Wobstang II

Joloke

That's just it, I'm not using him.  He hasn't turned a wheel since October.

It’ll be fine I’m sure.

I lay mine up every winter, every year. Usually from about November through to April, so a good 6 months. That’s only half of every year they get used.

I need to stop being stupid and use them more really!

Just check out this ultra shite and thin Chrome plating after just 3 months of Winter Slumber :shock:

51381359_2447404141998852_60118249815985

I think I've got the same air filter housing, but painted - in the thinnest paint you can imagine! So I've gone over it with several coats, in the hope it'll keep rust from forming.

I don’t use my cars through winter much at all tbh. The wet and the salt worry me something terrible!! They might come out a couple of times at most through winter, ideally on a dry day when the roads have dried off.

Round here there are literally no days between around December and Feburary where the roads are dry. It's either raining, snowing, or crisp and cold - but then the roads are so heavily salted the moisture gets sucked out of the air and into a greasy film on the road surface. Roll on Spring! :-)

What the Hell is that Smell!!! ????

That is what's known as "damp desert". It's the smell you get when a really dry state's dust experiences the winter damp of the UK.

Also, depends on the Krylon. Whatever takes it off will also likely remove the silver, too. However, you may find that the original silver has gone porous like mine on the GTA had; in which case there really isn't a way to save it.

Phil

That is what's known as "damp desert". It's the smell you get when a really dry state's dust experiences the winter damp of the UK.

I remember that smell well. Now that you mentioned it, I have it in my nose again.

Joloke, can't you get those typically American moulded carpets anymore?

They used to sell them for many different cars back in the day. Anything else just looks wrong.

Edit: They still do! And quite an array of other interior bits.

https://classicautoreproductions.com/collections/1974-1978-mustang-ii-interior

• 2 weeks later...

I do - it's a personal thing I guess. I threw in the towel here a while back and removed the thread I wrote on my own car because it had content personal to me on it. I didn't want it on a forum I felt I was not a part of. She possibly feels the same.

I didn't remove any of my replies on other people's threads since I felt it would break up the continuity of them and cause them damage which I didn't want to do. I ended up coming back after a few months in the end because I found I was still visiting occasionally. I semi-regret removing the thread because I had put a lot of effort into it, but hey, that's life.