db123

90’s Corsa – yep that 90’s Corsa..

Hi All,

Getting rid of this bad boy as it has served its purpose (only needed it as a stand in after some twonk went into the back on my mrs and wrote off her Clio while I found a car she ‘liked’...)

Good Bits:

·         Four good tyres

·         Mot’d recently (couple of months ago)

·         Only 12k miles on the clock

·         No power steering, wind up windows, manual locks… (very little to go wrong on it…)

·         All the heaters work (handy for this time of year)

Bad Bits

·         Exhaust makes a bit of noise (needs a bit of patching up – could be a bonus if you’re a boy racer..)

·         Fuel gauge is crap (half full means empty…, caught me out a few times…, now I keep a jerry can in the back..)

·         Drivers front wing is slightly bent (have included a pic so you can see)

I bought it off the moog a few months back and thought it was only fair to bang it back on the forum once I was finished with it (I did promise him I would when I stole it off him for 300 quid..)

Anyway, pics below, £250, pick up from Liverpool…

post-23433-0-39946100-1513971673_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-64524500-1513971684_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-11644800-1513971701_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-81708100-1513971708_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-31565100-1513971720_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-75606900-1513971739_thumb.jpg

post-23433-0-74444700-1513971750_thumb.jpg

I must admit its not a bad little motor for its age , somebody who could do a bit of fettling would enjoy it  , my wife dont want it and thats the main reason its back on the market !!!!!!

If this was nearer Norfolk I’d probably have it to time capsule but in all honesty I just can’t be arsed with trains or spending more money on transport.

Helpful post is helpful.

I really want to hate these, I think because I loved the Nova and these were sent by Vauxhall to kill it off.

But look at that face. How can you hate that face? It's like a puppy that just wants to be loved. Perhaps it has an overbite, or funny markings, but it's the last one of the litter and it has those big eyes.

You should definitely put that bit in the advert, it'll help. Trust me, I'm drunk.

a notion has been forward to park on the front garden and use it as wood store .........

Haha..., Mrs does not agree that using it as a log store is a good idea..., it's gotta go...

I really want to hate these, I think because I loved the Nova and these were sent by Vauxhall to kill it off.

Honestly don't think I could ever not like these cars, they most certainly do have a charm of their own.

+1 on the lotto, I'd be well up for a few tickets.

I'd actually add 2.5% to the mileage to drive this home...

But would take a couple of roffle tickets if you went that way.

I am tempted to go that way lol, could be fun and i'll updaye the thread to keep everyone in the loop.., just figured someone would grab it cos of the mileage...

Honestly don't think I could ever not like these cars, they most certainly do have a charm of their own.

+1 on the lotto, I'd be well up for a few tickets.

It does have charm..., that and four good tyres..., thats about it... (brutally honest is my sales technique...)

It does have charm..., that and four good tyres..., thats about it... (brutally honest is my sales technique...)

If you were an estate agent, you would suggest it had potential (as a 2.0 LET engined GSi replica).

Or mention : It's 3 door and has no sun roof so a perfect shell for a rally car.  

If you were an estate agent, you would suggest it had potential (as a 2.0 LET engined GSi replica).

Or mention : It's 3 door and has no sun roof so a perfect shell for a rally car.  

Funny you should say that because I was going to say sell it to the Corsa B modding lads on the premise of an SRi re-shell donor what with it being missing a v-grille and post-97 bumpers which is very odd on an R plate Corsa, so already has the correct bumpers and is also pre-97 'facelift' spec. 

Had one of these on an L plate in 1.5TD form a few years back.  The extra weight up front made it feel a lot more solid.

Went like a scalded cat once you got past the comedy turbo lag too.  Would happily light up the inside wheel on corners/roundabouts in 3rd.

Still ran and drove like new as well despite having 140K on the clock and everything worked, nothing rattled (except the bonnet), and once I turned the idle speed up 50rpm to shift the resulting vibration from the precise resonance frequency of the entire bloody dashboard was actually astonishing refined.

Sadly the rust killed it off in the end.

post-21985-0-26036400-1514462570_thumb.jpg

I am tempted by this but I would turn it into an SRi replica as I already have the necessary parts, apart from the door badges on my existing car.

However I would want to respray it which woukd be costly and tbh I think it would get a better home with someone who appreciates it for what it is.

I am tempted by this but I would turn it into an SRi replica as I already have the necessary parts, apart from the door badges on my existing car.

However I would want to respray it which woukd be costly and tbh I think it would get a better home with someone who appreciates it for what it is.

DO IT! DO IT! DOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Well except the respray, its fine in white, i dont like white cars but do like a white B SRI. 

No probs..., u know where I am if u change ur mind...

I wanted this when it first went up but funding didn't arrive, I shall have a word with the wife tonight and see.

I used to teach people to drive in them when they were new and I have the youngest to teach this summer.