The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Following on from yesterday's maintenance, I had a motorway run today, temp stayed a lot more stable and lower than before.

Heater is still toasty (had it on the dry out the floor), screen is still leaking :(

The light throttle uphill pinking I've been struggling with appears to have gone as well (fingers crossed, touch wood etc)

Anybody interested if I start a thread on running a 33 year old mk2 transit as my work transport?

Vectra shenanigans -

post-4771-0-29912200-1505826319_thumb.jpg

The cause of not enough boost. Split in sevreral places. The temporary repair with the glue gun failed - the glue melted and fell off. Lots of RTV gasket goo and tape was used in this production.

post-4771-0-46859800-1505826474_thumb.jpg

Cleaned throttle body as well. Put dielectric grease in injector multiplugs.

Car runs much better and has just done a regen - you could see the heat haze under the car.

Vectra shenanigans -

post-4771-0-29912200-1505826319_thumb.jpg

The cause of not enough boost. Split in sevreral places. The temporary repair with the glue gun failed - the glue melted and fell off. Lots of RTV gasket goo and tape was used in this production.

post-4771-0-46859800-1505826474_thumb.jpg

Cleaned throttle body as well. Put dielectric grease in injector multiplugs.

Car runs much better and has just done a regen - you could see the heat haze under the car.

Following on from yesterday's maintenance, I had a motorway run today, temp stayed a lot more stable and lower than before.

Heater is still toasty (had it on the dry out the floor), screen is still leaking :(

The light throttle uphill pinking I've been struggling with appears to have gone as well (fingers crossed, touch wood etc)

Anybody interested if I start a thread on running a 33 year old mk2 transit as my work transport?

Make it so!

There's a guy not far from me using an orange LWB 3.5 ton van one as his daily. It's rather well worn though!

Plenty. But you can't see my posts because you hid me about 3 months ago.

Oh.

Yes, I did. Temporarily, as I do with everyone.

Seems that you still have sand in your vagina about a comment I made during the Breadvan/DaveB forum implosion where you assumed and infered that I was talking about you despite me specifically not naming names. You chose to make that assumption, remember.

Anyway, if you have something to say, say it to my fucking face and knock off the subtle (and not so subtle) digs you have been posting over the last few months like a whiny little schoolgirl.

Haven't time to do a full update so here's a quick note:  Bought a 33mm socket for the steering wheel nut, removed the stalks and now the Princess has stopped making burning electric smells when running.  I guess you guys were right and it is something amiss with the indicator stalk.  Still doesn't make sense to me buy heyho, electrics never do.

The correct answer, figuring shortly after the correct answer of 'Yes, I want to buy that CX Tissier to fetch the shopping from Carrefour'.

And a Carmichael 6x6 Range Rover fire tender just in case all the other cars catch on fire. 6 wheels instantly makes any car cooler. In fact I dare anyone to suggest a rubbish 6 wheeler.

And a Carmichael 6x6 Range Rover fire tender just in case all the other cars catch on fire. 6 wheels instantly makes any car cooler. In fact I dare anyone to suggest a rubbish 6 wheeler.

Even that bus in The Italian Job, while objectively it is a fairly shit bus that sold 3 or something, is made unfeasibly splendid by having 3 axles.

Ah Bollocks. ..

Was it holding something important?

Haven't time to do a full update so here's a quick note: Bought a 33mm socket for the steering wheel nut, removed the stalks and now the Princess has stopped making burning electric smells when running. I guess you guys were right and it is something amiss with the indicator stalk. Still doesn't make sense to me buy heyho, electrics never do.

Once disassembled it may do. Glad you've got it fixed, especially without having to remove the whole dash.

Sorry still would.

That has to be the definition of decadence: take an example of the west's shortest two seat whateverthecategorysmartcarsfallinto and weld the rear of another one of its kind on to the back because it wasn't long enough to start with. And the extra load space is open to the elements, making it extra useless except for ooh, I don't know, bringing expensive saplings home from the garden centre. Some people have too much time and welding wire on their hands.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Haven't time to do a full update so here's a quick note: Bought a 33mm socket for the steering wheel nut, removed the stalks and now the Princess has stopped making burning electric smells when running. I guess you guys were right and it is something amiss with the indicator stalk. Still doesn't make sense to me buy heyho, electrics never do.

When the boat paint blue Allegro decided to go all Lucasy in Austria it was because the switch had scratched a groove in the plastic inside and that was allowing the current to flow in weird directions.

I think the main beam flash is always live so if that was the source it could explain it.