The Thousand Pound Range Rover

Wack

I honestly didn't realise how much you could spend on a Range Rover

Just spent 5 minutes on their website , managed to get a LWB SV autobiography up to £215,000

That's nuts

have you checked out LR's own refurb place.....think its £100,000 for a refurb 2 door.....:o

Or just go the whole hog and get an Overfinch  :mrgreen:

have you checked out LR's own refurb place.....think its £100,000 for a refurb 2 door.....:o

Or just go the whole hog and get an Overfinch  :mrgreen:

I didn't know what an overfinch was until a few years ago , I had to deliver some stuff to a place in Manchester , the MD had a Range Rover only it didn't say Range Rover on it , overfinch , he came out while I was looking at it , he must've been 70 , 5' 5" tall with teeth that white they looked like they were fluorescent, obviously porcelain ,he looked ridiculous in it

I'd think overfinch were pretty annoyed when Bentley out chavved them

It is a bit gutless , putting your foot down makes more noise but not much happens

You are absolutely right - it's all noise and no action at that point. It's OK though, because when it matters, it finds and serves up a sufficiency of power to move anything and is as solid as a rock for towing things, which is good when it's our boat on the back and me driving.

Six-Cylinder says that when the weather is lousy and he has to drive somewhere, this is the vehicle he would take over anything else.

post-22262-0-86850600-1514754757_thumb.jpg

For somebody to be liable for somebody else's loss, the injured party has to prove that there was a negligent act or omission and that the loss suffered was a reasonably foreseeable consequence of that negligent act or omission.

With 1400 destroyed cars - say £10000 each on average - there will be a whole flotilla of ambulance chasers lawyers and investigators already working out how to apportion blame on the part of the owner of the Range Rover; JLR; the building owners; the company running the car park (despite the small print on the ticket); the architects who designed it; the Fire Brigade; the council, and, any other person, company or organisation with mandatory public liability insurance.

If anyone involved wants settled up in 2018 and they have comprehensive insurance, claim that.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the RR back to Steve to get a few little jobs done that he didn't have time to do , starter wasn't great so got a new one 30 min job

Fitted the new wheels , spun one and screech , wheel bearing plus the gaiter had a split

Bearing was huge and under £30 which surprised me , he said right let's get on with it

Lots of hammers and swearing0 later 1/2 the bearing was out , then he produced a new tool that went round the hub and pushed the rest of the bearing off

He looked at it for 30 seconds then said fuck it

post-20755-0-22217900-1515789103_thumb.jpg

Inner race welded itself to the hub?

I've got a bearing to do to the Hyundai. It's one of these complete unit things so hopefully easy enough to swap.

This was a huge bearing , think it was £23+vat

Bigger job than I thought, he tightened the bearing and the squeak went but when I saw how much the bearing was and 50% of the job had been done just to get the boot off I though it's be a false economy not to replace it while it was there

Except, got the bearing in about 6pm opened the boot box ,fuck wrong boot shop shut, so I'm picking it up tomorrow

Feck me that RR car park fire is some grief and aggro for a load of people. You rock up, pay for your ticket my cash, park up and leave your ticket in the car.

How the feck do you prove you were there other than witness statements from family and friends. Presumably while the OP says 6000 claims for 1900 bays. You got no car and the expensive digital SLR Camera in the boot has gone.

Some Fecker of a loss adjuster will be assuming your claim is over exaggerated and looking to mitigate their loss to nothing and your loss as high as it can be.

By the time you submitted a claim and the v5 and they have cross matched to the scrap in there, assuming they have the capability to do that, how long will it take and how much will that all cost someone.

Glad it wasn't the RR of this parish, which is a mighty fine result and hats off for the balls for taking it on

Feck me that RR car park fire is some grief and aggro for a load of people. You rock up, pay for your ticket my cash, park up and leave your ticket in the car.

How the feck do you prove you were there other than witness statements from family and friends. Presumably while the OP says 6000 claims for 1900 bays. You got no car and the expensive digital SLR Camera in the boot has gone.

Some Fecker of a loss adjuster will be assuming your claim is over exaggerated and looking to mitigate their loss to nothing and your loss as high as it can be.

By the time you submitted a claim and the v5 and they have cross matched to the scrap in there, assuming they have the capability to do that, how long will it take and how much will that all cost someone.

Glad it wasn't the RR of this parish, which is a mighty fine result and hats off for the balls for taking it on

Personally I think for the majority of folk out will be a relatively straightforward claim, no injury claim involved immediately so hopefully with CCTV evidence (as it will go back to a central system somewhere) it shouldn't be too difficult to prove you were or weren't there that day, shopping receipts, car park ticket (I always take mine with me as I stated driving in the early 90's in Swansea which was rife for car crime, one of the worst in Britain and the thieves always targeted cars with tickets left in them) after all if your car was in there you would have needed to get home somehow/would now be driving about in a hire car. The difficulty comes as you say when they start trying to claim they had the original "the scream" in their boot along with ten gold bars they were just* on their way to deposit safely. To keep below the radar they took their 51 plate Ka just incase therefore now want 89 millionty pounds in compo. Honest guv.

I'm guessing most will be settled asap, I wish I'd had some of my old chod parked in there !!!

They're known for it just there, Been trying to find a repair panel but they don't exist , Land Rover only supply the full rear wing at a laughable 2k per side so it'll need somebody with sparkly stick expertise because I've never welded anything in my life

Mine was pretty bubbly on both rear arches once you had the rear doors open. Didn't dare go near them with a wire brush on the drill. The upper tailgate was also going badly on its lower edge. It had been resprayed about 4 years ago due to same but was pretty terrible again on the nearside. It's a shame, as that was the only obvious cosmetic issue it had, other than a bit of hazing on the bonnet (which had also been redone after a 90mpg pheasant strike - the most Range Rover accident ever?)

I still haven't experienced the TD6, I really must, as the V8 just isn't suitable as a daily for me at the mo...