Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

Just checked, midge bite count - ZERO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Yeah, working car returned is also zero but come on, small victories,eh?)

You snore so hard, even the midges want to get further away.

In reality i think we have proof that vapping is good for you.

I feel so much better now.  Can we do it all again this weekend?

:D

Quite possibly! I believe the southern Field of Dreams will be open this weekend, for anyone who missed SF18 or who didn't but wants to come along anyway...

http://autoshite.com/topic/19386-six-cylinders-motoring-notes-fod-saturday-16th-june-now-with-added-friday-night-camping-pm-me-for-address/?p=1501836

Squire, you absolute hero.

It was indeed me with Captain_70s and Ghosty at about 1:30am cheering the yellow headlamps working their way towards the barn. :D

The MO is a most pleasant way to travel. The 5-up trip into Lawrencekirk for supplies was great fun!

Thank you, it was a pleasure doing taxi duty. Wish there was a 6th passenger on board though!

The B7076 is the former A74 trunk road.

Thought so, it is way above the usual standard of B roads. Going to check it out on Sabre Roads.

Just done a quick run down on the vital statistics. 6875/10 miles total, approximately 26.04 gallons of petrol consumed which works out roughly as:

post-17604-0-31820800-1528733006_thumb.jpg

OMG MPG.

davidfowler2000, on 11 Jun 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

I should bloody hope so. Considering some of the folk there at the weekend were from Lancashire and Yorkshire, I don't see why not!

That's a fair point.

I'm preparing to commence AN WELDATHON on the new V8 Disco's rear chassis over the next weeks, work permitting, I'll call up & join you as soon as an MOT is forthcoming (with KruJoe if he's up for some V8 shenanigans) :-)

After getting a very small amount of sleep between finishing work and driving up I had a great time chatting to people. It served as a good reminder how bad I am at remembering names/usernames, sorry about that! I wish I'd been able to stick around long enough to see thegreen goddess fire up, but as it is I only got a two hour sleep in before work, so was basically awake 24 hours by the time I finished, so while everyone else was doing getting home shenanigans I was asleep all day sunday!

Dear 205, I bought you with little thought and small expectations but you have proved to be an ace companion. Thank you for your sterling work this weekend.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180610_092839756_HDR.jpg

One thing though, could you please stop being better than my beloved AX in most ways please. Only one of you can be a keeper.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180611_181133342_HDR.jpg

205s are shit, sell it to me... I mean sell it to Chuck!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm itching like a bastard...

Off to see Mr Flat4alfa tomorrow to do some Shitely-ING. I've gained a haynes manual too, was this meant for someone or has the haynes manual fairy been visiting again?

That Haynes might be the GSA one I was hoping you could pass to 6 cylinder. I have a memory of him asking for it when I offered up some books on here about a year ago. I left some other old books near the BBQ up for grabs that some hopefully helped themselves to.

That Haynes might be the GSA one I was hoping you could pass to 6 cylinder. I have a memory of him asking for it when I offered up some books on here about a year ago. I left some other old books near the BBQ up for grabs that some hopefully helped themselves to.

I think it is, I looked at it on top of the Laguna and asked Beko about it, he had no idea why it was there!

Oh marvellous, I shall pass it on with the alfa fuse box trim! We must have discussed it before I drank 12 cans of alcohol...

Oh, I forgot to mention my souvenirs! The Wartie is very welcome.

I am sure my neighbours will appreciate the decoration to the green goddess, but the third picture does nicely as a message to the attachee! :-D

The flag is a little gift from us UK shiters!

If we have another shitefest there in 10 years I imagine it'll just be the stick left...

I think our GaryCox wins the award for most midgie attacks, I was barely even chewed by comparison. Unless he did indeed fall asleep in a patch of jaggy nettles.

Something missing from my post of homewardness (apart from the regret of having to leave early) was my sincerest thanks to Saabnut who is both a gentleman and an owner of some rather lovely things who managed to provide us with such wonderful facilities like a whole Green Goddess to start. I must also thank those who put up with me for the weekend and as always make Shitefest the unmissable event of the year. Will bring the 850 to the next one if you'll have it...