The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Using the A627M / M60 often recently.

Yesterday bale of Straw/Insulation in the centre lane.

Car in front of me swerved a bit late, I swerved a bit later, but missed it.

Today lights flashing inside lane closed.

Large piece of machinery fell off an artic, driver was trying to drag it to the hard shoulder but having little success.

My gaming rig is up and running again, 6 month after moving in I've finally sorted out the man cave. Perfect place for me to hide while the Mrs is watching Noel Edmonds in the Jungle.

IMG_6676.JPG

Asteroids anyone?

Nope but I’ll give you a game of split screen Goldeneye on the N64.

Still remember being amazed at how realistic ‘Cracker’ looked on that game. I bet it’s shit now but, at the time, that whole thing was mind blowing.

I still have my N64 for the same reason!

Nope but I’ll give you a game of split screen Goldeneye on the N64.

Still remember being amazed at how realistic ‘Cracker’ looked on that game. I bet it’s shit now but, at the time, that whole thing was mind blowing.

I still have my N64 for the same reason!

I'm shit at Goldeneye. Always was, mainly because I'm cack-handed and would prefer to move the analogue with my right hand/thumb and the fire buttons with my left.

I got the Wii version of Goldeneye for my birthday, I've still yet to play it. The PS1 and the Wii live in the lounge, as the wife plays on those more than I do, but I may have to have a game of Crash Bandicoot or Metal Gear Solid this afternoon before she gets home.....

My gaming rig is up and running again, 6 month after moving in I've finally sorted out the man cave. Perfect place for me to hide while the Mrs is watching Noel Edmonds in the Jungle.

attachicon.gifIMG_6676.JPG

Asteroids anyone?

that looks like the result of some late night, beer assisted, ebaying ? I'm well impressed, is that a micro-drive to the left of the spectrum+ ?  

that looks like the result of some late night, beer assisted, ebaying ? I'm well impressed, is that a micro-drive to the left of the spectrum+ ?  

Whole lot cost a tenner.

The Atari was my aunt's, she bought it new in 1979, and she gave it to my dad for my brother and I to play on in 1983. Sat in the loft for years on end. Needs a re-cap and a composite mod really to get the best* that it can give.

The Spectrum came from a charity shop that just throws electrical stuff out, gave them a tenner donation for the spectrum+ and a rubber key, each with power supplies. Both worked until recently, just the 48k+ does now. I was gifted 3 boxes of 48k spectrum stuff, including 2 48k+, 6 micro drives (all working!) with assorted cartridges and 100 or so pieces of not so legal software of which only 6 were games. Some I gifted, including to YouTuber Nostalgia Nerd. The rest was eBayed.

The N64 came off the bins years ago with 3 shitty games, which I traded in for 1 working copy of GoldenEye.

I never came across the Amstrad CPC that we took to my grandparents after I went over to CP/M & MS-DOS systems around 1988. That had about 200 games with it. There was an Amiga 500 knocking about somewhere as well, again with hundreds of games.

I'm certainly after another Amstrad CPC and a C64. 10 or so years ago they couldn't be given away.

Once Windows 95 came along I lost all interest in computers as a hobby.

I still want Mario Kart 64 if anyone has this knocking about... And a couple of controllers as that grey one is wank.

Ohhhhh goldeneye my fave N64 Game

Multiplayer - baron samedi with a “klob”

I used to know which Moonraker Scientist was the tiny woman Jaws fell in love with in the film. My uni mates would hate me choosing that one when we had an N64 in halls.

The only reason I want a number of 8-bit platforms is some games play better on the C64 than the Spectrum or the Amstrad version beats the 64 in gameplay.

Plus SID tunes are a must. Especially Ocean Loaders.

we had a BBC B complete with a tape player.......

so we had "killer gorilla" "chuckie egg", "hopper" "planitiods" and "meteors" amongst other knock off BBC versions of the popular video games from the olden dayz.

i think that me mam still has it somewhere. maybe.

BBC Micros were extremely powerful at the time, and you can still do a lot with them today. I never took to them though.

@stuboy

To be fair, yes Rover R8s are creeping up in value slowly. There's still a few being scrapped, sadly, but the number of roadworthy ones is definitely on the decline. So not actually a bad call, in my opinion. And there's still a few rescue-worthy ones around (a bit like mine) for silly cheap which, with a little* work, can be easily rolling-resto'd. Just ask cats ;)

Mind you I'm not a fan of modding cars - keep them as they were intended if you don't mind.

we had a BBC B complete with a tape player.......

so we had "killer gorilla" "chuckie egg", "hopper" "planitiods" and "meteors" amongst other knock off BBC versions of the popular video games from the olden dayz.

i think that me mam still has it somewhere. maybe.

I think I still have an Acorn Electron in my parent's loft

I’d dearly love to know what happened to my Commodore 64.

Yes emulators blah etc but still.

We even had the 5.5” drive from when floppy discs really were floppy!

I know where mine are, I have a facelift and a pre facelift c64 at my mum's as well as a Vic 20, manuals, old magazines etc Rucks of games both tapes and cartridges, I should really dig them out, I doubt I'd remember how to load a tape on them now, I do have an Atari 2800 at mine for retro gaming