spot of the year?

doubleyeller

I don't recall IainL needing to resort to sending out the begging letters to keep his fleet afloat however ;) So there's always that.[/

I still think the point has been missed though. I tried to engage conversation around SPOT of the year, not PHOTO of the year. Unless there are more residing elsewhere in the UK, a Montego is a rarity on our roads nowadays. I am enjoying seeing other people's spots even if I personally wouldn't be interested by some of them. I said it was my personal spot of the year and encouraged others to beat it.

Why all the negativity and nay saying? And if spot of the year is such a lame concept then why did IainL click on the thread? As far as I can remember all of IainL's threads revolve around subjects such as his own difficulties with DIY projects. Trying to read even the first line of his latest invariably excruciatingly boring and long winded essay on the attributes of various compressors is like trying to eat a packet of cream crackers dry and without water! I don't pop up on there to tell him what a "Lame" subject it is. He should lead some of the courtesy and manners he has been afforded by other members of the forum, some of whom have even gone to the trouble to provide a response!

Those two Princesses have a sad story since the silver one had been passed around a bit before the final owner acquired it and the blue one (as a spares car), let the club know his intentions and then BAM scrapped.

What goes on in the mind of such assholes, still more, why are they allowed to have old cars? Take it he repeatedly promised 'restoration'.

Spot of the year for rareness has got to go to my Sigma , I have never seen another in real life and would love for a shiter to find me one ....

Well Nisfan in Scotland did have one for a short while and another was spotted in Plymouth area once neither exactly round the corner from me in Sussex.

If anyone can find one and get contact details of the owner for me I will reward them with some beer tokens or something should it be a productive lead !

Get spottingattachicon.gif20170827_144411.jpg

Does a Galant count, While helping Quicksilver rescue his Renault 6 in August the Galant was parked a few doors away.

post-4787-0-73377200-1514662069_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-90819100-1514662079_thumb.jpg

What goes on in the mind of such assholes, still more, why are they allowed to have old cars? Take it he repeatedly promised 'restoration'.

I suppose you can't save everything. In the end, I think we have to accept that the Princess, Maxi, Allegro and Ambassador will never be truly rare. There will always be few on the roads, but 100's off the road in every stage of decay. In the end a restoration project will always eclipse the cost of buying an on the road example. Plus nobody without Shiteist leanings will ever see these cars as anything but a total heap of old junk. It's very hard to keep up a project in a sea of negativity and taunts.

I've restored various 1970's/80's Renaults, so I do know.....

Does a Galant count, While helping Quicksilver rescue his Renault 6 in August the Galant was parked a few doors away.

Unfortunately not Sixcyl , different car altogether , engine and body , even the wheels have a different pcd , I am needing a couple of interior seat levers which might fit if you fancy cutting your way through the jungle ! Apparently some early hyundai sonatas had the 6g72 3000 engine as well , there must be thousands of those sitting around somewhere as well ....

• 2 weeks later...

Those two Princesses have a sad story since the silver one had been passed around a bit before the final owner acquired it and the blue one (as a spares car), let the club know his intentions and then BAM scrapped.  Hopefully they'll at least get pillaged for spares to help others out.  Front wings, suspension units, doors and those rare specific late door mirrors on the silver car are all worth salvaging, just a shame I'm much too far away to do it.

Seems like a relevant time to drag this from the depths of my hard drive.

post-3133-0-99937600-1515613814_thumb.gif