🚨L1's euro♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨

loserone

• loserone changed the title to L1's pug shenanigans - why do I have two Hondas?

Fucksake

FRV front airbag cannot be disabled, and the manual can only advise a mother on her own with a small rear facing baby to sit in the back and get some other fucker to drive.  This makes this family people carrier utterly fucking useless for us.  

Anyone in need of a people carrier? 

Nope.  The handbook basically says if you have children under 12 they must be in the back or they will die a painful death.  Also adults who want to put children in the front are killers 

So instead they'll all go in the 205

5 minutes ago, loserone said:

Indeed, but then we'd have an FR-V.  

Mrs L1 said tonight "just to be absolutely clear, I am not happy with either the CR-V or the FR-V as a family car.  I want a disco 2"

That's me told then

I was going to ask what you reckon of the CeeAreVee mk2 - there's  a clean looking 06 in black with the 2.2 derv lump for sale vaguely local to me and it keeps catching my eye.

Then I saw the photos of the undercrackers of your CR-V and came to the conclusion that it seems to be a case of TADTS. Having said that, the MOT history of the one I like the look of hasn't mentioned grot at any point, which seems to be unusual for these. 

Best find myself for a cheap three pot shitter for the salty months I fear.

22 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I was going to ask what you reckon of the CeeAreVee mk2 - there's  a clean looking 06 in black with the 2.2 derv lump for sale vaguely local to me and it keeps catching my eye.

Then I saw the photos of the undercrackers of your CR-V and came to the conclusion that it seems to be a case of TADTS. Having said that, the MOT history of the one I like the look of hasn't mentioned grot at any point, which seems to be unusual for these. 

Best find myself for a cheap three pot shitter for the salty months I fear.

A 3 pot hack you say? 

2 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I appreciate the thought, but no. I know there are fans of them on here, but to me, syphilis is slightly more appealing. 

Perfectly fair. Parts availability can be a bit spiky as well by the sound of it, aside from the other quirks of such an unrefined car (and I’m saying that as the driver of a diesel 106!) 

22 hours ago, loserone said:

Mrs L1 said tonight "just to be absolutely clear, I am not happy with either the CR-V or the FR-V as a family car.  I want a disco 2"          That's me told then.

Make sure it is a petrol V8 or she will be even more disapointed.

My CR-V has been useful this weekend, though I haven't driven it.  I'll use this as a prod for @Jimbob McGregor to start a thread.

The FR-V needs a tickle on the exhaust so it'll get that and a test in the next month.   It'll then be for sale because it's too competent and boring.

signal-2021-10-10-201216 (4).jpg

signal-2021-10-10-201216.jpg

PXL_20211011_195232809.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PXL_20211031_082418310.thumb.jpg.4296312f1e4aef843e3fe59314a9aa9a.jpg

Made it roll

PXL_20211031_104340699.thumb.jpg.8b652602d9ef27b0aceeef88e04590b7.jpg

Obviously it's raining sideways so I got soaked to the skin

PXL_20211031_110424652.thumb.jpg.95ade5722552403358a3f997552e0edb.jpg

Stop for a fotie

PXL_20211031_114624599.thumb.jpg.5866d194c015307d2f7a54f7002452dd.jpg

Home, shuffling pugs

PXL_20211031_115008495.thumb.jpg.9be93c50c2395c68439ab52d7c47ac75.jpg

New home

Thanks to @martybabes and @Jimbob McGregor, without whom I'd have never got it home.

• loserone changed the title to L1's pug shenanigans - tractor home at last

/me searches ebay for MV Agusta decals.

Now it's actually home and I can believe it's staying, I'm picking up where I left off with the fuel tank.  It's canny rusty inside so I've had it with a bit of petrol and a ton of screws in it for a few months, shaking it up every time I remember.

Today I've got all of that out (except a couple of pesky screws) and I've put some phosphoric acid in it.  We'll see after 24 hours how much rust is left, but I foresee dropping just shy of £200 for a new tank.