How much shite is too much shite? Not Over for the Rover - Yet!

Saabnut

21 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

That's a nice car and I can't remember seeing many older Saabs in black, is it a rare color?

Apparently so, although the other 93b I know in the UK is also black! The last Swedish owner (in 2021) owned it for 31 years and worked at the Saab plant in Trollhatten as a detailer. The car was resprayed at the plant and took 7 litres of paint. None of which will have contributed to the demise of Saab at all :-) . It has not been on the road since import and I believe was not used for many years in Sweden either so I need to do a recommision.

• Saabnut changed the title to How much shite is too much shite? Not Over for the Rover - Yet!

All home market Saabs (production started post WW2) were LHD. I think it was 1968 they switched sides, but most cars sold in Sweden were LHD, probably to assist in neighbouring countries, although I have heard it said that LHD was popular outside of cities where there was often unmetalled roars and steep drop offs with no barrier as it made moving close to the edge easier.

Today was the Alford autojumble and a few local shiters had arranged to meet up there but unfortunately I had visitors so could not make it. My visitors left after lunch so decided to see if Delilah (named by a friends grand daughter due to the registration) would start as the last time it was run was September last year. Took my jump pack out but surprisingly did not need it as oce fuel was pulled through she started well. A quick pressure wash and off for a run. Filled up with fresh fuel and enjoyed the sun. I had been planning on selling this one as I have had it close to 15 years when I discovered a small* amount of rot which @GingerNuttz made a fantastic job of fixing. Now it is solid and running well, thoughts again turned to possibly selling, so I stopped to take a few photos.

IMG_1058.JPG.45e7819cfc8127f65cb61d81ffb7ab39.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG.6ed311338216e996fed0d1d3dabf12d7.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG.d7c07b45ef686b5a2e7ca84a96867a76.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG.10ba228341800b7fff8cf9374fff6d28.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG.0d429a694a9369328db59c9201ffacef.JPG

Carried on for about 50 miles then headed home. Once on my track it started to play up, lacking power, back firing and cutting out. I think the points have closed up but as I got home it started raining. All thoughts of selling are again on the back burner until I investigate further.