Smiley Face Transits....Seem to have shot up in Value....Contains Very Nice Restored one,,

0ldCh0d

Browsing The Bay of E, I happened to find this.... I personally think that this is very nice & looks proper smart.

It now makes me wish I had hung onto My very,very trusty & not in any way rusty Transit, V946 NOH (Which is still on the road)

Bought with a broken timing belt for a steal, & back up & running within 4 Hours once back at the ranch....

.Aaaaaaahhh Memories. I will look out pictures of it, as it was a cracker of a van. 

These still are superb old vans, & as much as this thread might not be popular, I feel that this particular one deserves a show on here...

Apologies if this has been posted up elsewhere, I did not see it.

Check this out.....Minted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-ford-transit-van-1996-smiley-restored/302543069515?hash=item4670f8e14b:g:Fo0AAOSwUchaGbU2

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Just flogged mine for £450, but it had rampant rust, buggered wheel bearing and bodged exhaust amongst other issues, but I loved driving it, shame they are so prone to tinworm :shock:

£450......That is IMO cheap, despite the rust issues. They are getting few & far between on the road now.

Superior in every way to the utter ,utter shite that replaced it....

A restored smiley Transit, what a time to be alive! That's bonkers.

Weirdly I'm more fond of the pre-smiley ones, with the straight grille and rectangular lights. None of that curved light bullshit that came in the early 90s. I'll just about take the Bonus with the body colour strip under the lights, but hey. Older the better.

I had one of these years ago. It was a great van once I repaired all the door locks. I remember taking a young lady out for a date in it and not being able to unlock any of the front doors. I had to climb in the back and pull back the ply bulkhead enough to get an arm through to pull the door handle. It was replaced with a E36 2.5 tds BMW which was far inferior and couldn't transport a motorcycle.

There's an overlap between the manufacturing of smiley Transits and the replacement models around X plate (smiley Transits can in theory go as far as 52 plate), and apparently it's not possible to differentiate which model it is on the DVLA computer so late smiley Transits get a LEZ exemption even though they have old DI banana engines and don't meet Euro 3 or whatever.

My mate is restoring one, to pretty much concourse, he’s sourced all this NOS genuine Ford stuff, it’s got all it’s original keys, paperwork, service history, original number plates, it’s a locally registered van bought new from the local main dealer by a guy who specced it well, it’s a SWB but with a higher roof, twin glazed rear doors, finished in a nice shade of blue which was rare on a Transit, and was specced with power steering and the electrics pack so has central locking, electric windows and door mirrors etc.

This will look cracking when it’s done.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7372652@N05/24744781952/in/dateposted/

Browsing The Bay of E, I happened to find this.... I personally think that this is very nice & looks proper smart.

It now makes me wish I had hung onto My very,very trusty & not in any way rusty Transit, V946 NOH (Which is still on the road)

Bought with a broken timing belt for a steal, & back up & running within 4 Hours once back at the ranch....

.Aaaaaaahhh Memories. I will look out pictures of it, as it was a cracker of a van. 

These still are superb old vans, & as much as this thread might not be popular, I feel that this particular one deserves a show on here...

Apologies if this has been posted up elsewhere, I did not see it.

Check this out.....Minted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-ford-transit-van-1996-smiley-restored/302543069515?hash=item4670f8e14b:g:Fo0AAOSwUchaGbU2

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

He used the word Van 18 times in that ad.