The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I have discovered a contender for the most giffer repair/bodge award whist trying to replace the Lucas smoke in my headlights:

a415f6d492151c82ceb3e377d71b8f0c.jpg

Yes, that's a golf tee plugging the pipe between the washer bottle and the headlight washers, no wonder they don't work!

I have discovered a contender for the most giffer repair/bodge award whist trying to replace the Lucas smoke in my headlights:

a415f6d492151c82ceb3e377d71b8f0c.jpg

Yes, that's a golf tee plugging the pipe between the washer bottle and the headlight washers, no wonder they don't work!

Maybe the previous owner discovered a hole in one?

I think I want a car that doesn't exist.

I'd like a van big enough to carry a motorcycle with room to spare, but also be able to carry 5 people if required. But in people carrying mode it would need to be comfortable and car like. Thus ruling out transits with extra seats.

Factory vivaro crew cabs are quite nice inside but the solid bulkhead means not enough length for a motorcycle

I detest people carriers. Been there done that and to be honest most of them aren't really big enough to do the motorcycle thing without hassle.

I hate to say vw transporters are probably a good shout and they are sort of socially acceptable most places where real vans just aren't. But thankfully they are stupidly expensive for what they are.

Nothing I've mentioned thus far would qualify as shite either (read interesting or different)

About the only thing I can think of would be a Citroën synergie /pugnot 806

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I'd like a van big enough to carry a motorcycle with room to spare, but also be able to carry 5 people if required. But in people carrying mode it would need to be comfortable and car like. Thus ruling out transits with extra seats.

Factory vivaro crew cabs are quite nice inside but the solid bulkhead means not enough length for a motorcycle

I detest people carriers. Been there done that and to be honest most of them aren't really big enough to do the motorcycle thing without hassle.

I hate to say vw transporters are probably a good shout and they are sort of socially acceptable most places where real vans just aren't. But thankfully they are stupidly expensive for what they are.

Nothing I've mentioned thus far would qualify as shite either (read interesting or different)

I have got an 806 and you can fit a cb125 in the back and I have had loads of mopeds and scooters in there, but it was not easy to get a 125 Peugeot Elyseo in it. I did once get a 750 Honda in there but that was without a fairing and filled the back. Other than that 806's are ace and just go on and on mine hit 255,000 miles today.

Would a Poojoe Expert Teepee fit a motorbike in with the seats out/folded up? Must be close to having enough room.

Grand Voyager.

(Sorry, but you did ask.)

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

We have a Ford Tourneo at work.  It is very comfortable with air con, cruise control, heated velour seats etc and with the back row of seats out the boot is huge.  You would definitely get a small bike in but probably not a Harley Dismalson.

It's currently for sale but I can't remember how much.

post-4555-0-00780700-1518042456_thumb.jpg

It has lost the stickers and hubcaps but gained a towbar since I took this.  About 85k on the clock.

We had a Nissan Serena 2.0 glx (Japanese import) and with the seats out of the back I have had three full size trail bikes in it, at the same time had a trailer on the back with another three!

Also had a Honda Blackbird in there when a mate broke down on an MOT (oil filter had rusted through!) and never found anything it couldn't take. Also, it was fun to drive, quiet, fast(ish) and totally reliable even though it got abused constantly and had nothing other than oil changes in about 4 years.

It is definitely Autoshite as about desirable as syphallis but bloody good none the less. Oh, bought it for £1200 and sold it 4 years later for .... £1200.

Even though it had a dent in the rear quarter panel after a trials bike fell on to it, handlebar end first and the rear air con no longer worked... fron A/C still did though :)

We have a Ford Tourneo at work. It is very comfortable with air con, cruise control, heated velour seats etc and with the back row of seats out the boot is huge. You would definitely get a small bike in but probably not a Harley Dismalson.

attachicon.gif265.jpg

It has lost the stickers and hubcaps but gained a towbar since I took this. About 85k on the clock.

I actually quite like these. I'm not in the market right now just doing my usual pondering......

How are these rust wise compared to the van version? They always look a bit tidier

We had a Nissan Serena 2.0 glx (Japanese import) and with the seats out of the back I have had three full size trail bikes in it, at the same time had a trailer on the back with another three!

Also had a Honda Blackbird in there when a mate broke down on an MOT (oil filter had rusted through!) and never found anything it couldn't take. Also, it was fun to drive, quiet, fast(ish) and totally reliable even though it got abused constantly and had nothing other than oil changes in about 4 years.

It is definitely Autoshite as about desirable as syphallis but bloody good none the less. Oh, bought it for £1200 and sold it 4 years later for .... £1200.

Even though it had a dent in the rear quarter panel after a trials bike fell on to it, handlebar end first and the rear air con no longer worked... fron A/C still did though :)

Serena did cross my mind as essentially a van with windows....

had van version.. felt like gonna fall over on corners

We have a Ford Tourneo at work. It is very comfortable with air con, cruise control, heated velour seats etc and with the back row of seats out the boot is huge. You would definitely get a small bike in but probably not a Harley Dismalson.

265.jpg

It has lost the stickers and hubcaps but gained a towbar since I took this. About 85k on the clock.

I used to drive one like that when I worked at the mental hospital, it took a beating it stunk of piss and the brake pad once departed in donnington and drove it to the services with no brakes slowing on the handbrake

post-4828-0-02598500-1518085245_thumb.jpg

Yes rear suspension was quite interesting: I 'think' it had a rear spring made out of something exotic (plastic?) Handled fine and with no load and no rear seats (8 seater) it was quite sprightly and could be thrown around happily. I'd have another even though everyone says they are utter crap.

Also 'think' it was a twin cam motor, certainly had some guts and not horrendeous on fuel (petrol).

In fairness to my lack of sure knowledge, it was sold a few years ago now and I didn;t take that much notice of it when it was parked outside!