The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Is that a big Wolsey trying to be a packhard ?

64f8ca5f5bf6bbbd8b625400ea95870e.jpg

Bloody hell!!!!!!

Conked out. Had no tools on me as I don’t like to tempt fate by carrying them.

That will show me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry all my tools with me and any spares I have. The theory being if I have them I won’t need them. It’s worked for the last twenty years!

today we has been to the Rover club(s) classic car day at East Kirkby.

we went with the Rover 75 club. but as mine is slightly broken as one of the ball joints is shagged we went with this car instead

attachicon.gifDSCN7748.JPG

we saw this

attachicon.gifDSCN7813.JPG

and this

attachicon.gifDSCN7806.JPG

these flew over head

attachicon.gifDSCN7854.JPG

and so did this (crap picture of a Hurricane.....)

attachicon.gifDSCN7861.JPG

which was much lower than it looks, in the picture it just small, not far away......

there were some cars there too including

attachicon.gifDSCN7776.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7769.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7772.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7773.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7770.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7759.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7752.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7753.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7764.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7766.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7754.JPG

Brilliant selection,there's really something there for everyone.

Other 'stuff' going on in family life meant that I couldn't attend FOTU yesterday and I've spent most of the last week or two driving only the Avensis. Not a good state of affairs when it's the middle of summer and I should be using the older things.

Finally got a few minutes to fit some eBay purchase parts onto the Sunny:

post-79-0-37741300-1531682258_thumb.jpg

Plugs, leads (to replace the originals dated 1987) and an air filter.

post-79-0-80827300-1531682517_thumb.jpg

Even I managed to get them on without breaking anything and it still worked again afterwards. Hopefully it'll give me cleaner starting from cold, it didn't seem to like any dampness.

64f8ca5f5bf6bbbd8b625400ea95870e.jpg

Bloody hell!!!!!!

Conked out. Had no tools on me as I don’t like to tempt fate by carrying them.

That will show me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its blatantly beyond fucked. No point carrying on with it at all. I tell you what I'll give you £300, no £500 for it as I'm feeling generous even though i have no use for it, just trying to help out a fellow shiter in need.

Does anyone know where to get windscreen seal inserts by the metre rather than pre-cut for a specific car?  I need 8 metres, ideally in black rather than chrome.  Also needs to be 8-10mm wide, though I suspect they're all the same width anyway and this measurement doesn't really matter.  I can't reuse what's on the car as it's shrunk and has gone brittle (the seal insert, that is, not the car).

Does anyone know where to get windscreen seal inserts by the metre rather than pre-cut for a specific car? I need 8 metres, ideally in black rather than chrome. Also needs to be 8-10mm wide, though I suspect they're all the same width anyway and this measurement doesn't really matter. I can't reuse what's on the car as it's shrunk and has gone brittle (the seal insert, that is, not the car).

Try woolies trim.

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk

Does anyone know where to get windscreen seal inserts by the metre rather than pre-cut for a specific car?  I need 8 metres, ideally in black rather than chrome.  Also needs to be 8-10mm wide, though I suspect they're all the same width anyway and this measurement doesn't really matter.  I can't reuse what's on the car as it's shrunk and has gone brittle (the seal insert, that is, not the car).

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1801/rubber-extrusion this anything like it?

Project Fusion disposal has begun. First stop Clacket Lane, then Cobham shortly after thanks to the smoothie that went straight through. Traffic heavy until the M3.

Premier Inn at Andover achieved (3 hours in all!), Exeter and then St Ives tomorrow....

Revel in the beauty of England...

post-20084-0-73750700-1531687100_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-48369100-1531687144_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-80136000-1531687183_thumb.jpg

I think this is the one I want: https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1763/chrome-screen-insert Can't believe I didn't think to check Woolies on this one.  I can't find another they do that's flat-backed, there's nowhere for a pointed-back to go in the seals I've got and I don't think it'll compress enough to work if I tried.  About £30 posted, plus whatever the fitting tool costs, which isn't too bad.

I could fit the stainless over-trim that fits in the same slot (salvaged from a series 1 car), they look nice, but nobody seems to know what tool I need to fit it with and it's of a design that trying to do it with screwdrivers or whatever isn't going to work.

Here perhaps..............

https://www.segalmotortrimmings.net/

I must be getting to like the Merc. I have started to worry about it so I must be! I was having a panic earlier about play in the steering near full lock (they all do that sir!) and then worried about the gearbox going into reverse as it seems to pause for about 1 tenth of a second before doing as requested. I hate me, when I don't care about cars, I relax and just drive the sods, then when I do like them, I worry needlessly about trivial things and get all worked up!

Polished it yesterday, it does come up most pleasingly )

Angyl - "Claytonrite" is the keyword you need. The locking strip comes in 3 sizes (bottom of the page):

https://www.par-group.co.uk/rubber-and-polyurethane/rubber-extrusions-and-profiles/rubber-window-seals/

You are looking for something like this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLAYTONRITE-RUBBER-CHROME-FILLER-LOCKING-INSERT-PER-METRE-CHEAP-/171827135014

Should be able to get it in black. If in doubt, ask for a sample. http://www.rejel.com/cr01m/

Angyl - "Claytonrite" is the keyword you need. The locking strip comes in 3 sizes (bottom of the page):

I don't know that it is. They all have a pointed back to them and I'm pretty sure that won't fit in my window seal which has no accomodation for the point. The trim that's fitted is flat on the back, as is the slot it goes into. Good to know the name of the stuff for future reference at any rate.

Twiggy:  Unless i'm being blind (quite possible) I can't see any windscreen insert pieces on that site.  Plenty of other useful bits, mind, none of which I need at the moment.

This was the part I thought would be helpful:

https://www.segalmotortrimmings.net/index.php/rubber_sections/?k=:14::

Seem to have loads of it. Apologies if I`ve got it wrong !

Twiggy:  Took me a moment to figure out what the link was, it was throwing me to a generic page.  Same issue as the stuff Eddie linked in that it has that point on the back that's not compatible with my seal.  The Princess window seals are annoyingly specific and one of the few things they didn't parts bin.

Guest Hooli

Well I've done what I said I'd never do....I've joined a union.

After three plus years of my bosses ignoring my attempts to get paid for the job I do & the HR dept here ignoring my requests to lodge an official grievance I've run out of other options. I still disagree with most of what this union stands for, as most of their ideas are bloody stupid but if it gets me the correct money I'll stay a member till the process is complete.