The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Stock car almost finished, just needs sign writing.

Start it up............no.......no spark. Change Coil pack..no. Change flywheel sensor..no.

Take ECU and loom to my mates, put this on your car see if it works... "Can't starters knackered.

I'll take my loom and ECU off, go and try it on yours."

Thanks.....Brumm, Brumm.

It was the loom at fault, £70. Could have been worse ECU is £400.

Suspect wire broken inside plug, but not supposed to mess with them because rules.

Ordered loom, just got to take his back now, 1 hr each way.

What ignition system are you running on them?

Earlier this month I realised I hadn't taxed my Jag......and only because the insurance came up. Taxed it online about 10 days late.

Got a Last Chance letter today on my Rover......was due 1Feb......taxed it online.

Thought I better check Chevy although clearly remember doing it........was untaxed, due 1 August. Taxed it online but this time it warned I may hear from their enforcement section........

I fail at admin

Or just abandon the whole rfl thing altogether and whack a few pence on a litre of fuel.

That way nobody can avoid it, forget it, or have direct debit problems. Plus it would save the Government millions in costs. Drive lots of miles? Pay more. Nip to the shops and back once a week? Pay a lot less.

Seems fair to me

The Aero hit the 175,000 mile mark this evening, 20,000 of those miles being mine. So far, so good ^^

I also took delivery of the c. late 1970s Allied Polymer "Hot Wash" thingy I acquired on eBay after Junkman linked its auction on the 'giffer trinkets' thread:

post-4796-0-69779800-1519071206_thumb.jpg

As new, with a high quality feel, it will go well in The Volvo. Wait a minute...

post-4796-0-60314700-1519071660_thumb.jpg

Arse! Ironically, immediately before I saw the above warning, I was joking with my work colleagues that it probably wouldn't fit Volvos  :roll:

I wonder why it's not suitable for Volvos? As its manufacturer no longer exists, I can't get the reason why from them, so does anyone here know? I think I'll bung it on anyway, as The Volvo is not your average Volvo by any means and I have a brand new lower heater hose for it (which I found in the back of The Wentworth when I first bought it), just in case I wreck the car's existing one trying to fit it  8)

That's what they say, mainly used for advertising purposes and large numbers.

We do actually have a few sponsors this year which should pay for the sign writing.

When colour scheme was mentioned, Grand daughter age 5 said  "That will look ridiculous."

We think she may have been right. Might look better later with numbers on?

Would blend better with Blue or Yellow Aerofoil, but Reds the place to be.

Wait, does that mean in other years the advertising doesn't cover the costs of sign-writing the car?

I raced 40 years, won once, never had a sponsor. Edit, won twice and a few Auto grass.

My son drives now. He is a little* better than me, and has me as full time unpaid mechanic.

Wins a few times a year, allways there or thereabouts. You have to be good, and have the luck at times.

He has raced 26 years boy to man, only in the last two years has he had enough sponsors to fill the car panels.

Many sponsors pay in kind, pest controller for example, handy for mice and ants.

This is probably the first year that sponsors cover sign writing costs. 

Anyone wants an ad, the back panel may be empty and all the other drivers see it :)

Anyone up for a group sponsorship to have Autoshite printed on the side? :D

Sides are paid for at £200 each.

One sides a car trader, he wont want it, others a scrapyard so we don't want it with that.

Can we blow an autoshite sticker up a bit bigger and make it sticky on the back?

I might be able to sneak it on the Aerofoil when my lads not looking.

Something felt a little less than round today...

39466791885_8c06c8b4d9_b.jpg

Something felt lumpy in the front end... by Matt S, on Flickr

Bought a set part worn just before Christmas because to hell with spending £200 two/three weeks before Christmas. Were fine at the time but didn't spot that they were made week 48 of 2009... Naturally my spare is flat AND my sodding 12v pump popped it's fuse as soon as I switched it on.

I sold the XM last night. I'm sad and I will miss it but it barely moved since its MOT in August, and it really wanted someone with the time to paint it and sort the fiddly bits.

It was a great car and I had fun with it. Happily though its went to live with the brother in law of a close friend and he seems just as in to it as I was. He owns a P38 V8 as well so definitely has the credentials to fit in well here, I'll encourage him to take a peek in.....

We are now down to 1 car from 5........there is a w203 shaped itch to be scratched which obviously is more shit than shite and I'll have to suffer the embarrassment of being the guy who replaced an XM with a rusty merc.... 6f5a6cf5339d3e589a8942feccfa2f9e.jpg

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I know a way to get that blue top back.

Was Blue, only got Red back by winning final at B Vue next to last meeting. (won heat as well).

Not raced much 2017, did drive for Bingley for a while, due to lack of funds.

Other son borrowed car for last B Vue and led that final until the last lap.

Was Red all year 2016, raced every shale, that's very difficult racing shale meetings only.

I have just done some 'tarting up' on the Mazda. Re-painted the disc bells and claipers and then attacked the window surround on the drivers door which was going rusty (spotty). Rubbed it down and then painted it black again. Looks a million times better for 45 minutes work. Of course, I am now knackered!