The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Well the car exchange went nicely, The Rover 75 swapped for the very white Rover 416. I left Lytham St Annes at silly O clock on Sunday (0500 hours) and headed south to that there London. Traffic was unsurprisingly light and the Rover 75 was well behaved and comfortable. London was achieved mid morning after a few comfort breaks. A rough calculation showed that the 75 was doing well on fuel. (38mpg).

After meeting PBK of this place the swap commenced. Although I messed up starting the Rover 416 by flooding it. (Don't press the accelerator pedal, it floods the engine)

Not much else to report really. The journey back was uneventful and pleasant. The 416 was filled with £30 of pez in London and home was achieved with a quarter of a tank left. So roughly 40 mpg was achieved. Nice!

IMHO the 1990's were the pinnacle of car development. The Rover R8 has everything it needs and nothing it doesn't.

Verdict. Am happy.

Thanks Ken. I hope the Rover 75 does you proud.

Well the car exchange went nicely, The Rover 75 swapped for the very white Rover 416. I left Lytham St Annes at silly O clock on Sunday (0500 hours) and headed south to that there London. Traffic was unsurprisingly light and the Rover 75 was well behaved and comfortable. London was achieved mid morning after a few comfort breaks. A rough calculation showed that the 75 was doing well on fuel. (38mpg).

After meeting PBK of this place the swap commenced. Although I messed up starting the Rover 416 by flooding it. (Don't press the accelerator pedal, it floods the engine)

Not much else to report really. The journey back was uneventful and pleasant. The 416 was filled with £30 of pez in London and home was achieved with a quarter of a tank left. So roughly 40 mpg was achieved. Nice!

IMHO the 1990's were the pinnacle of car development. The Rover R8 has everything it needs and nothing it doesn't.

Verdict. Am happy.

Thanks Ken. I hope the Rover 75 does you proud.

Here's hoping Ken manages to keep this one,and not fall prey to another Fiat/Alfa/Vw/Daf...(delete as applicable)

Again I can offer a set of Rover 214 rubber mats if you want

Just need collecting from Shrewsbury

He is our first aye... we were more or less told we'd never conceive naturally but this little bugger proved otherwise.

I'm home and flying at 40,000 feet, mum and baby still in hospital... hoping to have them home tomorrow :)ef03fa1295f96217a393a22bfda27b5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Congrats mate! Took us years to conceive and have 3 now!  Well done! Hope are both well!

Here's hoping Ken manages to keep this one,and not fall prey to another Fiat/Alfa/Vw/Daf...(delete as applicable)

Again I can offer a set of Rover 214 rubber mats if you want

Just need collecting from Shrewsbury

Also adding on that, I have a set of wheel trims for an R8 available (although the 45 alloys didn't look that bad on it).

It now turns out, having got his address, that the traction seller lives in streatham. I blame my deaf friend! Going to look on Saturday morning with overalls and trolley jacks! Maybe a purchase thread, but "pinch 6cyls Range Rover and trailer and drive 30miles" isn't very exciting , so could be pick up mechanic drive thirty miles and he drives it back to his workshop.

Anyone want to buy an excellent 2cv?

A friend (son of a '70's car salesman), has just revealed that they have (somewhere) at home a BL promotional tape measure from the launch of the Allegro.

It's round and has the 'o' from an Allegro badge at the centre.

Pic for AS requested.

A couple of pics of the aforementioned BL promotional items arrived in my inbox today.

post-4930-0-15379100-1510864603_thumb.jpg

post-4930-0-52980200-1510864612_thumb.jpg

It now turns out, having got his address, that the traction seller lives in streatham. I blame my deaf friend! Going to look on Saturday morning with overalls and trolley jacks! Maybe a purchase thread, but "pinch 6cyls Range Rover and trailer and drive 30miles" isn't very exciting , so could be pick up mechanic drive thirty miles and he drives it back to his workshop.

There have been times with my Range Rover!

post-4787-0-66878900-1510864688_thumb.jpg

A friend asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy their Impreza wrx. It’s the later 2004 wagon , they’ve owned it 10 years, 100 k , 1yrs mot regularly serviced etc .

I told them it was probably worth maybe 3200.

I was going to stick an advert up for it in the moderns section but thought I’d look at the mot history. Fuck a duck I’ve never seen as many advisories on an mot in my life. Decided not to bother with the advert .

Anyone want to buy an excellent 2cv?

hnnnng

would have to wait till easter :D

anyone want a rarely drunk non snoking kidney :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-forgets-park-car-finds-20-years-later-frankfurt-a8058416.html

post-5335-0-98342100-1510946014_thumb.jpg

The longest I've ever lost a car is a minute when I forgot which part of a large car park I'd parked in.  20 years tops that by some margin.

Found this in the scrappy today. Too late to rescue it sadly.

38428923686_91f19f61b3_b.jpg

1990 Renault 19 Chamade GTS (1) by Matt S, on Flickr

38484665011_85cbd7669d_b.jpg

1990 Renault 19 Chamade GTS (3) by Matt S, on Flickr

38453092342_d12cc5ff6d_b.jpg

1990 Renault 19 Chamade GTS (2) by Matt S, on Flickr

These too.

38453099392_1dbeb7ff40_b.jpg

1997 Fiat Fiorino 1.7 TD by Matt S, on Flickr

38428991956_fe186f2fc7_b.jpg

Bedford CF Dormobile Landcruiser (1) by Matt S, on Flickr