The Thousand Pound Range Rover

Wack

I've had it a year , it's stood for a week and fired up like it was started yesterday , only warning messages I've seen are, it's 4 degrees outside so you might want to put a coat on and buy a new battery for the key tightwad.

in the service history it's had a recon gearbox , suspension and pump , stays up even if not moved for a week,, I know the engine is low mileage because I saw it running in the car I bought it from, about 70,000 miles , meant to take a picture of the dash but forgot

The problem with the air not blowing on the screen seems to have fixed itself , aircon was regassed and is freezing, NS disc brake shield is rattling , needs a big washer under the bolt

It drives really nice and for £2500 if something major went bang it'd break for quite a lot

MOT History DF 03 VNS https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

link cost £11 , CV boot was a loose jubilee clip

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

This car is a mega bargain and an absolute no brainer compared with any other L322 in the country. You can’t buy a properly viable one for £2500 unless you’re in the trade which is why I’ve bought an E53 X5 instead.

If I hadn’t left a deposit on the X5 I’d be driving this home on Saturday

What's even more annoying is I've just put a deposit down on a van, in Exeter , so I could've driven it down

The wife likes this very much...shame the wheel is on the wrong side for us

I can see how that'd be a problem, it'd be fun to watch her scream as you pull out to overtake and she gets first glimpse of an artic coming straight at her though

Anybody spending £2500 on a 40k car is taking a risk , if you don't like that risk rent a KIA for £30 a week , this is a MOt'd running, driving, all the warning lights go out, AC works , sunroof works ,radio works, 8mm on the tyres Range Rover for £2500 which is as cheap as they get

Thanks for that, anybody spending £2500 on a 40k car is taking a risk , if you don't like that risk rent a KIA for £30 a week , this is a MOt'd running, driving, all the warning lights go out, AC works , sunroof works ,radio works, 8mm on the tyres Range Rover for £2500 which is as cheap as they get 

Sincere apologies, somehow I missed a massive chunk of the thread and didn't twig that the subject had changed from where my head was at the point I thought I was writing my reply, I have edited my post due to its unhelpful nature.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep -  was like that for the jag, lost money on it but got to drive it around for 5 months! and by having the MOT work done it got to live on for another 12 months. 

I'd have actually lost less money if I scrapped it when the MOT was up but it really was to clean to scrap for the sake of a couple hundred with the MOT man.

I am in turmoil here, I have no requirement for a 4x4, no need to tow anything, and most of the time I'm the only person in the car but I WANT THIS.  A friend has had one for 10 years now and it's thoroughly lived up to it's reputation for unreliability and ruinous running costs, but I STILL WANT IT.  Let's see it again so some other sucker can impulse-buy it before I do something stupid:

post-179-0-94497400-1549028796_thumb.jpg