Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

Lucky git. I've been right to the top several times but never managed to see the northern lights yet.

To be honest, we saw very little. Photos showed a very slight green hue on the horizon. Well worth spending the entire night sitting in a car park! We listened to Harry Shearer on Radio 2. It was surprisingly pleasant actually. If cold...

The camera saw more than we did.

1536667_10152157213223200_1800558153_n.j

I should add, we did Helmsdale back to Wales in one day on the way back. Distances in the UK really are sod all! I mean, yes, it took all day, but it was all very pleasant. 

Yeah I believe cameras often see a lot more than the naked eye. The most I've ever seen was a very slight green flicker go across the sky once, it was so faint I'm still not really sure I saw it.

Hmm. Quickly projecting my rest day pattern in to a shift calculator suggests I'm working all of that weekend. I'll double check tomorrow and arrange time off if possible.

Also. Genuinely. Will a double deck bus get there / get in to the venue? Send me a PM with the exact location and I can street view it.

I think my current plan is to drive up, drop kids and Ms C in Inverness before attending this, collecting them and returning home.

It comes to 55% of the driving of Shitefest international.

Why Inverness?

Edinburgh or Glasgow would be more convenient.

Hmm. Quickly projecting my rest day pattern in to a shift calculator suggests I'm working all of that weekend. I'll double check tomorrow and arrange time off if possible.

Also. Genuinely. Will a double deck bus get there / get in to the venue? Send me a PM with the exact location and I can street view it.

If you can't get the time off we'll all come and find you and buy a ticket and go on a bus tour!

PM sent

I've seen the Aurora Borealis from sufficiently dark, altitudinous points here in Fife: but one of my best memories of my life to date, was sitting in one of those concrete bunker/shelters on Beach Boulevard in Aberdeen, watching the lights for hours. It was a day or two before I was due to move back to Glasgow, and it probably explains my soft spot for the Granite City. It's one of those ineffable things that reminds you of the sheer majesty of the universe.

I have only just seen this thread, but over the last few days I've been in discussion about me and the wife spending 2 weeks this summer touring Scotland.

She wants to stay in pubs which have en-suite rooms. 

I was wondering how to convince her to do the trip in the Mx5 or Omega and NOT the Juke (which I can tolerate driving, but meh)

Now I'm wondering how to convince her that 2 of the days need to involve bringing her to meet a bunch of sad twats off the internet.

Is there a nice Pub with rooms nearby ?

I have only just seen this thread, but over the last few days I've been in discussion about me and the wife spending 2 weeks this summer touring Scotland.

She wants to stay in pubs which have en-suite rooms. 

I was wondering how to convince her to do the trip in the Mx5 or Omega and NOT the Juke (which I can tolerate driving, but meh)

Now I'm wondering how to convince her that 2 of the days need to involve bringing her to meet a bunch of sad twats off the internet.

Is there a nice Pub with rooms nearby ?

There are a few good pubs that do accommodation but obviously I have not stopped there so no idea what the rooms are like. They are mostly on the coast about 10 miles away, have a look on a map at the coast between Stonehaven and Montrose. That stretch is roughly equi-distant from here

when I lived  Scotland it rained , when I nipped up for a Honeymoon it rained , when I came up for a holiday it rained , did Ben Nevis ...  snowed

so I visited Wales and it rained

camped in Wales ... it rained

and the Lakes ... it rained

Yorkshire ...  rained plus some

went down to Shite end on sea .....  F in freezing !! 

London ....  riots

Chamoix ...  got stuck in a chair lift in a snow storm

I could save everyone a drenching here ...........or worse

when I lived  Scotland it rained , when I nipped up for a Honeymoon it rained , when I came up for a holiday it rained , did Ben Nevis ...  snowed

London ....  riots

There's a reason we're all skint up here - too many rainy days, no time to save;)

London ....  riots

You're a rain god! As identified by the late Douglas Adams.