Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

Argh...fiddling with commercial vehicles *and* the Bently being out and about...even more sorry I couldn't make it!

Probably for the best mind you or I'd only have gone and started pondering and finding ways to make buying a Silver Spirit make sense again.

Also sorry I didn't get there so we could have got photos of it next to the Wartburg...

Despite leaving early (as has seemingly become my custom!) I did enjoy this one…just overshadowed a bit by car worries (more on that here). Great venue, and a top host – thanks to Nick for that, and the extra fuel pump! Highlights for me were the Green Goddess; shame I missed the start – can't wait for the video! Also the Cobra, made my little V8 sound puny.

I would have like to stayed longer, but I think a third night in a row with very little sleep would have finished me off, plus I am in the middle of working on the van in preparation for leaving on Friday. I must be getting old and sensible, but am very tempted to bring the van to next Shitefest and sleep in comfort. Maybe I could bring the Stellar as a trailer queen?

Oh and the midges! I did my best to reduce their population on the way back...

post-5223-0-48644100-1528755495_thumb.jpg

post-5223-0-24132400-1528755447_thumb.jpg

Guest Hooli

I got home 40mins ago after a paltry 1,040miles at 33.8mpg.

The tyre weld is holding and the vibration it caused has gone. So its just the blowing exhaust to sort and I'm ready to do it all again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not home yet, having taken a wrong turn and ended up on Shetland.

Fortunately the weather is still good and so is the beach at St Ninian's isle.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180611_182341327.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180611_191109451.jpg

I've been there! Absolutely lovely place when the weather's nice. Nice roads too, all you'll ever get stuck behind is a hire car doing 45 along the main road. I had my polo as fast as it ever went on the road down to Sumburgh Head.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been there! Absolutely lovely place when the weather's nice. Nice roads too, all you'll ever get stuck behind is a hire car doing 45 along the main road. I had my polo as fast as it ever went on the road down to Sumburgh Head.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

46mph? ;-)

My shitefest is nearly over!

I went to see Mr Flat4alfa for Shitely related shennanigans

post-5612-0-49068600-1528820944_thumb.jpg

Who then very kindly bought me some dinner AND let me have a drive of the brown trout, which makes my gooner feel like a tin can in comparison!

I am now in ware, collecting something from a mate then finally homeward. Bit of a culture shock being around the horrors of London when just over 24h ago I was in scotlandshire! Still got the pictures from my camera to upload!

I am home! Will do a full write up tomorrow, but I left my grans, popped to see Mr Flat4alfa, then to see a hoover chum in Ware to collect something, and then home!

My scores on the door are:

post-5612-0-20228900-1528829547_thumb.jpg

23.3 gallons of fuel

post-5612-0-86231100-1528829569_thumb.jpg

55omgmpg which is surprising since I was crawling around the North circular earlier!

And a total of

post-5612-0-63191400-1528829610_thumb.jpg

Now commences a period of mourning as is traditional after shitefest! Will dump my camera and post those up later/tomorrow

Guest Hooli

That photo also looks like you put your spare wheel on top of a folding chair?

It's a pile of airbeds that came out the boot before the wheel did, I think.

I have finally reached home after 1335 miles of no hassle running from the little Renault at an average fuel drinking of 40.3 mpg

post-17488-0-68895300-1529254215_thumb.jpg

Yesterday evening an old work mate showed me and Mrs Sloth round the Whitby area in the evening sun.

Good food and a long chat about his early Lotus Esprit restoration; trouble with pop-up lights is the current situation.

post-17488-0-41886300-1529254222_thumb.jpg