Peugeot 406 2.1 TD £2.50 a ticket or offers

bub2006

The avensis im unsure if its interference or not. I cant justify a gamble though and i need to stay on the road. Cost wise running too this made a viable option. Thank you all for well wishes.

3SFE engine? Ie 2.0 litre is 101% non interference. I’m also playing a bit of roulette atm. New belt and off you go.

You can’t really blame it if it was overdue on either miles or duration. It’s a 3yr/60k arrangement so not particularly generous.

Anyway, keep swimming Bub. That’s the secret. Just keep fucking swimming.

Over past 2 years ive lost countless cars,been homeless, had a serious van crash,marriage failure twice,disability and a mini stroke. The folks here have helped me through a lot. Some i owe so much to for keeping me sane. Ive fell out with some being grumpy and yea i may be a twat but i really enjoy all of your company.

yes but your our twat :mrgreen:

Quick question i believe is carb related. Starts fine cold but if try hot starting or even in traffic with stop start it wont idle and runs really lumpy. Rest my foot on the throttle and wait it will eventually ride it out and tickover on its own. Sorted selector issue out today and this is next on list!

Quick question i believe is carb related. Starts fine cold but if try hot starting or even in traffic with stop start it wont idle and runs really lumpy. Rest my foot on the throttle and wait it will eventually ride it out and tickover on its own. Sorted selector issue out today and this is next on list!

Its trying to be French! My new gooner does exactly the same thing! I've put it down to needing a service and a few cans of brake cleaner spraying over stuff

Errrugh my 345 years ago was very crap on fuel and didn't run right. When I stripped the carb (weber I think?) there was a jet totally missing, no idea how it even worked.

Oh & make sure the e-clip is there to retain the throttle cable on top of the rocker cover, mine was missing & the cable jumped one day. It was doing nearly 50mph on it's own, that was fun.

Then it bent pushrods every few days so might not have been a good* example. But it is what I still expect from a frog lump.

I don't recall much, it was over 20 years ago I had one. To sum up my experience of a manual one -

Comfy seats

Crap to drive

Crap on fuel

Broke a lot

Can you tell I'm not keen on them?

How much is a belt kit on the avensis? should only take a day to sort & then you could sell one of them.

A late 14.4E engine shouldn't be that brutal on the juice unless you just going to the shops and back on full choke all the time and gunning it (or the transmission isn't playing nice).

My averages : 14.0E (26.3) and 14.2E (26.6).

On a run and not hanging around I've had 34-odd.

Head over to www.volvo300mania.com and tap up 'mac' for info. He rebuilds 32DIRs in all its variations and knows how they work inside out.

I nearly bought a manual 2.0 l one of those years ago , but my head was in the roof lining , I learnt later that the soft shit selling it did not know about the seat adjustment as a result I missed out owning a car I always wanted ... enjoy , they are a brick outhouse in build , seen one take out a couple of cars and park in a hedge for a rest !!