The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I drove my 305 automatic to work in the snow this morning because I was late. STYLE ET LUXE. 

Filling_Station_Shot.jpg

(there wasn't much snow this morning and this is a filling station shot). 

You just couldn't stay away, could you? Even though it does your skull in, you couldn't ignore the sirenian call of the beige page...

category3_family_85_large.jpg

Well i had a fun night on the motorways last night. Big thanks to kent council for appearing not to have gritted any of the slip roads off the m20 and m2. Got stuck on the exit slip of m2 junction 3 in an empty wagon and drag. Traction control refused to let any power go to the wheels meaning if you tried to pull away you rolled backwards, bloody auto's! Traction control off, diff locks in and managed to wheel spin my way through the ice up the ramps. Then got stuck again going round the island at the top. horrendous queues due to the trucks, cars and motorbikes that were all stuck there. Then got to my factory and found everyone gone home, all the roads solid with snow and my drop boxes at the bottom of a long downhill ramp, just wonderful. Ended up using the yard shunter to drag them out on the basis I'd rather get their truck stuck than mine! Surprisingly work phoned up just now and just asked if I'd like to work Sunday instead of tonight. lets think, double pay, and hopefully no snow chaos, yes please!

That's a good 600 miles covered in the MG GS now. I don't seem to ache too much, though the seats are still rather too much like church pews for my liking. Also, the head restraint is too close. I find this on almost every modern car. I blame NCAP.

Something very irritating is the stop start. It stops the engine when you brake to a halt, then turns the engine back on when you apply the handbrake. What sodding use is that?! I turned it off when we got stuck in Hereford earlier. Everything stopped moving.

C2ERzVgXAAE-Vqf.jpg

Earlier, we went to a garden centre.

C2EBe9eWEAEbbnc.jpg

Yes I noticed this in my dad's ds4 over Christmas. It wouldn't go into eco mode if you put the handbrake on. Almost like you shouldn't have the handbrake ( which is a silly electric thing) on at traffic lights. Also has a hill start delay which is ok once you're used to it.

It's massively annoying. It's actually encouraging you to NOT use the handbrake. Which is stupid, as the brake lights seem brighter than the sun. I kept distracting myself on the way back, as they illuminated road signs behind me like a frigging distress flare.

On the plus side, I'm quite liking the dual clutch transmission, bar its occasional lag. Mind you, when I drive cars with more than four gears, I sometimes struggle to decide which one I actually want too. This thing has SEVEN.

Fleet reduction continues. Been a while since I've been through all this so now I've at least got something to talk about.

Hurrah?

Sold so far:

1. Peugeot 605 SRdt (eventually)

2. Peugeot 605 SVE

3. Mazda Xedos 6

4. Peugeot 306 Estate (scrapped)

5. Rover 25 diesel (sold to CastrosBro)

I think I've sold my Volvo 960 Borked Headgasket Edition but the bloke who said he wanted it has gone quiet (he also bought my 605 V6 and Mazda Xedos)/

Also bought/sold/scrapped this year:

SCRAPPED

6. Renault Laguna V6 (everyone was so supportive* over that one)

BOUGHT

7. Renault Laguna Estate DTi (will be up for sale when the MoT's done)

8. Subaru SVX (because you might as well fail with style).

9. Peugeot 305 Estate Automatic (because it was a WORKING 305 and also BEIGE).

Too many cars and not enough space. I technically bought the 305 knob_van back off CS after it had appeared in print on the other side.

My overdraft sheet is hilariously bad.

Tonight's Autoshite news on the Pug 106 front is that it appears to have shat its waterpump seal.  At first I thought it was just getting colder as I headed north, half an hour later I decided that I too was cold: the heater, though, had decided that there was no more heat to give.  I stopped a further 10 miles on, off of a motorway junction (it was the first time I had a chance to stop), had a pee behind the car and nearly regretted it as the engine took over 3 litres - including the contents of my thermos flask! - to get back to some sort of coolant level.

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon...?

After a number of misadventures culminating in a meet-up in a betting shop in Wapping, I now have possession of an Alfa Romeo. Money shot:

0EB7C0E8-C5DE-43E8-A4DA-848276877F06.thumb.jpeg.dc6da38dc666263ec3a945bc0ac888b1.jpeg

It runs very sweetly and looks very shiny and got me across the middle of London and home to Wales in considerable comfort and style. And has a few minor electronics niggles to sort out, just so I can say it's got character.

F481336A-6447-44CA-9B85-415F47422427.thumb.jpeg.be6916108ae3444380ac344460f5b86e.jpeg

Tonight's Autoshite news on the Pug 106 front is that it appears to have shat its waterpump seal.  At first I thought it was just getting colder as I headed north, half an hour later I decided that I too was cold: the heater, though, had decided that there was no more heat to give.  I stopped a further 10 miles on, off of a motorway junction (it was the first time I had a chance to stop), had a pee behind the car and nearly regretted it as the engine took over 3 litres - including the contents of my thermos flask! - to get back to some sort of coolant level.

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon...?

71Ze1Q4avfL._SY450_.jpg?

Arny shark in shit service after they have your money shocker.

My new X-trail only had 1 working fob,the second damaged inside possibly by the previous owner as the button was damaged.

The car was booked in to Arny for the wednesday before christmas,we arrived around 9am to be told there was no fob ordered as it needs to go to a Nissan dealer for that.

Yeah we know but you booked it in here,you were going to take it to Nissan,this was organised so there was no need for courtesy a car as we were both on holiday.well we can't do it.The lass on reception even told Mrsv8 that she had not booked the car in even when she booked it in with the same receptionist.Home we went a little peeved.

So we wait till xmas is out of the way and ring Arny.It needs to go to a Nissan dealer for that,no shit sherlock.So book it into a dealer tell us were and when and we will take it to the dealer. Booked in for today at 13.00.

Mrs V8 rang the dealer just to check that the fob is there and it can be done in a hour.

The dealer had the fob but no name for who it belongs to just a reg number of a car booked in and unaware of the hour to hour and a half she had between meetings and school run.

When she got to the dealer the service reception was waiting with seat covers and the new fob.Our lass said she was going to nip over to kfc over the road,reception told her there wasn't a crossing over the carrige way so dropped her off and collected her when the car was ready.14.20 the car was finished and washed.

Main Dealer 1 Arny 0

After a number of misadventures culminating in a meet-up in a betting shop in Wapping, I now have possession of an Alfa Romeo. Money shot:

IMG_7697.JPG

It runs very sweetly and looks very shiny and got me across the middle of London and home to Wales in considerable comfort and style. And has a few minor electronics niggles to sort out, just so I can say it's got character.

Very nice..not sure I'm brave enough to try a cheap Alfa, and I've had P38's

IMG_7697.JPG

Thats painfully handsome.

attachicon.gifIMG_7697.JPG

Y badge no begin with l......

And mention Greek :)