bit money-wise, but gained a whole lot of time and sanity, so worth it overall.

Reality's hit a bit.. There will be sales shortly after Christmas. Anybody interested in a Rover 3-litre saloon, Lada Riva estate, Peugeot 404 saloon or a Maestro VdP with the lcd dash? None are roadworthy but they'd all go again pretty easily. Pm if you're interested, I'm in Essex.

Pics dude - goes without saying some idiot entrepreneur on here will take one or all off your hands...…….

Took the Scirocco into the garage this morning to get the non-charging and alternator sorted by their auto electrician, and one of the mechanics has offered to buy it.

Taking a long hard think, but tempted to bin it and buy the ex-Bramz 205 or similar.

Bloody good car that 205.  Ridiculously competent for a 25-year-old shopping trolley.

First day in my new job tomorrow. Should have been worried about it and a bit nervy all day but I have been busy running errands, doing dinners, and talking to Mrs P who has been away working for the weekend and has had a stressful time of it.

10.41pm. Still not too worried, more gutted about having to get up early tomorrow. Mad isn’t it? A return to proper paid employment after months and months of effort, disappointment, blind alleys, and bad luck and all I can think about is missing Kojak....

I think the extended time off might have made me a tad lazy!

How did it go mate?

First day in my new job tomorrow. Should have been worried about it and a bit nervy all day but I have been busy running errands, doing dinners, and talking to Mrs P who has been away working for the weekend and has had a stressful time of it.

10.41pm. Still not too worried, more gutted about having to get up early tomorrow. Mad isn’t it? A return to proper paid employment after months and months of effort, disappointment, blind alleys, and bad luck and all I can think about is missing Kojak....

I think the extended time off might have made me a tad lazy!

Hope it went well

Looking forward to you sharing your new knowledge with us.

For free of course.

Right, day one complete. Have been issued with unnecessarily nice laptop and phone, and given an information overload so intensive that I can’t remember where I live.

Good news is my “territory” is Essex and East Anglia so not too many overnighters will be needed. Team all seem good types as well so first impressions are rather good.

So tensed up I couldn’t eat today (standard nervous thing) so am starving now!

Well, since my grump this morning, I have spoken to Red5, after some sorting, my BMW which continues to have heater/engine overheating problems (caused by topping up with water yesterday and somehow creating an airlock) my BMW is now here for a few days:

post-3572-0-64878200-1543864475_thumb.jpg

And I am now using this:

post-3572-0-98208000-1543864524_thumb.png

First impressions? Well it's slightly less refined than the BMW but so far, I like the lazy diesel engine, the higher torque whereas the petrol BMW can be difficult to keep at a constant torque.

Anyway. Big massive thanks to Red5 for helping me out. I like the MG, it makes me smile but I'm gonna keep on plodding with the BMW, it has really grown on me and I don't think it needs a huge amount of work, well, at least I hope it doesn't...

You have my sympathies.

Yes, I wouldn't be going if it wasn't for football. I'll turn up, watch football, then leave. It's not on my list of places to go for shits and giggles.

Along with Birmingham.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

When I dropped the Mercedes off at the paint shop this morning they had a late v12 Xjs idling outside with the n/s front wing and front door in primer, a Rover 3.5 coupe up on the lift in various state of repair and were manhandling the bare shell of a four door minor into the paint booth. Cycled home from work, and have a RSC committee meeting to go to tomorrow in the 2cv.