Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

post-4673-0-44319600-1514834509_thumb.png

591miles- ROADTRIP!! I'd still love to come - for me the event is the road trip as much as the event itself.

I would say Saabnut it's very nice of you to offer to Host and basically historically th organiser sets a date that suits them best, or offers a couple that are then decided over, and once the date is set it all builds from there.

Edit- id be just as happy elsewhere but this seems the most solid lead at the mo

We're not a raucous bunch and we clean up after ourselves. We don't need much/anything in the way of luxuries. And anyone who does can still stay in a nearby Premierlodge or whatever.

This does seem like an excellent option. We are overdue visiting Scotland and showing the SVM that they're not the only ones who are willing to put the miles in.

As an aside, I was just reminiscing about last year's SF and a couple of little things stood out for me. Firstly, the grass was lovely for sitting on and coupled with some fine weather made for a very pleasant and relaxed atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoyed my much time spent lolling about on the grass with an ever changing group of thoroughly nice people.

Secondly, I felt it just lacked a little something with the exclusion of a fire. You don't just miss the obvious heat benefits but also they're great communal hangouts/focal points and the light is nice as it's (almost) always better to be able to see the person/s you're talking to/with/at/over.

So Mr Saabnut sir, do you have some sit downable grass and would you permit a smallish controlled fire? Yours expectantly, Alex (aged forty two and one third).

Also, if you are serious (and happy) and the majority get on board, I would happily help with as much or as little of the organising stuff and whatever as you want.

Aye, he usually has a few old shitters rusting away in that field, although I've not driven by for a while.

Are you crackers?

Is that not a prerequisite for being on AS?

Shitefest Scotland would be excellent, I'm up for it. I'd probably bring two wheels & a tent as I no longer have a dog to give me company on the trip.

attachicon.gifIMG_3330.PNG

I would say Saabnut it's very nice of you to offer to Host...

Hear, hear!

As for fires, totally agree that they make for a great focal point to informal gatherings, and in the past I've overcome the issues associated with leaving a large, blackened, unsightly barren hole in the ground by using a fire pit similar to the one below. Leaves no trace etc. etc. If I manage to pry my idle body from the sofa this year and barring ftps, I will be in attendance with said device.220ac4de24d2a21d943e43b3d2dcc1f7.jpg

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

If it's up in scotlandshireshire I might be tempted to make a few extra days of it and book a travelodge for a couple of nights, then car sleep for the weekend of the shenannigans.

But again, I'm staying out of it for now until dates and location are set as I might not be able to make it anyway.

If it scotland though, we sort of have to convene at barrhead services en mass at some point (possibly on the way home and mass woollard. Would make a great 2019 calendar front page shot

Saying all this though, coudln't we just kip at Kiltox's new drum? It's got a garden hasn't it? His new tenants would have done a bunk and trashed the place by the time shitefest rolls round so we could all get drunk and renovate it, and Ian could film the ensuing hilarity

Attn: All Southern England and Welsh interested parties:

post-1381-0-79373400-1514904801_thumb.jpg

If you fancy breaking the journey up, there's a distinct possibility of car camping in a nice part of the world, both on your way up, and coming back down.

Facilities include outside tap, dry-stone wall for pissing against, and a field with broken shite to lick.

Tenters: bring your pegs, it's often windy! 

"Home" is near enough Malham, in the Yorkshire Dales for your route plannings.

Can you park a bus in the potential SF18 field? I'd probably annoy the megabus by doing my old route through Perth and Dundee on the way up so could do a collection at Perth train / bus station, Dundee airport / train / bus stations