Meandering to get the Morris...

320touring

That looks fucking ace.

How is my old Alfa doing. I miss her.

That Alfa does significantly better than it has any right to do so! I enjoyed driving it again, bar the squeaks from the front suspension..

Great thread, great journey, great car! Well done! :-)

Thanks - high praise from a connoisseur/six cylinder carer such as yourself:)

Top purchaseage! Glad you made it home with no issues.

Now get tae grease gun oot ;)

I have much to learn, but nothing too daunting as far as I'm aware!

I'll pester many here.

Good. That went entirely as expected. Is anyone remotely surprised?

It's a lovely car, and you've obviously done a fair bit to it. I hope to continue on the work!

I'm not jealous.  Nor pissed off that I missed this.  Nope.  Not at all.

I'll add you to the list of potential Suitors..

You've done an order of magnitude more miles in that trip than I have in my MGB.

How did you find the drive? Is it going to be your daily driver with 100miles daily? ;)

Think it has done circa 230 miles or so today. Having easily covered 100 miles in it for each stint, it is more than capable.

Oh, imperial spanners.

I thought it said imbecile spanners.

Either works for me:)

615 Miles, just short of 14 hours from leaving this morning until getting home again. Would I do it again, certainly but not in the near future.

Alfa did its job as expected, Oxford did its job as expected too.

Impressions of the Oxford are that it is just arriving at that point where it could go either way depending on the owner. With it being the oldest car 320 has purchased and possibly ever driven I think its chances are good. It needs some time and also parts but it is, as Junkman said repeatedly, a perfectly suitable method of transport. The Sofa in the front was very comfortable for the 100 miles that I was relaxing on it. 

17/10 would do silly* collection caper again

615 Miles, just short of 14 hours from leaving this morning until getting home again. Would I do it again, certainly but not in the near future.

Alfa did its job as expected, Oxford did its job as expected too.

Impressions of the Oxford are that it is just arriving at that point where it could go either way depending on the owner. With it being the oldest car 320 has purchased and possibly ever driven I think its chances are good. It needs some time and also parts but it is, as Junkman said repeatedly, a perfectly suitable method of transport. The Sofa in the front was very comfortable for the 100 miles that I was relaxing on it.

17/10 would do silly* collection caper again

Cheers again for all the help! WULDREKOMENDASSIDEKICKFUEKOLLEKTIONZ

I was so hoping it'd break down.

I wasn't

And have to be towed back by the Morris.

No towing eye for the Alfa so no simple solution would have been available!

Why most people so grossly underestimate these really old cars will forever elude me.

Designed to be a car and nearly 60 years later still being a car and not a status symbol.

There is nothing really remarkable about these cars.    About 6 bits to go wrong, all of which can be replaced for the cost of a takeaway.   It was only ever the constant clamouring for something "newer" that saw them off..... 

Absolutely first class collection thread and I look forward to meeting the Station Wagon of Desire at some point.

Currently on the M61 and going well.

You virtually passed my doorstep. Had I known, I would have stood on a bridge and waved as you passed.

That looks fucking ace.

How is my old Alfa doing. I miss her.

I miss that car, too. If it hadn't been for that battery drain, and impending university assignments, I would have kept it longer.