What

Tamworthbay

Only one possible answer:- E38.

Was also going to suggest this. Still miss mine,  but was never being used.

Give one a try , and dont be hasty, as the options list on these were massive. Find a good one and make sure everything works.

Doubt you'll find one where the central ashtray closes though, as that always seems to fail :)

One of mine was fitted with little lights under each door handle. No use at all for driving, but always made me smile when coming back to the car on an evening,

Easily got 35>38mpg on a run.

Very comfo and wafty manual motorway cruiser-barge for monthly 250 mile round trips, please folks, that doesn't result in me getting pins and needles in my arms like the Streetshite does due to cramped cabin. Streetshite to be retained for dailies

Pref up to £300-400, not fussed on diz or pez but must be manual. Pref 2L or over for powah. Saab/Volvo/Rover preferred but open to off the wall suggestions, 90s ideally/early 00s

The motivation to get the Capri sorted is to get another snotter, that you could probably do without and will suck up time and energy.

Man-maths means something is inbound. Scumtree has a MGTF that may miss your brief but they are good fun

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mg-tf/1273382981

The problem with the Capri is that I need a combination of decent weather and my mate (paint guru -I am shit at painting) who has spent half this year overseas. I miss having an old motor to tinker and improve whilst being on the road. I nearly got an MGF off here a couple of weeks back in a trade but for some reason if left me cold. I then started looking for another Mk1 mx5 but then thought about the reason I sold the last one -not enough seats so it barely got used in the end. At the moment I just can’t find anything that makes me want one enough to pull the trigger. Middle age saloons/ family hatches don’t do it for me, I hate electronics and don’t want to spend money I have set aside for the Capri so I am limiting myself a hell of a lot. I like weird stuff so have been looking at things like a Lada Niva but can’t believe how expensive they have gotten. I will keep trawling eBay and the other places they pop up as something will grab my attention sooner or later. I have never massive amounts on my play cars, I think the reality is that the sorts of cars I love are gradually pricing themselves out of my range so I will need to either look at other stuff (I still think of 90s cars as new) or up the budget.

Is it my old one?

If so - it's a good one.  They're deeply stylish cars, and 100% will be "fuschia classic m7".

I don’t think so, it’s not far from me but having trouble getting to see it at the moment as it’s getting dark too early and weekends are crazy busy. Hoping to find time this weekend.

clayts450, on 27 Nov 2017 - 8:45 PM, said:

Very comfo and wafty manual motorway cruiser-barge for monthly 250 mile round trips, please folks, that doesn't result in me getting pins and needles in my arms like the Streetshite does due to cramped cabin. Streetshite to be retained for dailies

Pref up to £300-400, not fussed on diz or pez but must be manual. Pref 2L or over for powah. Saab/Volvo/Rover preferred but open to off the wall suggestions, 90s ideally/early 00s

S-type Jaaaag 3.0 V6, and change.

I was offered a 55,000 mile 99/V example recently with 10 months' MOT. I suspect he'd have taken £400

Merged topics - bit confusing to follow sometimes, becoz KAOS.

I think all the replies made recently related to your request as to 'what to buy', John just quoted one of my earlier posts in the original 'Suggest me a..."  topic.

But maybe you need to consider a Jaaaaag too ;)

Come on now, you said Sporty or old, coupe was not in the brief.........!

You’re just changing the goalposts

It’s not old! That’s practically brand new! I bet it’s still in warranty knowing how reliable French cars, especiallyntheir electronics are.

I think that is part of the problem for me though, I just can’t imagine me going out in that for a drive just because I can, whereas the Dolomite that as my last running project was different enough to be interesting. There are cars out there that will fit but I am going to need to be patient and wait for a good one to turn up (and do lots of riffles on here as that doesn’t count as buying).