How much shite is too much shite? Ready for the NEC and I have to decide on the Xantia

Saabnut

I started a thread yesterday on the start of my downhill fall into VW ownership. I mentioned a few cars also in the collection, and several people asked for pictures of some of the shite currently cluttering up my abode. As I am the worlds best* photographer and only have a phone camera, the pictures may not be to award winning standards, but I went outside this afternoon and started taking a few pictures. As I have not found a way to add tet between pictures, the easy way is to post each vehicle separately with a few brief details. There will only be one or two photos of each but if anyone is interested I can always post more.

BUT be warned. This is going to take several days to post up, partly because I will get bored, but mostly because there are so many of them! Today I took a few pictures of those around the top of my pad, and so will post those, so that will be the first 16 then! I really had not realised how the shite has multiplied over the last few years, so I have come to the conclusion that this year I am going to reduce the collection to around a dozen, so if anybody fancies anything, Just shout! Some I do not want to sell, but as always, if the price is right, everything is for sale.

OK, onto the Shite.

Number 1, a 1989 Ford Escrot 1.6 dieseasal van. Don't get excited, this is utterly rotten and has been raided for parts by a friend who is restoring an XR3 or similar. Currently being used as a shed until I pull my finger out and take it for a trip over the bridge.

post-5203-0-44173700-1511461247_thumb.jpg

No 2 - The first of the Saabs. A 1989 900i 3 door. This is a spares car that has been fairly well stripped, but still a lot more to come off it before it too heads for the bridge. Need to spend a couple of days stripping it so it can clear up a bit more grass to add to the mowing.

post-5203-0-98771800-1511461527_thumb.jpg

Number 4 - I think this is my only Ford apart from the previosly posted Escrot. A 1989 Sierra XR4x4i. This was my late brothers, and it was almost ready for returning to the road when he was killed on his motorbike. It has since stood where it is for 11 years whilst I did my best to ignore it. I really need to see if it will fire up, check how much it has deteriorated and sell it on.

post-5203-0-83504200-1511462110_thumb.jpg

Number 5 - a 1980ish Saab 99T - yes a genuine Turbo. This arrived with no ID, log book or most of the underbody. Fifteen years sitting in a damp Glasgow lock up with no windscreen fitted has taken its toll. Whilst beyond redemption, its mechanicals are destined to be spares for a friends 99T rally car, the rest will be stripped to keep others on the road.

post-5203-0-08419900-1511462514_thumb.jpg

Number 6 - Ooops, forgot this was once a Ford, and the answer to the mystery van, a 1980 Ford Transit Mk2 with a 1600 Pinto. This van has literally disappeared before my very eyes. No panels have been removed, they have rotted away. Currently a shed (cannot remember what is in it, this too was my late brothers). This will be emptied then the parts required to convert a friends LHD Mk 2 to RHD, after which the remains will be swept up and taken over the bridge.

post-5203-0-03976900-1511462899_thumb.jpg

Number 8 - a 1950 Sunbeam Talbot 90 Mk 2. Bought at auction a couple of years ago after many years in a lock-up, I got it running and driving before being put aside to await its turn. This of course has not happened, and I sold it on for what it cost me to a friend last week. He is going to return it to the road and it will hopefully be collected in the next couple of weeks.

post-5203-0-78235700-1511463661_thumb.jpg

Number 10 - Fittingly at number 10 is Jaggy McJaaaagface. This is 1997 Jaguar XJ Sport with the 3.2 V8 motor. Whilst visiting a friend in Yorkshire, we went for fish and chips. The shop was next to the motor auction so we went for a look whilst eating our chips and I came away with this (unstickered at the time). I ran it for a couple of years, it needing 4 x ditchfinder tyres fitting and a set of rear brake pads. Then we needed transport for the 2016 Le Mans 24hr, so this was stickered up for the event 900 miles away. Did it perfectly, and the stickers raised a smile so left them on. It did Le Mans again this year again without fault, but is currently awaiting me getting around to fitting a new PAS pipe, after which it will be back on the road, and the stickers are staying!

post-5203-0-04114500-1511464839_thumb.jpg

Number 11 - The super condition* and super reliable* 1997 Range Rover P38 2.5 DSE. This works for its living, most journeys are completed with the Ifor Williams on the back. It usually breaks but gets me home when I fix it for its next journey....

I am getting tired of it, mechanically it is brilliant, great tow car, 30+mpg but the electrics are driving me mad madder. If the Range Rover Classic I have my eye on comes off, this will go, but living where I do a proper 4x4 is essential over the winter.

post-5203-0-97642500-1511465380_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-47273400-1511465459_thumb.jpg

Number 12 - 1994 Chevrolet Astro Dayvan. Fitted with the 4.3 V6 and 4wd, with a Starcraft conversion. In irregular use until a few weeks ago where it failed the MOT on a couple of brake pipes. This is at the top of the "waiting its turn" list and will be re tested shortly. It drives well, despite some bampot lowering the suspension!

post-5203-0-19250100-1511465791_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-21276400-1511465863_thumb.jpg

Number 13 - Ooops, another Ford but does not really count. A 2004 Transit T350. Low miles, but laid up by the PO when the clutch gave up. Left for 3 years before I recently rescued it. It now starts and drives fine, but the clutch drags (fine once you are moving). It has a recent exhaust and has had a shit load of welding but seems solid still. Not one for me, as soon as the paperwork arrives, this will be up for sale.I got this as I had planned on using it til my XLWB Iveco was back on the road, but I CBA and it is too short for what I need a van for, so it will go.

post-5203-0-87298400-1511466406_thumb.jpg

Number 14 - 1995 Saab 9000 CSE ex track car. Last outing at Cadwell park about 8 years ago where it blew the turbo big time (Session red flagged whilst the smoke cleared as it was a very still day and it filled the valley) but kept as it has a good motor and box with lowish miles. Recently started stripping it so it is not long for this world as the bridge calls...

post-5203-0-78042700-1511466749_thumb.jpg