How much shite is too much shite? Ready for the NEC and I have to decide on the Xantia

Saabnut

On 9/17/2022 at 9:25 AM, HillmanImp said:

That's well cool. What sort of shark is that? 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, Saabnut said:

Sorry, no idea on the type of shark apart from a grey one. I have asked here but no one seems to know.

I apologise for the lack of car content on this thread at the moment, but my excuse is that the nearest car is about 150 miles away.... Today we spent waiting on weather although we have managed to return to work in the last hour. Earlier we had a visit from the SAR helicopter who wanted to borrow our back deck for a winch exercise. I suggested as they had the bait on the wire we should try and catch the shark, but I was over-ruled. (the bait can be seen next to the crane below the cabin in this picture)

budgie.thumb.jpg.6541d3af778ba51ca5009dc3d7ea78f0.jpg

Pretty sure that is a Shortfin Mako.

I stand to be corrected but you are in the right area.

Yes, Hebden Bridge station was very niceCA314D80-C7CD-4A86-9252-C35E48D202F4.thumb.jpeg.2c42ae5a8ae6d708b183ab75943b3a7b.jpeg

even had a lamp room

Made it to the collection point and handed over too much money 😀

A full day travelling although remarkably all 4 trains were on time to fetch this

FD0948C6-03D1-417C-A7D4-6F8C9A94C4BE.thumb.jpeg.674a92ac334124b13c0c19707c58f000.jpeg

Was getting dark so better pictures tomorrow. Went to the petrol station and filled up for a mere £158 Eeek

30 miles covered to my hotel for the night and very pleased with it 

What a great car in a lovely colour.

I loved mine, the dash is so special with the soft lighting on the centre console, always seem such an occasion to sit in it.

It was criticised for being over heavy but as a tow car that high body weight made it a magnificent tow vehicle. 

• 3 weeks later...

An overdue update from me.

Having got the Range Rover home, I did a couple of local journeys and all continued to be well. I then spent a couple of days finishing off the brake overhaul on the trailer - new shoes, adjusters, cables etc and fitted new LED lights to the rar and LED bulbs into the remaining working side markers. With that done, it was off down to Perth to collect my Disco 1 and take it down to Sheffield(ish) for a respray. I had been averaging 18.3 mpg solo, towing the empty trailer saw this drop to 18.2 so that was fine*. Adding hust over 2 tonnes of Discovery to it saw the mpg drop to 17.4 so very little difference. Sheffield achieved:

10044346_IMG_22091.thumb.JPG.57bfcd756d80dbd114474f10a3327231.JPG

It seemed silly to return with an empty trailer, and my Rover P5b had been on loan with my friend for the summer. The plan had been to sell it once he was done, but a couple of small weld repairs are needed so it had to come back to be done. It was duly loaded and returned to Scotland, here they are at the usual tea stop at Jock's Bend

538725549_IMG_22111.thumb.JPG.a54306b83da735e26e88a91c3a63621c.JPG

The trailer is now back on the ramp awaiting new side markers and number plate lights, and of course the hydraulic pump reservoir for the tilt bed has started to leak *sigh*

• Saabnut changed the title to How much shite is too much shite? Towing Stuff