The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Someone paid money to make their new Audi look like a T reg one!

Hope the expansion tank is just cracked and it's not an underlying head gasket or head issue.

I pissed a girl at work off when I told her the car she was driving looked in good nick for 13 years old.

IT"S NEW

why is it on a 55 plate  then

it said something like

LM 55 ANG

It's my name innit

what ANG , youre called ANG,

No angela

close enough for £250 then

Arse

Set off for Stratford in the transit pickup , got to J20on the M6 and its dropped what looks like all its water, lost power but the temp gauge didn't get to the red , slowed and it dropped to normal so I crawled along the hard shoulder hoping to make it to McDonalds (priorities)but the twats have coned the hard shoulder off so that's fucked that then

Arse

Set off for Stratford in the transit pickup , got to J20on the M6 and its dropped what looks like all its water, lost power but the temp gauge didn't get to the red , slowed and it dropped to normal so I crawled along the hard shoulder hoping to make it to McDonalds (priorities)but the twats have coned the hard shoulder off so that's fucked that then

All Fords are shit ???? 

Y10 speedo is still playing up.  Couldn't find any issues with the wiring either at the sensor end or the clocks end (although it's such a tangle of bloody wires behind there that I would struggle to spot any issues that did exist), so I'm going to assume that the timing of it going haywire was coincidental and not linked to me fitting a new horn (the sensor is on the other side of the gearbox anyway).  So I've fixed* it by unplugging the wire from the sensor - I'll just use my phone as a speedo for now. 

Long term I should probably fix it, but I'm not sure whether it's the sensor or the clock causing the issue - is there any way of measuring the signal from a speed sensor?  Is it variable voltage or is it a pulsed signal?  Sensors are available but it's a twat to get to, at least without removing the brake master cylinder (which I'd really rather not do).  There is a replacement speedo on eBay but it's in Italy and thus in km/h (although one assumes the faces should be straightforward enough to swap over).

In answer to Stuboy, the plastic on the moulded clips used to connect the handle to the tailgate frame on a Qashqai isn’t up to the job and eventually snaps. I’m lucky, ours is black so I just bought an aftermarket unpainted one as a replacement. There’s three different types depending on whether you’ve got keyless entry and/or a reversing camera.

I’ve seen a lot of hideous chrome ones, Qashqai owners can go almost as mad with the stuff as PT Cruiser owners.

post-20043-0-97773400-1541615665_thumb.jpg

Found the interesting corner in the car park. There is someone who commutes in a Viggen...need to find that and park there some day.

I find myself liking this car more and more each time I drive it. It's really hard to compare it to anything I've had beforehand as it's so different. It has a nice old car warm smell to it.

I really, really want to try out an NG900 or early 9-3 now. I've spotted a couple on eBay but really shouldn't. But might.

Speedo senser will almost certainly be a pulsed signal, X pulses per mile.

If it goes wild even after you've stopped, I reckon the clocks could do with a repair. If you can spare them for a bit I'm happy to have a look.

It goes wild as soon as the car starts moving, so it's obviously getting an input from the sensor to send it haywire.  It doesn't stop until the ignition is switched off though.  That's a very kind offer - I'll probably stop using the car once the council start salting the roads so will drop you a PM then.

20181107_174452.jpg

Found the interesting corner in the car park. There is someone who commutes in a Viggen...need to find that and park there some day.

I find myself liking this car more and more each time I drive it. It's really hard to compare it to anything I've had beforehand as it's so different. It has a nice old car warm smell to it.

I really, really want to try out an NG900 or early 9-3 now. I've spotted a couple on eBay but really shouldn't. But might.

You've hit the Saab epiphany. Not everyone does and not everyone is patience enough. However once you do, you wonder why the hell you didn't get one sooner.

Even after GM messed them around, the engineers still managed to keep Saab mostly feeling like a Saab. They're certainly not the best car in the world but there is something about them gets under your skin. Certainly not the most reliable either, yet people keep fixing them as they just seem right.

In answer to Stuboy, the plastic on the moulded clips used to connect the handle to the tailgate frame on a Qashqai isn’t up to the job and eventually snaps. I’m lucky, ours is black so I just bought an aftermarket unpainted one as a replacement. There’s three different types depending on whether you’ve got keyless entry and/or a reversing camera.

I’ve seen a lot of hideous chrome ones, Qashqai owners can go almost as mad with the stuff as PT Cruiser owners.

Reminded me of the hooge side steps on my brothers car he just got when zafira got wrote off

post-4824-0-94554200-1541628913_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-53152800-1541628942_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any opinion of Autogreen tyres before I get a pair nailed to the front of the Zafira over the weekend?

They are very reasonably priced, the same figures for fuel, noise etc as Avon zv7's and I'm sure I've seen the name on modern car tyres.

SVX is back. Got bummed by the gearbox place.

I think the 'box mounts are super frigged 'cos I'm certain the box shouldn't be able to shake the car in reverse or go GNNNNBANG underneath the car under load.

Engine mounts and box mounts are still available from Subaru, amazingly.

Booked into tame garage to diagnose fault (after they've stopped laughing).

Then it needs a new exhaust, because new metal doesn't tend to weld to rust and voids.

Does anyone have any opinion of Autogreen tyres before I get a pair nailed to the front of the Zafira over the weekend?

They are very reasonably priced, the same figures for fuel, noise etc as Avon zv7's and I'm sure I've seen the name on modern car tyres.

Rocking them on the Primera.

they seem alright.

Just a budget brand punted by National, nothing special but not OMFG it’ll kill you either