The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Mr-Wiper on Ebay has sold 37000000000 wipers and yet he's sent me a blade for the Juke which just isn't right. The U shape at the end of the wiper arm is designed for a much fatter clip then the bosch one he sent.  That's okay he says. Keep that we'll send you a replacement.

Yeah. But now I have 2 wipers of the 13 inch variety which don't fit.

He says he'll refund, and I don't need to bother returning them. It's not the money I care about. It's the fact that all your stock is clearly wrong.

Would it have been too much to find a juke, and have a look at the wiper arm, and work out which blade would fit?

Been chatting classic cars with a colleague who has an old Beetle. Subject turns towards Citroens. He told me that in the 70s (?) his parents owned a rotary engined one!!! I said that it must have been a GS and that (I think) Citroen bougjt most of them back because of an engine fault.

Very impressed. :)

Been chatting classic cars with a colleague who has an old Beetle. Subject turns towards Citroens. He told me that in the 70s (?) his parents owned a rotary engined one!!! I said that it must have been a GS and that (I think) Citroen bougjt most of them back because of an engine fault.

Very impressed. :)

Could have been an M35. Both were leased to trusted customers for a time, before they called them all back in and scrapped most of them.

Mr-Wiper on Ebay has sold 37000000000 wipers and yet he's sent me a blade for the Juke which just isn't right. The U shape at the end of the wiper arm is designed for a much fatter clip then the bosch one he sent.  That's okay he says. Keep that we'll send you a replacement.

Yeah. But now I have 2 wipers of the 13 inch variety which don't fit.

He says he'll refund, and I don't need to bother returning them. It's not the money I care about. It's the fact that all your stock is clearly wrong.

Would it have been too much to find a juke, and have a look at the wiper arm, and work out which blade would fit?

Look on the bright side: you can flog the incorrect one on eBay now that the seller has told you to keep it.....

Speaking of old rare Citreons,this popped onto my page this morning

Rare old things,and the only ever made in black it's claimed

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2029489167325677&id=1562712050670060

Oh my god its beautiful and rare as fook I love these group b homologation cars they just look as nutty as squirrel shit I think its great that the 4tc kept the hydronumatic suspension, its just a shame they were a flop, they definately made white ones as well

Here's a couple in action

https://youtu.be/SNNQjwMC8jE

Oh my god its beautiful and rare as fook I love these group b homologation cars they just look as nutty as squirrel shit I think its great that the 4tc kept the hydronumatic suspension, its just a shame they were a flop, they definately made white ones as well

Here's a couple in action

https://youtu.be/SNNQjwMC8jE

You really need to get to Race Retro this year

They've just posted up the entry list and there's some epic stuff

Miki Biasion is guest driving the year in his old Integrale

And a Pair of genuine RS1700T's will be there

A Tesla Roadster is going into space    :-D  :-D  in a bit...  http://www.spacex.com/webcast

I bet they took the batteries out !

Trump will tweet no doubt , that it 's down to him if its successful

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I know they need to send a test payload etc since even their own boffins are unsure it wont go all explodey so they cant sent a proper probe or satellite but Musk is a fucking genius with this move....Just look at that photo, man...how cool is that? Im not a fanboy of his, but he is brilliant at marketing and building hype and generating investment...if this big firecracker works....oh man, all he needs is a few seconds of footage of that car in space, get his marketing and media beards on the case and he will likely roll out the most epic car commercial in the history of mankind.

I really, really hope it works.

Likewise, I'll be tuning in to watch the launch.

The last take off stunt was timed perfectly to generate a huge plasma type shield effect and got people calling the police about ufo sightings.

https://goo.gl/images/KsgZkp

If he wasn’t a billionaire he’d be certified-rich people are just eccentric. I’m waiting for the Boring company to sell light sabres with real lasers!

Was following a Mk2 Renault Clio home today and thought it looked a bit strange as we went around a corner.  On a straight stretch of road it still looked like it was going around a corner.  I guess that's what a crabbing Clio looks like.  Looked a bit of a handful in a straight line, the back end seemed to keep trying to go right as the front was going straight on.  Was pretty hypnotic to watch, I wonder what on earth was wrong with it to cause that?

Was following a Mk2 Renault Clio home today and thought it looked a bit strange as we went around a corner.  On a straight stretch of road it still looked like it was going around a corner.  I guess that's what a crabbing Clio looks like.  Looked a bit of a handful in a straight line, the back end seemed to keep trying to go right as the front was going straight on.  Was pretty hypnotic to watch, I wonder what on earth was wrong with it to cause that?

Rear end no longer welded to the body?

Have you ever followed the 1100?

Last week, I had a buyer lined up for my RAV4. He and his wife already had a 5 door and wanted mine - a 3 door, for their daughter.

He'd made me an offer that was very fair given that the MOT is relatively short.

This has now gone wrong because my 10 year old son has had actual tears at the prospect of the RAV going.

I've caved in and promised that it will stay. Great.

Heads up that the live stream is now up and running :)

Mind blowing that they also intend to land the 3 cores used to launch the rocket - including one on a "droneship" in the middle of the Atlantic.

This live coverage seems like a film to me, so futuristic & polished.

The spent boosters landing in perfect sync is so incredible on so many levels, that was amazing to watch.  Only question remaining is what happened to the centre section on the drone ship!