No station on MoT history again???

Cheezey

I recently answered a survey on that site and in the suggestion box asked if they could include the number of previous owners and ideally the precise model and engine size. Not only would that be useful, it'd save having to DVLA and Cazana every bloody car I look at on t'interweb.

They obviously* took on my suggestion by removing the very useful MoT station info....

I've got to admit, I'm quite surprised they published it to begin with - given how risk averse government departments are, I wonder if they got an email quoting the data protection act? The guidance on it gives an example of protected data that shouldn't be released as 'the man who lives at number 15 and drives a Porsche Cayenne' - it's not a massive stretch from there to 'the man who drives a Porsche Cayenne and takes it to the Porsche garage in Huddersfield in mid-November every year for an MOT'. I've got into trouble at work for similar...

People looking for old cars they used to own were suggesting exactly that on pistonheads, rocking up to the last mot station trying to find out who the owner was, I'm sure owners of rare classics would really appreciate that plus the risk of nutjobs threatening staff for information