Sense has prevailed. Collection later.

Barry Cade

In 15 years of doing this Roadside Patroling lark i don't think i have been out to a Yaris,Corolla,Rav4 or Avensis anymore than a handful of times with a serious failure.

Last one of these i went to was with an Alternator failure just before the Dartford crossing (popped a fresh battery on it and followed it to Southend) and that was probably two years back.

I can see exactly why you have bought this,you know what's good and what's bad and these are one of the best cars out there,even the diesel engined ones don't fuck about and drop into limp mode every ten min like just about every other brand.

I have got my eye out for a 2 litre (petrol or diesel) estate one as a replacement family car,they are even made in Blighty.

You're right there Mr Spud. A vehicle I can have without planning my weekend,or pay packet around it,  that can carry what I need to move. When I decide.. I don't need another hobby just now.

Just been away for a few days in the Camper- Visited Liverpool just as the car park went up, luckily parked along at Albert dock though... anyway, crossed country and wasn't far from Burnaston, and these things were everywhere. Through Sunderland coming home and every other car was a Nissan. Leaving Liverpool though, past Ellsmere Port... every other car wasn't a Vauxhall.. Strange that..

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Mr Spud.Ours is puttering along nicely, everything works, hasn't used any oil at all in 1000 miles and is still showing over 45MPG. Not interesting at all, but that's what I wanted... really would have preferred an estate though.