The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Going to look at this tomorrow. Looks like a real AS darling. Only problemette is that I have never driver or looked closely at a BX. Tips welcome.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Bx-TZD-Turbo-Great-Car-1992-Needs-Radiator/123426701156?hash=item1cbccdff64:g:OFQAAOSwCx5bwhm2:rk:1:pf:0

Inner wings front and rear, boot floor, rear arms (check for leaning rear wheels), rot around the windscreen...and see how quickly or slowly it goes up. If the accumulator ticks it may need looking at, otherwise just make sure the brakes aren't pulsing because it could be a sign it's leaking when you use them.

Oh yeah and door hinges and b pillars. And a pillars.

Going to look at this tomorrow. Looks like a real AS darling. Only problemette is that I have never driver or looked closely at a BX. Tips welcome.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Bx-TZD-Turbo-Great-Car-1992-Needs-Radiator/123426701156?hash=item1cbccdff64:g:OFQAAOSwCx5bwhm2:rk:1:pf:0

it's turbo diesel, so not a common BX,  I'd recommend buying it and worry about other stuff later.

Someone sensible who knows stuff should be along shortly

Seem to recall BX turbo diesel radiators aren't very easy to find. Probably why it's for sale. I'm sure there's a sensible solution though.

Rear subframe mounts is what kills these, but it's not very easy to check there. State of the sills, boot floor and inner front wings can give quite a good clue though.

Seem to recall BX turbo diesel radiators aren't very easy to find. Probably why it's for sale. I'm sure there's a sensible solution though.

Rear subframe mounts is what kills these, but it's not very easy to check there. State of the sills, boot floor and inner front wings can give quite a good clue though.

Like my last CX. It looked great body wise and sills, and on the ground no problems to see. Up in the air on a four post hoist the gap between the body and the rear subframe was over 1cm! Luckily it was the week before the ccc rally in Stratford and so I sold it on quick for parts to roger Bradford.

Sold my most interesting car last weekend.

If I try, I can pretend it is still where it was stored.

Right car, wrong time.

Ultimately I think I'd like a 100e that is at least road worthy. I've just bought her indoors a newer car, and will have the proceeds from hers in the kitty for my next project.

Been to my parents in Kent today. Came back with a few photos, including one of my Samba after it met its fate. I'll be scanning it tomorrow. Not found too many of grandad when he owned his service & MoT station, so that's a photo hunt for a thread I want to start at some point.

Discovered our family's old Chevette (which I thought was P reg but was S) was last on the road in 1994, which is when my Uncle John PXd it against as Mk2 Astra. Wonder if WKJ668S was broken/crushed or is now OMG BARN FIND. Money is on the former....

The M25 was exceptionally shitty today.

The PT Cruiser is gonna have to go soon due to incoming.

In two minds whether to roffle it on here or swing by the PT Facebook group and offer it up there.

It'll be £295 Shiter's discount included (just £9 more than I paid getting it a new ticket two weeks ago) or fiver a ticket, but Ken has first dibs (although not ULEZ friendly so probably not a go-er for him).

Details when Tom sold it http://autoshite.com/topic/29624-ptsd-cruiser-sold-pending-collection/

I'll do a proper advert soon, but if anyone wants a half-decent shed for winter this will serve you well.

A35 has done me proud again this weekend. 350 mile round trip to a baptism down south completed with no dramas.

I was hoping to leave in daylight on Friday but got waylaid with work (err, spending too long looking round at Cheffins auction). Plus as I have been without wife this week to run be over to fetch it, the austin was marooned at the workshop 8 miles away, meaning I had to scoot over there in the Land Rover and swap over first. 

Jump in, shut door. Take in the pleasant aroma of 50s leather and the unpleasant stink of slightly damp carpet. Been a wet week. Fumble with keys, sliver tiny FP key into ignition switch. Ticktickticktiiiiiiiiiicccckckckkk from the SU pump in the boot (performance mod mate). As always it fired into life at first tug of the bakelite starter knob. Overjoyed at fuel gauge, forgot I'd brimmed it earlier in the week. Non-stop run then. 

Zoomed down the A1 and onto the M25 and contemplated my route south from there. Speed vs nostalgia... Nostalgia won out. Through Guildford to Rudgwick; down past the Haven; Five Oaks straight; past college and onto Pulborough and up over the downs. So good I repeated it the other way this morning... and then got stuck on the M25. Never mind.

If by chance you do buy the BX I do have a td radiator. Been messed around 3 times by the alledged buyer now, and fed up of wasting days sat in waiting for him to turn up and then him not bothering to let me know he wasn't. This has been going on for two months now. Today he was due at 12 - 1pm. I messaged him at 2pm, at 8pm he replied saying he' abandoned coming over due to a stretched throttle cable. Well FFS let me know! Yours for £20, its not perfect by any means but was leak free in use.

Filled up the 86.

Quick mpg calculation, 35.

That's not bad considering its been round the red bit on the rev counter a bit, and done a few skids.

Plus it probably does about 4mpg when it's cold, judging by the spitting and farting it does.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Look whose home!

post-20795-0-19559200-1540193964_thumb.jpeg

All washed and cleaned, turns out 2 months worth of workshop dust is quite a bit.

It hasn't even been back home a day and I'm buying bits for it!

post-20795-0-50862200-1540194234_thumb.jpg

Direct from Gumtree, a new passenger wiper arm to replace the incorrect and buggered current one. Only Dollywobbler or myself would notice, but it's the small things that are the most rewarding.

If by chance you do buy the BX I do have a td radiator. Been messed around 3 times by the alledged buyer now, and fed up of wasting days sat in waiting for him to turn up and then him not bothering to let me know he wasn't. This has been going on for two months now. Today he was due at 12 - 1pm. I messaged him at 2pm, at 8pm he replied saying he' abandoned coming over due to a stretched throttle cable. Well FFS let me know! Yours for £20, its not perfect by any means but was leak free in use.

That is very kind of you, thanks. I'll let you know if I buy it.

Nothing exciting, just went for a blast round the lanes in the ML and drove it like an absolute bastard. Lobbed some fuel in and maybe, just maybe, it's not quite as heavy on juice as I originally thought.

Left my phone at home today, which is really unusual for me.

Just got home to wife in absolute hysterics.

IMG_6481.JPG

Fuck.

Bath running all night?

That might look horrendous, but just reassure her that it’s not the end of the world. We had a similar issue in our other house and the tenant was sobbing out an apology. It cost about £390 to fix.

That looks suboptimal from a "Roofings solutions" perspective..

Hope everyone ok, the damage can be fixed

Bath running all night?

That might look horrendous, but just reassure her that it’s not the end of the world. We had a similar issue in our other house and the tenant was sobbing out an apology. It cost about £390 to fix.

We've had problems with the bathroom drainage since we moved here in May; we did note this to the letting agents when we moved in that there was a leak from the bathroom drainage somewhere and the pipes continually backed up. Bear in mind the bath and sink are to the left of that hole, and the shower cubicle & soil stack are to the right, it looks like Bodgit & Scarper put the drain pipes in. The shower trap has a Flexi-pipe going to the main drainage run and had a kink in it, which caused a blockage and it burst. The emergency plumber has made it good so we can at least have showers later today.

All the letting agents have done is sent someone round to give the landlord a quote to stop the leak. Whether this is the landlord not stumping up or the letting agents not pulling their fingers out we've yet to find out.

Mrs D is a bit more calm now thankfully and I've given the letting agents a proper mouthful, as they promised us the leak would have been sorted within the first 3 months - moved in 5 months today and I've been on at them every 2 weeks asking for an update.

Left my phone at home today, which is really unusual for me.

Just got home to wife in absolute hysterics.

attachicon.gifIMG_6481.JPG

Fuck.

Ah, plumbing during one of the great pipeclip famines. Someone also needs a manufacturer's instruction sheet stapling to his knackers to remind them not to mix different makes of plastic supply pipe. (The mix of waste pipes is bad enough but should still work.)

...Whether this is the landlord not stumping up or the letting agents not pulling their fingers out we've yet to find out...

Maybe a combination of both. Does the landlord own several other residential properties, suggesting a slight difficulty keeping on top of all of them? Is the letting agent one of those which pretends to listen to tenant concerns, only to bin them shortly after so that the landlord never gets a chance to even hear about them until too late?