db123

90’s Corsa – yep that 90’s Corsa..

Hi All,

Getting rid of this bad boy as it has served its purpose (only needed it as a stand in after some twonk went into the back on my mrs and wrote off her Clio while I found a car she ‘liked’...)

Good Bits:

·         Four good tyres

·         Mot’d recently (couple of months ago)

·         Only 12k miles on the clock

·         No power steering, wind up windows, manual locks… (very little to go wrong on it…)

·         All the heaters work (handy for this time of year)

Bad Bits

·         Exhaust makes a bit of noise (needs a bit of patching up – could be a bonus if you’re a boy racer..)

·         Fuel gauge is crap (half full means empty…, caught me out a few times…, now I keep a jerry can in the back..)

·         Drivers front wing is slightly bent (have included a pic so you can see)

I bought it off the moog a few months back and thought it was only fair to bang it back on the forum once I was finished with it (I did promise him I would when I stole it off him for 300 quid..)

Anyway, pics below, £250, pick up from Liverpool…

post-23433-0-39946100-1513971673_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-64524500-1513971684_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-11644800-1513971701_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-81708100-1513971708_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-31565100-1513971720_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-75606900-1513971739_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-74444700-1513971750_thumb.jpg

If this was nearer Norfolk I’d probably have it to time capsule but in all honesty I just can’t be arsed with trains or spending more money on transport.

Helpful post is helpful.

I really want to hate these, I think because I loved the Nova and these were sent by Vauxhall to kill it off.

But look at that face. How can you hate that face? It's like a puppy that just wants to be loved. Perhaps it has an overbite, or funny markings, but it's the last one of the litter and it has those big eyes.

You should definitely put that bit in the advert, it'll help. Trust me, I'm drunk.

a notion has been forward to park on the front garden and use it as wood store .........

Haha..., Mrs does not agree that using it as a log store is a good idea..., it's gotta go...

I really want to hate these, I think because I loved the Nova and these were sent by Vauxhall to kill it off.

Honestly don't think I could ever not like these cars, they most certainly do have a charm of their own.

+1 on the lotto, I'd be well up for a few tickets.

I'd actually add 2.5% to the mileage to drive this home...

But would take a couple of roffle tickets if you went that way.

I am tempted to go that way lol, could be fun and i'll updaye the thread to keep everyone in the loop.., just figured someone would grab it cos of the mileage...

Honestly don't think I could ever not like these cars, they most certainly do have a charm of their own.

+1 on the lotto, I'd be well up for a few tickets.

It does have charm..., that and four good tyres..., thats about it... (brutally honest is my sales technique...)

It does have charm..., that and four good tyres..., thats about it... (brutally honest is my sales technique...)

If you were an estate agent, you would suggest it had potential (as a 2.0 LET engined GSi replica).

Or mention : It's 3 door and has no sun roof so a perfect shell for a rally car.  

If you were an estate agent, you would suggest it had potential (as a 2.0 LET engined GSi replica).

Or mention : It's 3 door and has no sun roof so a perfect shell for a rally car.  

Funny you should say that because I was going to say sell it to the Corsa B modding lads on the premise of an SRi re-shell donor what with it being missing a v-grille and post-97 bumpers which is very odd on an R plate Corsa, so already has the correct bumpers and is also pre-97 'facelift' spec. 

Had one of these on an L plate in 1.5TD form a few years back.  The extra weight up front made it feel a lot more solid.

Went like a scalded cat once you got past the comedy turbo lag too.  Would happily light up the inside wheel on corners/roundabouts in 3rd.

Still ran and drove like new as well despite having 140K on the clock and everything worked, nothing rattled (except the bonnet), and once I turned the idle speed up 50rpm to shift the resulting vibration from the precise resonance frequency of the entire bloody dashboard was actually astonishing refined.

Sadly the rust killed it off in the end.

post-21985-0-26036400-1514462570_thumb.jpg

I am tempted by this but I would turn it into an SRi replica as I already have the necessary parts, apart from the door badges on my existing car.

However I would want to respray it which woukd be costly and tbh I think it would get a better home with someone who appreciates it for what it is.

I am tempted by this but I would turn it into an SRi replica as I already have the necessary parts, apart from the door badges on my existing car.

However I would want to respray it which woukd be costly and tbh I think it would get a better home with someone who appreciates it for what it is.

DO IT! DO IT! DOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Well except the respray, its fine in white, i dont like white cars but do like a white B SRI. 

No probs..., u know where I am if u change ur mind...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tomtation
      Loving home sought, must sell through no fault of its own etc.
      I have a 54000 miles (ish) 2002 K11 Micra 1.0 CVT 'S' for sale, it has factory alloy wheels and an aftermarket stereo/CD player (not too bad actually). For the uninitiated, the CVT gearbox is like a twist and go jobby, put your foot down and you whisk off surprisingly quickly for a 1.0! There are no gears as such, but there is a sport button - and it actually makes a difference! A surprising one. It being a 2002 facelift K11, you get a better ignition system (no dizzy, individual coils etc), a sleeker look, doorcards that the fabric peels off of and a CVT gearbox that is not made out of cardboard like the earlier N-CVT types. The engine is chain driven, so no belts to worry about.
      I bought this in April for mum to mooch around in as she's having a difficult time just now, a few mobility and financial issues (not a great combo!) and so I bought this for her, but also for me to mooch about in when I don't want to use the Hearse. It's no longer required as mum's situation has improved, and she's now bought herself something. So I have Nubbins back, but need the funds back from it which is sad because I really quite like it. A big surprise to me, IS NOT SHIT! My sister had these for her first few cars back when they really weren't worth anything, hers were all totally shit and she accidentally did quite well with the bangernomics philosophy, binning them when they were about to fall apart into small rusty pieces, needed a clutch etc.
      So, it has almost full-service history, it was MOT'd and serviced in March this year, it had a new full exhaust system in 04/2017 (even though only the rear box was blowing) and a full set of tyres in 08/2017, a new LHS caliper in 2016. It seems to have been very well looked after by the PO and previous owners, the PO had it since 2015 (the invoice for £2245 is in with the SH) but their dog got too big to fit in it! So, the logical thing to do was get a Skoda Roomster, cos they're roomy right? It's in the name and everything. My gain, I won the ebay auction for a smidgen over a grand, and when I picked it up the PO was very apologetic that it had an empty petrol tank, so gave me £50 for fuel - lovely people they were. The lady's husband (yes, a careful lady owner - not ragged or anything) had a collection of stuff, a Disco 3 (Shit rather than shite methinks), Volvo P1800 (gorgeous), S-Type and Merc C250d estate that had been to the moon and back. That's not mentioning the farm shite, many pieces or machinery, tractors, agricultural items I didn't know what they were etc.
      Apologies for the dirty, shit pictures - I haven’t had time to clean it yet and it still has a load of mum’s crap in there! Will clean, tidy and post better pictures when time allows - possibly Monday.

The drivers front wing has a dent, the door card fabric has come unstuck from the card itself and there is a small crack in the front bumper RHS lower corner (wasn't there when I bought it!). Otherwise it is a very smart little thing, with low miles, no rust that I have found (or been reported at MOT time) and so should keep motoring on for some time. Mum has been all over the south west in it, I have been up to Bristol and back once a week for the last month (160 mile round trip) so have total confidence in it - it will sit at 70+ on the motorway quite nicely, although steep hills make it a bit revvy and noisy. It's a 1L though bruv, innit.
      It owes me £1K, I need to sell it to pay for university tuition fees and need the funds back for this purpose. Any shiters want a punt? Offers accepted. Is located in East Coker, Somerset and isn’t taxed or insured atm.
    • By bangernomics
      Roffle is go.  
      1 for £16 or 2 for £30.
      4 SamR380
      7 Jollyfkr2
      12 AstonMartin
      15 Primeradoner
      18 Doug
      22 Loserone
      25 Mitsisigma01
      26 BlackBoilerSuit
      28 Barefoot
      30 DozeyDustman
      33 Doug (Aston Martin)
      37 DaveQ
      38 Norbert
      42 Doug (AstonMartin)
      43 Jollyfkr2
      46 Aston Martin
      47 Loserone
      48 Primeradoner
      51 BlackBoilerSuit
      55 StrangeAngel

Choice of top boxes either the white old one or the massive modern one for Uber eats work.

• By Fabergé Greggs
      I have a Vespa PX. I love it. I commute daily on it.

I don't have a bike license so I'm riding around on L plates which I'm finding frustrating given that I appear to better understand the rules of the road than 99% of other drivers. Or at least I know how to break them politely. Also I'd like to take a passenger from time to time.

I'd like to take my bike test, direct access ideally, and I fully understand it's safety training as well, but £700? Ain't gonna happen. I'd like to do it myself on my Vespa, and given that it's a 125 and manual I could do restricted licence test on it couldn't I? NO! I hear you say! Why not? Because bureaucracy. How dare they take away my rights? You could probably fund the NHS with the money that they'd save by not ruining my life etc..

So enter the LML.. A copy of the Vespa Made under license in India. It's identical in all but name and some suspect quality electrics. WCPGW? Because of modern regs, they've got a cat and hence a bit slower in standard form than the PX that they're based on, until you unleash an extra 10th of a horse by drilling a heart shape in the air filter. True story.

So anyway, given that they're identical only slower, you couldn't possibly take your bike test on one could you? WRONG AGAIN! YOU CAN!! Apparently it's hard to hit the 31mph required for the MOD 1 test, but I think the naysayers aren't trying hard enough. WCPGW?

​So enter an ad on an owners forum. LML, 2 stroke (essential), 2000km, 2 years old, "broken right indicator". £MEGA BARG. I bought it about 2 months ago. Unseen obvs. The only problem is that it's 120 miles away. Several idiots on shiply claimed that they could collect it for reasonable money before changing their minds on time/date/ location. The vendor is a gent, a minister no less, and has been incredibly patient. However as God's birthday is approaching he was becoming less flexible making it harder to co-ordinate with a courier. Van hire seemed expensive and something about him told me that his arms to would be too weak to help me lift it in to a van.

FUCK IT! Train booked. I"M GONNA RIDE IT HOME. IN DECEMBER. Forecast says rain all day tomorrow. WCPGW??

• By egg
      From a recent haul. This first lot 50p each + postage. More to come.

• By dozeydustman
      Just about an hour ago I went to start my car up, had Mrs Dustman with me, to go and pick Miss Dustman up from work. Turned over fine but took a while to fire up.

Steering felt heavy. Thought maybe as it's currently -5 + wind chill it's just cold & the fluid is thick.

Started reversing out my bay then I was greeted with:
      "DING DONG" - ABS fault.
      "DING DONG" - ESP fault
      "DING DONG" - headlamp auto levelling not working, contact service.

I shut the car down straight away and we went in Mrs D's Corolla.

Alternator is less than 2 months old, it's a recon unit from Alternator Man in Portsmouth. Hoping the cold isn't killing the battery and it's taking the 'nator out with it (battery passed the drop test last time the no-charge warning came up). Looks like a session with the multimeter after work tomorrow.....

MEH.