Estate clearing. Includes Peugeot 206 and trailer content. Help needed.

pandamonium

My partner's father has passed away and we need to sell things to raise money for the funeral and pay off his debts.

These include the following categories:

Fishing equipment - lots.
Cameras.
Woodwork tools.
Electric bikes in various states, homemade batteries, controllers etc.
Welders
Tools - lots.
Battered and well used 1999 Peugeot 206 1.4 with long Mot and towbar. 144k miles.
Small trailer.
2 x electric awnings/canopies.

Looking for persons who know these genres to help value / buy / make offers.

Obviously the car is more of an Autoshite thing, but hoping persons can help advise on the rest?

Pics to follow or on request.

post-1804-0-04884400-1514629618_thumb.png

He was 79 and still active in his workshop, so it was quite a shock. 

Trailer's got to be worth £100-£130 of anyone's money.

*Edit: if there's any really old wood working tools in there, if you get chance try and Google each one as some are worth very good money I believe. Understand you have more important things on your mind right now though, so if it's quicker try and photograph each one and we'll see what we can do.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and quite apart from the emotional aspects of it, trying to organise things at this time of year is especially fraught, what with so many bank holidays and the like (my mum died 9 years ago today, so I know what it's like).

On an entirely practical level, don't worry about the debts, by law funeral costs and the like come first from a person's estate, so concentrate on that.

This is the one area of life where no-one talks about it - weddings, babies, every one has an opinion on and it's not a taboo subject, but what happens after a family member passes? Nope...

Welder looks like a Cebora 130 turbomig; they're decent hobby-level welders, if it's working it's worth £100-150 or so.

Startrite bench drill is good quality british made gear; depending on the model in working condition worth £150-250.

Wood turning lathe looks decent enough, not oldschool cast iron but still probably worth ~£150 or so. The chisels/gouges if a decent brand might be worth the same again.

Bandsaw isn't a quality make but still worth £50 if it's running ok.

The little things could also add up; the yellow box is a 240v to 110v transformer, they fetch £40-50 all day, pneumatic impact wrench depends on make but a brandname upwards of £40, power fretsaw again dependent on make but maybe £30-40 even for a cheap one.

When you're photographing stuff if you can get a shot of maker's data plates it's a lot easier to offer an opinion of value.

Sorry for your loss. He looks to have been a man happiest when in his workshop.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

He certainly was.

He has all sorts of homemade contraptions that he built and had recently become obsessed with electric bikes, even building battery packs.

It's good he stayed active right to the last, I don't think he would have liked it any other way.

We are off to pick up the car and trailer now, pics soon.