🚨L1's euro♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨

loserone

• loserone changed the title to L1's shenanigans - 106 for sale
  • 2 weeks later...
  • loserone changed the title to L1's shenanigans - 106 and Fergie for sale. New rubber
9 minutes ago, loserone said:

image.thumb.png.525778ad543cc88e0eddc5a46a258dde.png

"Reg transferable" 

image.png

Yeah Id love to see someone turn up to a Halfords MOT station in it and shout "MOT ME!" LOL

on a more serious note, its sad to see the Fergie up for sale! I was really looking forward to the Autoshite adventures with it, I hope it finds a good home, ideally with someone else on here :) 

@Saabnut @Mrs6C fancy another? :) imagine the collection caper if you drove it back!

(and thinking of myself, it is ULEZ exempt...)

3 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yeah Id love to see someone turn up to a Halfords MOT station in it and shout "MOT ME!" LOL

I've already been told that it's impossible to take the reg off a tractor, that you can't MOT it, and that it's not the right V5 anyway cause it says Diesel.

Lots of know it alls who don't actually know much in the vintage tractor scene, online anyway.  I reckon I could get a test on it with two tyres and a rim, so call it £1800 and it can be MOTd

20 hours ago, loserone said:

The tyres on the Xantia were utterly fucked.  New Goodyears went on tonight.

Put that positive review on hold for a minute.  One of the chaps who fitted the tyres last night couldn't be arsed to change the valves.

PXL_20220831_111800873.jpg

On 30/08/2022 at 20:32, loserone said:

forgive me for maybe being a bit daft, but the timing of this coming up for sale along with another veg-oil vehicle wanted thread popping up got me wondering

this things runs on TVO, which as I understand it is a petrol and Kerosene/Paraffin mixture and the later is fairly similar to diesel fuel as I understand it (although with less Lubricity I think?)

so I was wondering could you get away with substituting the Kerosene/Paraffin portion of the TVO mix with Veg oil if you really wanted to? 

just something I am wondering about out of sheer curiosity LOL

perhaps @Talbot since I know your well versed in all the things :)  you might be able to say if this would work, or if I have missed something completely critical ?

(like for example I dont know how well veg oil vaporises compared to Kerosene/Paraffin so that might be a show stopper maybe?)

• loserone changed the title to L1's shenanigans - Fergie for sale.

For the first time ever I have an all diesel fleet, and for the first time in about five years I don't own a Peugeot.

Here's the Duster on the way home from swimming tonight PXL_20221008_185231744.thumb.jpg.39a68c1d475d81aabb08a643abb74ade.jpg

And a beer on my birthday, courtesy of @Sunny Jim.  Cheers!

PXL_20221008_193223956.thumb.jpg.9fa2425d8489cee4766a44c300e33ddb.jpg

On 9/2/2022 at 1:10 PM, LightBulbFun said:

forgive me for maybe being a bit daft, but the timing of this coming up for sale along with another veg-oil vehicle wanted thread popping up got me wondering

this things runs on TVO, which as I understand it is a petrol and Kerosene/Paraffin mixture and the later is fairly similar to diesel fuel as I understand it (although with less Lubricity I think?)

so I was wondering could you get away with substituting the Kerosene/Paraffin portion of the TVO mix with Veg oil if you really wanted to? 

just something I am wondering about out of sheer curiosity LOL

perhaps @Talbot since I know your well versed in all the things :)  you might be able to say if this would work, or if I have missed something completely critical ?

(like for example I dont know how well veg oil vaporises compared to Kerosene/Paraffin so that might be a show stopper maybe?)

No absolutely not. It would be like trying to run a petrol engine on diesel.

Closest recipe for TVO is 4:1:0.5 burning paraffin (kero) : petrol : diesel (or a small dose of 2 stroke oil)

Even then you will occasionally need to fiddle when doing light work or continual heavy work to avoid plug fouling.

• 2 months later...
  • loserone changed the title to L1's shenanigans - Sexpress in
  • 2 weeks later...