Jaguar FTP aaarggghh

Mr A Lawrence

What Jag?  If it was mine I'd check the earth points and battery connections everywhere - then maybe the battery itself.

When the earth points disintegrated on my previous X350 there was a series of totally spurious but increasingly alarming messages, none of which was "true" because the systems didn't know how to respond to earths being bad.

It's an 06 2.7d Stype.

When the warning comes on the power cuts and it won't go over 2k rpm.

Would a blocked/old fuel filter cause this?

Ah - my X350 (same engine) did this.

I spent a lot of money at garages trying to fix it and it was never really fully cured.  Mine would go back to normal as soon as I found a place to pull over and restart.

It was made better by replacing the EGR valves and some other bits - but there was a stored code that indicated an imbalance between banks of cylinders.

There are a lot of people out in the internet with the same issue and seemingly not many permanent fixes.

Mine did it more in damp weather.

I don't have any good news - and this was another reason I ditched that car.

Turbo related? Check all the pipework.

What Bren Say's,

Check the pipe work, The S Type that I bought & then sold to my Dad, did this very thing about 2 weeks ago, It turned out that it was a split pipe, after the MAF Sensor.

However, this is a 3.0 V6 Petrol, so might not be the same on the 2.7 diesel.

Cost was £35 fixed. 

Does it go into limp mode when you accelerate or just when you're driving normally?  I remember a Citroen C5 I went on a charidy rally with would throw overboost errors and go into limp mode if you applied too much throttle.

Turning it of and turning it back on fixed it. Does this have some kind of turbo boost solenoid that could be causing the errors?

It should be easier to diagnose if you can demonstrate it to someone with the right machine.