Wolseley needs new home.*bran find* not Focus, KA,Corsa, Vibrator

D Spares & Tyres

I did the bulkhead, a pillars and parcel shelf of my A35 in blue carpet tiles (pack of three from the pound shop). They looked better than they had any right to be, and a good match for the cheap 1970s blue cord carpet, my parents fitted which came out of a skip 30 years ago.

Only problem is,the self adhesive glue struggles on the vertical parts once the interior gets a bit hot in summer. Would be worth putting some extra spray glue on the surfaces you're sticking them to. :)

I keep meaning to give the old paint the headlining trick a go to get rid of the yellow-brown glue stains on the headlining of the Princess to save me making a whole new headlining.  It's not that I can't do a headlining, it's just a lot of faff.  Be interested to see how your job with the plastikote works out.  If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have recognised the carpet as floor tiles and I suspect nobody else will either once it's all in.

Got bored of cutting carpets (badly) so I got the back seats out from under my bed and fitted thempost-19511-0-93266500-1540028613_thumb.jpg

Some minor stains on the back seat (from before I had them, not from their time under my bed)

post-19511-0-09961000-1540028677_thumb.jpg

It's starting to look and smell so much better in there now. You can see some damage on the door card. I'll sort that one day but there's no rush, the aim is just to improve the car for now, not to make it mint

NIce to see one of the duotone interiors looking so good. 

I  put one of those industrial carpet  mats in the Cowley, it comes in 2.5m widths so you can have one piece in the front and one in t'back.   Made a complete arse of cutting and fitting it but I will fetch another one for £20 some time and do it properly... Coverdale sent me some samples and a price list but I like being able to take the whole flooring out in the winter rather than arse about with a 15 piece set or whatever.

How did the headlining dry out like?   

NIce to see one of the duotone interiors looking so good.

Thanks, but as with the rest of the car,pictures flatter it. It's still a massive improvement though and if I get too precious about everything it will never get done! I can always improve little bits in the future

I couldn't put off replacing the dashboard any longer. I hate faffing about with dashboardspost-19511-0-48443600-1540152720_thumb.jpg

This is fairly simple as dashboards go though!

Put the new one in place. Looks good initially but it goes without saying, there is a problem... The dash must be from a MK2. The heater controls are in a different place and too far away for the cables to reach.

Luckily I know I have another dashboard in the loft, wrapped up in a blanket. Pretty sure it is in even better condition than this one. Guaranteed to be another MK2 version though...

If it is then I'll just fit it anyway and heater controls be damned, who need s them anyway? Heaters are for sissies.post-19511-0-13865200-1540153213_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-98538900-1540153239_thumb.jpgpost-19511-0-18087400-1540153258_thumb.jpg

I couldn't put off replacing the dashboard any longer. I hate faffing about with dashboardsattachicon.gifIMG_20181021_205138.jpg

This is fairly simple as dashboards go though!

Put the new one in place. Looks good initially but it goes without saying, there is a problem... The dash must be from a MK2. The heater controls are in a different place and too far away for the cables to reach.

Luckily I know I have another dashboard in the loft, wrapped up in a blanket. Pretty sure it is in even better condition than this one. Guaranteed to be another MK2 version though...

If it is then I'll just fit it anyway and heater controls be damned, who need s them anyway? Heaters are for sissies.attachicon.gifIMG_20181021_205604.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20181021_205615.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20181021_205657.jpg

Stick a Mini one in?

If somebody were to bring some cables to me then I may fit them but I just can't be bothered to source and fit them really. Ideally another MK1 dash would turn up but I doubt it.

I don't intend to use this car in the winter so not having a functioning heater doesn't matter to me,plus I.just want to hurry up and get the car complete!

Just been up in the loft...post-19511-0-90492900-1540211388_thumb.jpg

What do you reckon will be in that package then?

Yep another later dash of course...post-19511-0-81872500-1540211449_thumb.jpg

But on the bright side, at least it has some better condition switches and instruments in it although the laquer is not quite as good. It also has the heater controls which the other one doesn'tpost-19511-0-37459800-1540211544_thumb.jpg

I am ashamed to say that I attempted and failed at swapping the switches over last night. I have thispost-19511-0-39281300-1540314262_thumb.jpg

And thispost-19511-0-24884500-1540314284_thumb.jpg

But neither makes any mention of how to get these outpost-19511-0-64111700-1540314331_thumb.jpg

There is a small metal bit underneath them that is spring loaded. I assumed that the method of removal was to push it in whist either pulling on or unscrewing the job on the end of the switch. Neither was successful. I am either doing it wrong or not using enough force.

Any ideas?

Those switch knobs should come off if you find a small depression underneath, push a sharp point into it and it will dis-engage from the blim on the switch stalk.   They do tend to break up if you over-do it - just ease them off once the knob is backed away from the blim thing... 

edit - stalk blim visibile in your pic - just push it back so that you can ease knob back off stalk.  Missus....

Well I don't drink much these days but I took the new dash and the old one into the kitchen and opened up some ale. Immediately the answer lay in front of me. The middle section of the dashboard is separate from the main section and it comes apart easilypost-19511-0-70146000-1540328738_thumb.jpg

It is tattier than the one I was going to put in but at least I don't have to disturb the switches. It's all quite cheap quality anyway. It is plywood that has been varnished. The outside edge part has been painted with brown paint (from the factory) to hide the layers and it is this that is flaking. I'll brush it in at some point.

Progress!