The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Today started well :(

Had a message about 20 minutes ago, I'm very sorry to say that Hendry of this parish took his own life yesterday evening at the age of 30.

Some of his more recent struggles were documented on here, none of which were good - I can only hope he is now at peace.

I did have the pleasure of meeting him a few times and a nicer bloke you could not hope to meet.

All of you - it is never as bad as you think. PLEASE talk to someone if you're having a time of it, it will help.

R.I.P. Greg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is horrible, So so sad to read. I never met the chap but is posts always interested me. What a crying shame. RIP pal, you will be missed  :-(

Man that's utterly horrible to hear. A nice guy that was suffering. Like many of us, he suffered from depression but it got the better of him this time. :(

Unfortunately it's the biggest single killer of men our age. There really isn't enough accessible support for it.

So sad. RIP Greg Hendry.

Fuck. Dreadful, dreadful news. Spoke to him privately a couple of times.

Seemed close to his Dad, too. Imagine how they must be feeling.

His younger sister passed away suddenly at the age of 24 about three years ago. Can't imagine what his folks are going through.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ah fuck. Thoughts with family. I can relate to his issues though,not seeing my son for years due to ex causing issues, anxiety and depression. I am pulling myself out of that hole but sadly the cross can be too heavy for some folk to carry. I never met him but he seemed sound enough on here. Drive safe up there buddy.

That's pretty sobering news right there, and not an isolated case either - second such instance I've seen this year of a young man deciding it's all too much. Remember, you are not alone, even if you think you are, and if you think 'oh, no-one will miss me.' you couldn't be more wrong. I didn't even know the man, and I'm feeling knocked for six.

Very sad,he was on here at 5pm yesterday as well.Though i can fully understand why he felt that was the answer,ive come close a couple of times in the last year,and not doing too well at keeping the thoughts away at the moment either,there is very little anyone can say or do that will pull you out of that spiral im afraid.

Bloody hell. Just twigged on when a mention was made of sending a floral tribute on the forum funding thread.

Desperately saddening news - as already mentioned, Hendry was an absolute one-off. The level of knowledge he brought to the forum on a few obscure and arcane topics were unsurpassed. Seemed like a genuinely nice chap and while he had posted extensively about the ongoing issues in his personal life, it's heartbreaking that he felt unable to find a way through.

This place, and the wider world, is poorer without him. And the same applies to anyone feeling that they've nowhere to turn. Not seeing any other option doesn't mean that there is no other option - which is why talking, connecting, being open with each other about how we're feeling is so important. Another perspective can help to change a seemingly impossible situation for the better. It's got to be worth trying.

I've no great wisdom, so I'll shut up now, but my sincere condolences to Greg's family and those who knew him well. Gone far, far too soon.

That is really shocking. 

He will be sadly missed - as stated above he seemed to be going through the mill with his baby. He obviously felt as if he could share on here and that people would listen to him. 

I am sure we can sort something out for the funeral.