The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

He really loved it and was gutted when some yuppie prick in a 911 wrote it off. He looked for a Firenza after that, but never found a decent affordable one.

Loved mine as well. On an S plate, if I remember, which would have been a 78.

Sadly I don't remember what happened to it. Like a lot of vehicles I've had. 

Well, you can't remember them all, can you ?

Edit; Paid £150 for it.

Took on a street dog as a foster last week

She turned up in a nearby village a couple of months ago,then a friend started feeding her when the cold set in

Ended up getting her into a barn when it really got cold where she found the pup had a prong collar on

This had gone right into her neck and needed cutting off at the vets

We've taken her as a short term foster whilst she recovers,and get her built up a bit

She's doing well,fitted into the pack so far and is either an unclaimed escapee or been dumped

post-8026-0-35496200-1520720797_thumb.jpeg

post-8026-0-00892000-1520720831_thumb.png

post-8026-0-02276900-1520720847_thumb.png

post-8026-0-89538000-1520720867_thumb.png

post-8026-0-18490100-1520720888_thumb.png

post-8026-0-34065500-1520720910_thumb.png

A reminder to drivers to think carefully before driving when it is icy, snow lies on the ground and you live on a hill and at the bottom of said hill, you need to make a hard right turn. This is what can happen. If conditions are really bad, call in and take the day off. It is less stressful for all concerned.

post-20535-0-21216500-1520724177_thumb.jpg

post-20535-0-50771900-1520724198_thumb.jpg

post-20535-0-66731100-1520724235_thumb.jpg

post-20535-0-23137300-1520724259_thumb.jpg

Just in from a wee drive. Lad starts a new live in job on Monday, so I agreed to take him and his stuff along and drop him off...in Newquay.

F*ck me it's a long way without getting a holiday in between, 580 miles each way,  26 hours. Vito never missed a beat though, and saved me from having to pay fortunes in the services for coffee, F8ck 'em, just used their stinky toilets and left again

Off to bed now,work tomorrow.

post-62-0-62776900-1520792960_thumb.jpg

My grandparents had two alsations and one was a dick to the other, always grabbing her by the neck, so they got one of these collars and put it on inside out with the spikes outwards....he soon learned the lesson. Quite what purpose they serve the "correct" way I dont know. There is some random dopey as fuck boxer type of thing that sometimes turns up in the village every now and then... no idea where it comes from but it always has one of these collars on.

Thought I'd better try and start the KIA seeing as it is off to pastures new. Bit worried as it has been sat for a couple of months, covered in snow and ice. Pressed the fob, alarm works and doors unlock, put key in ignition, turn it expecting a solid 'click' but am surprised by sounds of engine turning over briefly before roaring into life (exhaust blows :)  ).

May have to blow the tyres up....

If it does get written off, I'll try and buy it back. After owning it for over 6 years, I've got rather attached to it. Hopefully the crash beam has taken the full force. Won't look a lot I guess as the bumper is plastic and flexible, so hide any damage underneath.

Claim now on going. Car will be picked up this week. Hire car coming shortly too - from Thrifty. Directline say they guarantee that the car will be fixed, repaired and back to me in 7 days. My suspicion is that it means that it'll get written off. :(

Bumper plastic is damaged, so going to need a new bumper. Not sure what it's like underneath - I suspect the crash beam is bent. The boot opens but doesn't shut without slamming really hard. Metal bent underneath which can be bent back however I suspect they'll quote replace the whole tailgate.

I would like to buy it back if it does. However Mrs SiC is already making noises about changing it. Something about she didn't want a car that has been in a bang ... And "ooo, we could get another MX5 again? :) :) ". Didn't help that I sent a Mustang to her jokingly last week and she quite liked the idea. Eeek. That'll teach me. Not that I wouldn't reject the idea of one, just they're really not cheap...

how are you feeling?

Alright right now. A bit stiff but could be just the stress of everything going on. Mrs SiC is starting to feel the pain now though.

My sister told us yesterday morning that she's pregnant (so both are) which is great news. However with the trouble we've had, Mrs SiC found it hard.

Life is a right shit at times.

She turned up in a nearby village a couple of months ago,then a friend started feeding her when the cold set in

Ended up getting her into a barn when it really got cold where she found the pup had a prong collar on

We've taken her as a short term foster whilst she recovers,and get her built up a bit

She's doing well,fitted into the pack so far and is either an unclaimed escapee or been dumped

Who the hell would put that on a dog?

I fucking hate those collars, poor little girl, the people who put those on need a damn good beating, at least she's found someone caring to help her now

Can see what you mean regarding condition now....

Great to meet you by the way!

Likewise!

Yep, no comparison really.  Poor old Puggy (the previous owner's name for it) has had a bit of a hard life, bless it.

Spotted another spec difference on the way home - the Sceptre has intermittent wipers, the Mardi Gras doesn't.

Looks like a puggery club is growing here. Not sure if I'm happy about being at the hairdressers end, I preferred having the early 'one oil for everything' model which was my first 205. I then had a 4 door GT (1.4 carb and a delight) followed by a diesel (not such a delight as heavier engine makes steering stodgy) which I sold here for £99 a few years ago. Cost me 120, so cheap motoring. That might change with 1.9 + slush box though.

Indeed it is. The drive back yesterday reminded me how stupidly low geared these things really are. Cruising gate is about 55-60 with the IFA VW 1.3 engine positively revving its little pistons off. Any faster and permanent hearing loss is probably a done thing.

In true Wartburg tradition, it has repayed being wrenched from its easy life down south to being driven many noisy miles back to chez FPB7 by locking the rear doors fast so, along with the non-functioning sunroof, these will be among the first things on the 'list' to do. A yawning chasm of a flat spot/misfire, will be cured by a good going through the oily bits. Luckily these are 1.3 Polo bits and fairly cheap. Other major bits (engine mountings, body mountings etc) are fairly easily obtained from Germany and fairly cheap too.

All in all, I'm well chuffed!