🚨L1's euro♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨

loserone

Convertible too

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163375873330

Though, those back seats are useless, and would be in the coupe too.

I assume big butt meganes would be as brave and as autoshite as a Laguna II? I'm just not that hardcore..

I'm sure there was another suggestion in here earlier.

I've found Corollas and aurii too dull, admittedly not a high power petrol one but my dad has the 2.0 turbodiesel. Not for me.

Polo not a bad shout, but £2500, which is a lot more than the nearly ~£1k I have to play with.

I wondered about a 1.6 Clio, should have a reasonable amount of poke and there's a high spec one with two sunroofs for £900, should be insurable too.

Fiesta STs all seem to be ragged silly.

What I should really do is get my 405 working with 136 BHP, that would solve a lot (but probably not be a 'safe' car).

These Meganes with the 2.0 turbo petrol engine are quite appealing, this one is spears or reapers - needs an MOT (previous straight passes) and 3/4 of the electric windows fixed, so might not be the best example.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane-2-0-gt165-Spares-Or-Repair/352524828487

Here's a nicer one

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane-2-0T-165-Dynamique-2005/332742997930

Yeah, when the MK2 focus ST came out, both the bodyshop manager and the workshop manager at the ford dealer I worked at had these. They have the added bonus of being F4RT powered.

Hence my question about big arsed Méganes.

Oof, that black one is nice.

Oh aye, just spotted that.

I don't think they're nearly as bad as people make out but early cars had teething problems. See Mrs. Barefoot's 2.0T Vel Satis that's been to the moon and back for evidence of the long term reliability of even the most complicated Renault of the era, Beko had ticking time bomb DCi Lagunas and AFAIK didn't have any problems that'd stop him from using them.

two sunroofs

tx9ek.jpg

From my brief experience working on the service desk at a Renner dealer when the fat-earse Megan came out, avoid the first year or two. Not so much teething troubles as they literally forgot to finish them. Bless em. 

We had a transporter load that were all missing the roof aerial seal. Which we only found out after they'd all sold, and all the excited customers got a lap/dash full of water at the first set of traffic lights when they stopped and all the water sat in the roof pissed out the courtesy light. Or something. 10/10

Yeah, I remember the bodyshop manager gave up getting them to rectify stuff, and took the whole car apart, repainted it, and put it back together again. He ended up getting them to supply all sorts of missing bits, and Renault then sent a couple of troublesome cars to us as business because they knew they'd get properly sorted

Corolla T Sport, if you get a facelift (2004) one they handle better too but are still softer than an EP3.

The facelift TSports might be better but I suspect they're still a long way off an EP3 or a Clio 1*2

If you're handy mechanically get a Clio, if not get a Civic. If you don't want to have fun get a Corolla...

The facelift TSports might be better but I suspect they're still a long way off an EP3 or a Clio 1*2

If you're handy mechanically get a Clio, if not get a Civic. If you don't want to have fun get a Corolla...

Absolutely, it fits the 'mums taxi' mode though and still has an interesting engine, the rest is meh I agree.

Civic would be nice, I seem to remember the steering had no feel though.

so they said, especially about the pre facelift like mine. I'm not a good enough driver to comment on that, however when you find a stretch of road where one is not OUT of VTEC then you won't notice a lack of steering feel.

Clio is a better steer up to 8/10ths, Civic comes into its own above that.

I'm not in the slightest handy mechanically, so perhaps it's best to avoid a Clio.

Mrs_l1 broached the topic this evening on her way to being interviewed on the radio about B that shall not be named. She expressed disappointment that I already have a 206gti that she can't drive, so maybe I'll get away with getting a second.

Unlikely I'll manage a pre-canbus one again, nor a sub £200 price tag.