For Sale 1983 Toyota Tercel

Mat.T

Greetings shiteists, Is been a while since I posted on these beige pages, although I do find my self lurking on a regular basis.

A few years ago a friend of mine acquired this little Tercel from an old gent, it had a stack of service history from toyota and honda! dealerships.

We changed the oil filter, gearbox oil, diff oil. Changed the cam belt and a few other bits. I think is fitted with corrolla ae82 gt springs so a bit lower than standard. My friend used is for a few years then passed it on to a mutual family friend who has used it for a daily for the past 2 years.

Said family friend has now moved to Oz and abandoned the Tercel on my parents drive who would rather like it gone. It was on ebay the winning bidder came up as a suspicious bidder or something ebay item:292367097596

Mot has ran out, it failed on a hole in the n/s sill that needs doing and scratch on the windscreen that tbh doesnt look to bad.

Its started the other day in the snow fine, idles nice brakes are free but I haven't driven it any where. Boot lid is rusty really needs replacing or repair. Interior is tidy.

about 75k on the clock, 1.3litre engine quite nippy from memory.

I;d guess £150 would take it offers accepted!!

VE8wXuC.jpg?1

QoxmDRt.jpg?1

Holy funk that's cool! I was looking at this on ebay but it was deffo the wrong time.

Quick Qs: where is it, and would it drive to Sussex without exploding? Any pics of the interior, or the crusty bit of the sill?

Also can somebody find a pic of the three door on MR2 alloys that was owned by somebody on RR?

Ah I missed some vital info, the car is located nr Colchester Essex.

The mot ran out in march 2017,  It had done 10k miles between 2015 and 2016! When it was being used as a daily driver. I don't doubt it wouldn't be reliable it started on the button after several months of standing. Sussex should be to much bother

I was hoping the ebay link works as Toby the owner wrote up a decent description of it.  I can get more pictures.

Squire dawson, these are FWD with a longitudinal engine at the front gearbox behind and separate diff!

Right, I've had a long hard think about this and for once I am going to do the sensible thing and stand down. I've already got five 'project cars' on the go and what little money I have really ought to be earmarked for those, not spread even thinner.

I really hope somebody on here gets this and gets it through an MoT - I would definitely like a crack at ownership at a later date, but I'm afraid it's not gonna be right now. #sadface