How much shite is too much shite? Ready for the NEC and I have to decide on the Xantia

Saabnut

Number 15 - a 2000 Iveco van. This was my landscapers tow truck that broke both rear springs on my track when taking his mini digger away! As it was approaching end of life, he bought a newer van and left this here, which was great as it is providing spares for my other Iveco. Once that is back on the road, this will be stripped and bridged.

post-5203-0-66170900-1511467012_thumb.jpg

Number 16, and the last one for tonight. This is my second VW, purchased a couple of days ago, a 2003 Polo TDi. As the village has just had a new bar open, after 6 years without a pub, I am now going to see if they sell beer! I will try to take some more pictures tomorrow and continue this thread, but be warned, I am no where near being half way through.....

post-5203-0-23046800-1511467298_thumb.jpg

Number 4 - I think this is my only Ford apart from the previosly posted Escrot. A 1989 Sierra XR4x4i. This was my late brothers, and it was almost ready for returning to the road when he was killed on his motorbike. It has since stood where it is for 11 years whilst I did my best to ignore it. I really need to see if it will fire up, check how much it has deteriorated and sell it on.

A 2.0 twin cam I presume??

Number 16, and the last one for tonight. This is my second VW, purchased a couple of days ago, a 2003 Polo TDi. As the village has just had a new bar open, after 6 years without a pub, I am now going to see if they sell beer! I will try to take some more pictures tomorrow and continue this thread, but be warned, I am no where near being half way through.....

Hopefully, once he has sobered up again, we will get a continuation of this excellent thread. I am looking forward to seeing what else is making his property a shite heritage site.

Just when you think thats it, he posts another one! How many are there???

I've been there...many.  many more than you'd think.

I also have the hilarious memory of bouncing down your track at high speed in my Lada Niva, much to the dismay of my passenger.  There can be a lot of standing water sometimes can't there!

Had to stop shortly after I hit the main road on the way home when I realised I needed to clear the mud off the headlights if I wanted to see.

Number 4 - I think this is my only Ford apart from the previosly posted Escrot. A 1989 Sierra XR4x4i. This was my late brothers, and it was almost ready for returning to the road when he was killed on his motorbike. It has since stood where it is for 11 years whilst I did my best to ignore it. I really need to see if it will fire up, check how much it has deteriorated and sell it on.

Not seen one of them for years, they were great.

OK, are you sitting comfortably? Well, I will begin continue. I have taken photos of most of the remaining collection, but there were too many and my phone battery went flat! I will get the rest tomorrow if I am back from the local Classic auction in time, if not it will be Sunday. I shall probably get bored tonight so they may or may not appear this evening, we shall see!

OK, Number 17 - into the shed for the next batch, I was in there and it was light, so some of the better ones now. First off a bare shell of a 1971 Saab 99. This is to be used to reshell my 1972 Saab 99 with a T16 conversion, the infamous (in Saab circles) Chavmeister. This is away in Bristol waiting on the shell as it is beyond repair, despite the shiny paint. I will have to dig through my hard drives and find a photo of this one later.

post-5203-0-96022000-1511541032_thumb.jpg

Number 18 - a 1989 Saab 900 Carlsson. Currently a rolling shell, I have spent far, far too much on this as this shell is now 100% rot free, having had every bit of rust cut out and properly repaired, new wings etc. The work has been done to concourse standard and is now ready to go to the paint shop, before re-assembly, but I need to return to work or sell some of the collection to finance this.

post-5203-0-60124500-1511541391_thumb.jpg

Number 19 - this is a very early 1978 Saab 99 Turbo 3 door. One family owned before me and 41k miles. Needs recommisioning as it has been dry stored for nearly 30 years, I have not had the time in the 19 years I have owned it so it has been sold and will be going to its new owner in the next couple of months.

post-5203-0-28641900-1511541682_thumb.jpg

Number 20 - the pride of the fleet! A 1978 Continuation Shelby AC Cobra. A unique build, with a RAM chassis and AC Alluminium body, powered by a 550bhp 7 litre Chevrolet lump. I have a photograph of Carroll Shelby driving this car in the early 1990s. Currently needing a new throttle cable, but tucked away for the winter.

post-5203-0-97101300-1511541965_thumb.jpg

Great thread!   I was just typing this post to say what an amazing collection this all is when up pops a bloody Cobra....Driven by Shelby!    Like, "oh by the way, I have this too!! "

I would be wary of holding a Shitefest there, though.  

Nothing ever seems to come back off the farmyard......

Number 21 - 1930 Morris Cowley Speedster. Built in the 1960s, modified over the years with a lightened flywheel and 4 speed gearbox, it was registered with the VSCC and used for trials. Just after I bought it the dynastart chain fell off, so for the last 12 or so years it has been hand crank only! I used it for trials for a few years but to be honest, it was shite (my air cooled beetle of the time was far more competent) so it has been a road car since, although the top speed of 48 mph limits it a bit, hence the Oxford chassis I posted earlier. I am getting older, so this winter I plan on pulling the engine and box and returning it to electric start after which I plan on leaving it at my French abode for the croissant and baguette run.

post-5203-0-16717500-1511542814_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-53164200-1511542863_thumb.jpg

Number 23 - If I could only have one car to do everything, this is the one I would keep. A 1978 Bentley T2 with Mulsanne Turbo running gear. Luxury, performance and a glorious exhaust note! If it wasn't for the ruinous spares and repair bills, this would be perfect. Has been to Le Mans and almost certainly will do so again.

post-5203-0-22610900-1511543500_thumb.jpg