🚨L1's♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨 HGF + ZE

loserone

That's 1800 miles done in the first month.  Overall averaging 53.6 mpg, though the last tank was 56.6 brim to brim.

Its grand.  I picked @davehedgehog31 up from Carlisle station on Saturday and in 90 minutes I was able to drive in city traffic, motorways, fast twisty A road up over Hartside, then single track down to Garrigill and over to Nenthead before climbing a rocky track up Black Hill at the Northumberland border.  

The kids fit in the back, the boot is perfectly adequate (though not furniture moving size really, but I've just had two vans), it's 4x4 when I need it, has roof bars for the roof box and should be able to tow reasonably once I've got a bar on.

To drive it's very acceptable.  Compliant, well damped.  It rolls a bit around corners but actually I quite like the feedback that provides.  The steering is OK despite being stupidly light. Once it's out of warranty I may try lowering the assistance.  The pillars are wide but the blindspots aren't all that huge.  

We have the driving seat quite high as it gives better visibility which is essential on the roads here.  Downside is the rear view mirror is then in the way of the road for me (5'10".  Mrs L1 is, er, shorter)

Spec wise it's about perfect.  AC, cruise control, android auto, reversing camera, 6 speed manual.  Full size spare wheel.  

Keen to get the tow bar fitted, some skid plates so I can stop worrying about the adblue and EGR being the lowest parts of the car, and a dashcam since we're keeping the thing.  Hopefully I'll still feel pleased with it in 5-10 years time.

• loserone changed the title to L1's shenanigans - borrowed horizons

I'm told it's both for sale and not for sale btw.  It feels old, but dependable.  Not sure how much you can gleam from 5 miles with two kids wrestling on the back seat.

I probably would but think I have a few loans coming in this summer.

2 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

And to demonstrate slagginess, the first picture is of my old Toledo I bought from Trigger who bought it from Mr Lobster.  I swapped it with Jim Bell.

John also had my old Kia Pride, which I bought from DodgyTom