Styled in Italy, built in Britain - The story of the blue Ital Van

trigger

I have 3 of the 4 original black centre caps and most the nut covers so I'll probably just refit them once I find another centre cap

The centre caps and nut covers are unique to the 575 so I'm told. I has 3/4" nuts rather than the standard 11/16" as found on the 440s and the cars

27544904_10155567795397087_2038770337689

They look simple and uncomplicated enough for a 3D printer to do? Then you can have your own 'Trigger's Ital Parts' cottaging industry.

Might be worth passing the idea by forum member RichardK as he has mentioned dabbling in 3D printing before now.  

FARKIN' YES!!!!!

This is truly a trouser tent moment. I've been thinking about the van all day and this is the best news of EVAH. It goes without saying the transformation is astonishing, especially after where it's been for the last quarter of a century!

Please can we have a driving video when you've got the time?

27544904_10155567795397087_2038770337689

They look simple and uncomplicated enough for a 3D printer to do? Then you can have your own 'Trigger's Ital Parts' cottaging industry.

https://www.3dhubs.com/3dprint/Ipswich--United-Kingdom

Might be worth passing the idea by forum member RichardK as he has mentioned dabbling in 3D printing before now.

For period authenticity you should have no more than 3 wheel centres fitted..

Bloody brilliant!

Remember we used to have one of these in the village I stayed in in the 90s.  Remember it used to sound lovely as it vanished up the hill.

May have had a couple of trips out in the back of it as a kid too.  Exhaust sounded even better in the back.  You need to rig a camera up back there then go for a drive...

Brilliant news. A clean pass. You have done all this and i still have not yet fixed the dodgy door actuators on my 75. Any chance if i leave it with you you could have it fixed by 9.30 please?  :mrgreen:

Love this van. Lots of brilliant threads on here, but i must say this is my favourite ever. I have had a massive want for a Marina or Ital van or estate for years. Got a seat in one last year at the bmc day, and the lady almost had to call the police to get me out.  :-D

I hoped to make a little video today but the phone holder I ordered of Amazon has been delivered to the wrong address so you can have this naff one I done on a private test track as a appetiser...

https://youtu.be/DUTmvzT_Qy8

This was the first time it's got to 60! It wasn't all that bad really other than the expected drone from the empty back and the gearbox doesn't like to be rushed! I went and got £25 of fuel (first time at a fuel station for 25 years) in hope that the fuel sender might have kicked into life but no such luck.

e52c5e6c855aa79185aa7a3202dea103.jpg

Nipped to B&Q for some supplies.

a9af4d5bc9d35e1958ee3c5cd8f01143.jpg

And then had a little jolly around the local villages.

56247aadc225f516963a60d05027a7cb.jpg

c822593d6140abb68ea7464e0aaea8d7.jpg

So what are my thoughts on it? It's quite snug feeling to drive, I'm 5ft 11 and wouldn't like to be any bigger, it has a very long throw between gears which don't like to be rushed or they crunch but considering it was a builders van for 9 years driven by lots of different people and I haven't checked the gearbox oil yet I shouldn't be surprised.

It handles like shite, the arse wants to kiss the front on every roundabout if your slightly throwing it in and the steering is extremely light with no feeling.

It's great!