Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

I might add, I will not be going anywhere near a motorway, instead consulting my intuition and Bartholomew maps for routes. Beats me why anybody would take a motorway, especially when the North up to Scotland boasts some of the most impressive scenery in the Kingdom.

Because some of us hate driving through towns or behind arseholes on country roads meaning that at best you avetage about 35mph,and there's a fuck of a lot of miles between here and there, that's why. Occasionally I'll take the B7076/7078 alongside the A74(M) but most of the time I just need to get somewhere.

Also, if someone installed motorway just north of Fort Bill until about Loch Lochy that would be grand, because that bit of the Highlands is grim to look at.

Because some of us hate driving through towns or behind arseholes on country roads meaning that at best you avetage about 35mph,and there's a fuck of a lot of miles between here and there, that's why. Occasionally I'll take the B7076/7078 alongside the A74(M) but most of the time I just need to get somewhere.

Also, if someone installed motorway just north of Fort Bill until about Loch Lochy that would be grand, because that bit of the Highlands is grim to look at.

Sometimes the B7076/8 can be quicker than the motrway if it's cunted in some way or another

I was just going to say, while I remember, that Alford transport museum is hosting an event called TankFest on I think the 10th of June.

So, y'know, if we're stuck for something to do I'm sure they'd appreciate* a bright yellow double decker full of nutters turning up.

I was just going to say, while I remember, that Alford transport museum is hosting an event called TankFest on I think the 10th of June.

So, y'know, if we're stuck for something to do I'm sure they'd appreciate* a bright yellow double decker full of nutters turning up.

They're a Transport Museum. Of course they'd be thrilled.

Is there a bed & breakfast/pub that does rooms/hotel in the vicinity? I’m not bothered about the journey but I’m not sleeping in the rear seat of a Jaguar XF for 2-3 nights.

Obv when I say ‘vicinity’ I mean 30 mins drive or whatever is reasonable in that part of the world.

Is there a bed & breakfast/pub that does rooms/hotel in the vicinity? I’m not bothered about the journey but I’m not sleeping in the rear seat of a Jaguar XF for 2-3 nights.

Obv when I say ‘vicinity’ I mean 30 mins drive or whatever is reasonable in that part of the world

Look for B&Bs in Laurencekirk, Stonehaven, Montrose, Brechin or even Aberdeen itself. You should find something very easily within the vicinity. I'll PM you the exact location so you can find out where it is.

Obv when I say ‘vicinity’ I mean 30 mins drive or whatever is reasonable in that part of the world.

Seats down, blow up an airbed!

Although saying that, I need to see how viable that is in a saloon car, it worked well last year in the estate gooner...

1. Saabnut
2. davidfowler2000
3. FOAD
4. Ghosty
5. Hooli +1
6. beko1987
7. Flat4 (p)
8. Dollywobbler
9. mat_the_cat
10. M'coli (p)
11. Tam (Sat.)
12. Catsinthewelder
13. Heidel_Kakao and Cedric
14. KruJoe (Pleasure Wagon)
15. captain_70s
16. 254575 (109landys3)
17. JohnK
18. cms206 (p)
19. Puddlethumper. (p)
20. Squire Dawson
21. Bub2006. Up for a convoy from Midlands
22. Creepingjesus (p)
23. Barry Cade (p)
24. Drum
25. HMC
26. Tayne
27. Dome (Locost, weather and sanity dependent)
28. RobT (p)
29. SierraMikeHotel (train)
30. 3VOM

I might add, I will not be going anywhere near a motorway, instead consulting my intuition and Bartholomew maps for routes. Beats me why anybody would take a motorway, especially when the North up to Scotland boasts some of the most impressive scenery in the Kingdom.

In my experience up in the midst of nowhere, you may have problems finding a petrol station that's open.

Especially with no motorway and just a map.

"We've gone on holiday by accident ".

Edit. Mistake.

Doh!

Still there and in regular use, or was last time I went through a couple of months ago.

Plenty of accommodation within about 30 minutes (though obviously not tried any except the Panmure Arms Hotel in Edzell which is very good, but about 25 mins away.  Davidfowler2000 has answered the question above, but if anybody needs assistance just get in touch and I will do what I can.

I know from my highland roadtrip that with some carefully crafted cardboard window shutters and plenty of blankets and pillows a Civic makes for acceptable accommodation for somebody under 5'8". Naturally I plan to take the Doloshite if it ever comes back from the garage (3 weeks and counting currently) which will most likely be miserable to sleep in, I may well try and source a period correct tent...

1. Saabnut

2. davidfowler2000

3. FOAD

4. Ghosty

5. Hooli +1

6. beko1987

7. Flat4 (p)

8. Dollywobbler

9. mat_the_cat

10. M'coli (p)

11. Tam (Sat.)

12. Catsinthewelder

15. captain_70s

16. 254575 (109landys3)

17. JohnK

18. cms206 (p)

19. Puddlethumper. (p)

20. Squire Dawson

22. Creepingjesus (p)

23. Barry Cade (p)

24. Drum

25. HMC

26. Tayne

28. RobT (p)

30. 3VOM

31. RML2345 (p)

The old guard of the Scottish contingent will be travelling north from the Glasgow area on the Friday lunchtime / afternoon so if you want to get a train to Glasgow, Perth or Dundee then we can pick up on the way. We'll be heading back on the Sunday evening though.

Convoy? If so, can I join the back please with the caravan? I will most likely be towing with the Scooby so I should be able to keep up with most of you :D

1. Saabnut
2. davidfowler2000
3. FOAD
4. Ghosty
5. Hooli +1
6. beko1987
7. Flat4 (p)
8. Dollywobbler
9. mat_the_cat
10. M'coli (p)
11. Tam (Sat.)
12. Catsinthewelder
15. captain_70s
16. 254575 (109landys3)
17. JohnK
18. cms206 (p)
19. Puddlethumper. (p)
20. Squire Dawson
22. Creepingjesus (p)
23. Barry Cade (p)
24. Drum
25. HMC
26. Tayne
28. RobT (p)
30. 3VOM
31. RML2345 (p)

32. Supernaut (hopefully the BMW 320i)

Also, collection from Aberdeen airport available on the Friday for anybody taking that option. However I'll hopefully be in an E36 coupe, so not a lot of space.

1. Saabnut
2. davidfowler2000
3. FOAD
4. Ghosty
5. Hooli +1
6. beko1987
7. Flat4 (p)
8. Dollywobbler
9. mat_the_cat
10. M'coli (p)
11. Tam (Sat.)
12. Catsinthewelder
15. captain_70s
16. 254575 (109landys3)
17. JohnK
18. cms206 (p)
19. Puddlethumper. (p)
20. Squire Dawson
22. Creepingjesus (p)
23. Barry Cade (p)
24. Drum
25. HMC
26. Tayne
28. RobT (p)
30. 3VOM
31. RML2345 (p)

33.  kinkersaab

1. Saabnut

2. davidfowler2000

3. FOAD

4. Ghosty

5. Hooli +1

6. beko1987

7. Flat4 (p)

8. Dollywobbler

9. mat_the_cat

10. M'coli (p)

11. Tam (Sat.)

12. Catsinthewelder

15. captain_70s

16. 254575 (109landys3)

17. JohnK

18. cms206 (p)

19. Puddlethumper. (p)

20. Squire Dawson

22. Creepingjesus (p)

23. Barry Cade (p)

24. Drum

25. HMC

26. Tayne

28. RobT (p)

30. 3VOM

31. RML2345 (p)

33.  kinkersaab

34. gm (hopefully not kipping in the mx5) (p)